SRAM sprocket spacer

joey54321
joey54321 Posts: 1,297
edited October 2019 in Workshop
So I seem to have lost one of the little plastic spacers that go between the sprocket on my sram cassette (old cassette, getting wheels ready for cx season). Does anyone know if these can be purchased separately? I cant seem to find them.

Cheers

P.s. its an 11 speed system.

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    If you can’t find them, I’d buy a new cassette and when that is worn out take out the required spacer and put it in your old one and refit. That way you won’t have to throw away the one with the missing spacer and it will actually work out cheaper as you won’t have to buy a spacer and will end up having to buy a new cassette at some point anyway.

That or ask nicely on here if anyone has a goosed old sram 11sp cassette that they would be happy to donate - cost pennies to post a single, or even all the spacers...

PP
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    go to the shop and ask them to get one of the old bits bin and buy them a Watneys Party 7 in return

or go to the dump and get an old wheel and take one off there.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    You do know them Party 7s is expensive and so good you wouldn’t want to be giving them away don’t you? :mrgreen:

Otherwise a good idea... :wink:

PP
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    joey54321 wrote:
    So I seem to have lost one of the little plastic spacers that go between the sprocket on my sram cassette (old cassette, getting wheels ready for cx season). Does anyone know if these can be purchased separately? I cant seem to find them.

Cheers

P.s. its an 11 speed system.

Take one of the other identical spacers to your local engineering workshop - they will knock one up for you in about 5 mins.