sungod Posts: 16,437
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, try new idea in lab, bail, new wheels arriving today, need glue time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet but milder thank goodness, Sungod which wheels have you gone for?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, drove in as busy afternoon picking things up from various places none of which are near each other.
    Normal meteorological service has been resumed as its raining, may sneak a few miles in later on the bike.
    Off to grab, some coffee.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Day off work again today (9 night stint due to Tory party conference complete!) quick easy ride this morning as all my hard training done ahead of Monsal Hill Climb on Sunday.
    Then going to my favoured Hi Fi Shop to try and decide on a new CD player.

But first, a cheeky aero press before the school run.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH, which is perfect as I’m out early doors in town
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Not a bad morning, not quite as chilly as yesterday but not as bright either. Unfortunately stuck in the car again.
    I was told I was behind the times when I bought a new CD player a couple of years ago.
    Today being Fryday I will of course be going to the cafe, later might have a couple of beers and watch a film with the Mrs as the daughter is out babysitting. Unfortunately Netflix and chill probably means just that.
    Until then it's another day of dealing with idiots. I say idiots but at least it's not the Tory party conference, that's a whole other level.
  • Soggy ride in to work today, need the bike as I'm on car collection duty later.

As I actually enjoyed the turbo trainer last night I may give another go later, unless beers shout louder.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Cee dee player? Wot's that grandad?! I still have quite a good one, amplifier, floor standing speakers etc. I have a streamer connected to the amp though, which is the only thing that gets used. I chucked all my CDs. Charity shops don't want them.

Took train, as Mrs H3 is away, so it's a double school run day.

Mini wants "daddy steak" for dinner as a treat, so I'm off to the butcher later for some nice thick rib-eyes. She was offered the choice of anything she wanted including eating out. To be accompanied by roast potatoes and broccoli.

Just have to get through the day first...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning...just
    At the airport looking at a sad apron full of Thomas cook planes. I wonder if anyone's bought them yet.
    Public transport got me here almost on time, breezed through security and the flights delayed.
    Might need to have another croissant.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Cee dee player? Wot's that grandad?! I still have quite a good one, amplifier, floor standing speakers etc. I have a streamer connected to the amp though, which is the only thing that gets used.

I haven't bought a CD in years, MrsHD buys one occasionally to use in her car but at home its spotify premium and Sonos.

I even get amazon music free as part of prime but prefer spotify.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    another set of obermayers, had a 40+kph encounter with a 2-3 metre string of potholes last week, was unsighted by a van, managed to unweight for the first ones but the last got me, didn't realise the damage until i got home - front just a minor chip but will get lw to inspect/repair, the rear has clearly deformed, gets about 0.5mm wider at the brake track and there's a ripple in the side wall, doubt it's repairable but will see what they say

noticed some on huge discount at bike24 and decided to snaffle them quick, couple of grand cheaper than uk :D

got the nemesis ones on at the moment, weight difference when picking up the bike is amazing
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    sungod wrote:
    another set of obermayers, had a 40+kph encounter with a 2-3 metre string of potholes last week, was unsighted by a van, managed to unweight for the first ones but the last got me, didn't realise the damage until i got home - front just a minor chip but will get lw to inspect/repair, the rear has clearly deformed, gets about 0.5mm wider at the brake track and there's a ripple in the side wall, doubt it's repairable but will see what they say

noticed some on huge discount at bike24 and decided to snaffle them quick, couple of grand cheaper than uk :D

got the nemesis ones on at the moment, weight difference when picking up the bike is amazing

Very nice sungod, excellent wheels
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Day off work again today (9 night stint due to Tory party conference complete!) quick easy ride this morning as all my hard training done ahead of Monsal Hill Climb on Sunday.
    Then going to my favoured Hi Fi Shop to try and decide on a new CD player.

But first, a cheeky aero press before the school run.
    Miffed I didn’t get one of the last Oppo UDP machines, now hard to find. I have one of the previous series and it’s excellent, has balanced output for 2ch, or digital out otherwise. Also have a Krell CD, but IMO the Oppo is just as good for CD and does *everything* else too.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Good luck on monsal head.
    If I wasn't away this weekend I was going to give pea royd lane a shot, and it's our club climb on Sunday which is always a good watch.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Had a decent ride in, bit of work done in the office and finally completed on the 'rents house sale about an hour ago. So popped out and posted my set of keys to the buyers then treated myself to a slap up sushi lunch. End of an era, start of a new one I suppose.

Early bail needed to do some dog sitting.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Well well. I got offered the top job after last week's interview. Fuggin 'ell. Imposter syndrome strikes. What have I done? I'm an idler, a crossword doer. Nothing good will come of this.

A half decent claret with the steak to celebrate, but I'm looking after mini while Mrs H3 is away so ho's 'n' blow will have to wait.

Happy Friday all.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Well well. I got offered the top job after last week's interview. Fuggin 'ell. Imposter syndrome strikes. What have I done? I'm an idler, a crossword doer. Nothing good will come of this.

A half decent claret with the steak to celebrate, but I'm looking after mini while Mrs H3 is away so ho's 'n' blow will have to wait.

Happy Friday all.
    Nice one Mr. H. Never even knew the top job was up for grabs so soon. That's an extra pint you owe me now :wink: Coincidentally I'm due to meet our Global CFO who's over from Tokyo next month to try and get some movement on the Global HoT role that got pulled last year and which indirectly set you off on your current trajectory.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Well done H³, now you have to keep up the pretence you maintained for the length of the interview.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Well done H³, now you have to keep up the pretence you maintained for the length of the interview.
    He da boss now. I can see Hoppy making some 'Wolf of Wall Street' type inspirational speeches to his troops next week :)
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    This is the story of my life!
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    He da boss now. I can see Hoppy making some 'Wolf of Wall Street' type inspirational speeches to his troops next week :)
    More like quaaludes and hookers...
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Happy Friday all.
    Nice one Mr. H. Never even knew the top job was up for grabs so soon. That's an extra pint you owe me now :wink: Coincidentally I'm due to meet our Global CFO who's over from Tokyo next month to try and get some movement on the Global HoT role that got pulled last year and which indirectly set you off on your current trajectory.

My ex boss handed his notice in back in late June, left in early September. There has been am extensive external search plus my indirect tax colleague and me. They chose me. It's a big job, head down I fear. We should meet. I can buy you those ciders and you can dispense wisdom.
  • napoleond
    hopkinb wrote:

Happy Friday all.

Get in there!!! :D
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    I’ve pretty much chosen the CD player. Going to bring it home next week and see how I get on. Borrowing a Naim one in the meantime, it’s quite good!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Well you can afford to splash out a bit :)

And after today I need to acquire some expensive habits. Got the gas guzzling car, so apart from women and 'substances', what are the options? :twisted:
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Happy Friday all.

My ex boss handed his notice in back in late June, left in early September. There has been am extensive external search plus my indirect tax colleague and me. They chose me. It's a big job, head down I fear. We should meet. I can buy you those ciders and you can dispense wisdom.
    I was going for ask what happened to the boss as I thought he was pretty new. Anyhow, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. We should organise something in the not too distant, maybe to include the Hanwell slacker :) Drop me a PM...
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

And after today I need to acquire some expensive habits. Got the gas guzzling car, so apart from women and 'substances', what are the options? :twisted:

Nice little cottage in rural France or Italy? Bit of land for vegetables, some grape vines and olive trees to give fruit to take to the cooperative each year for wine and oil, a few chickens for eggs and meat, maybe a pig or two to fatten and kill in the autumn. This is what always sits in the back of my head. However, I'm a realist.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Nice little cottage in rural France or Italy? Bit of land for vegetables, some grape vines and olive trees to give fruit to take to the cooperative each year for wine and oil, a few chickens for eggs and meat, maybe a pig or two to fatten and kill in the autumn. This is what always sits in the back of my head. However, I'm a realist.
    Maybe Brazil or Thailand, then you could combine your ideas and mine :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:

Happy Friday all.

bloody brilliant news - many congrats - and always remember, no bluff too tough.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Maybe Brazil or Thailand, then you could combine your ideas and mine :)

nah - tish tosh.

hire the MFs as your personal entourage. that will rock. protection AND ridiculousness in one..

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Happy Friday all.

I was going for ask what happened to the boss as I thought he was pretty new. Anyhow, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. We should organise something in the not too distant, maybe to include the Hanwell slacker :) Drop me a PM...

oh fine. be like that. cut the rest of us out of your little soiree.

fine. phukkk it. we'll get our own beano to a pub going.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.