thursday is entangled with itself

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brrr

much coffee, do abstract thing in lab, webex, more lab, maybe do some killing, i like lab/kill balance, adds variety, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold here s well, just got back from walking the dog and turned the central heating on
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Soooooooo tired. Going to go to work and sleep. Not exactly a productive day ahead here...
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH so longer walk for the hound this morning.

Later is the pub, but far away so I’m driving. Last meet up before we leave for Kilimanjaro next Friday, this shoots getting real!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    iya

Not much going on. Full on panic mode later packing for the weekend away, at least I've found my passport.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Later is the pub, but far away so I’m driving.
    Isn't that what the random tandem's for? :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    iya

Not much going on. Full on panic mode later packing for the weekend away, at least I've found my passport.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Later is the pub, but far away so I’m driving.
    Isn't that what the random tandem's for? :D
    :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, its rather cold this morning! will be lobbing stuff in the log burner tonight, wood of course not random house hold items.
    Toasters slowly dying which was annoying kept tripping the electrics so have to see about replacing it, maybe it would make suitable kindling?

Little peeved at the LBS was assured the bike would be done Tuesday the latest, in their defence they didn't say which Tuesday... Ill go prod them later with something.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, ice on the car again this morning. OH is back from her 1 day in Barcelona but hopefully I'll get out on the bike again tonight.

I'm keeping pace with my PBs on technical trails without feeling totally out of control so I'm hoping to be all set for racing the weekend after next as I have very limited riding time between now and then. Beer festival on the weekend, can't come soon enough as there is a huge and predictable argument brewing at work that I have been banging on about for months. Idiots.
  • Dropped wifeycar off at the dealers to have a door issue sorted, back to work for breakfast and attempt to reactivate my Zwift subscription.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    ...attempt to reactivate my Zwift subscription.

What's wrong with a poster of alpe d'huez pinned to the wall in front of the turbo trainer? Or better still, a picture of Puck Moonen's backside?

Random tandem. Like.

SG - You don't work with bacteria and petri dishes by any stretch of the imagination do you?

Nippy today. Must to some stuff.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Nothing really, I tend to run it in the background and watch a skiing film on the laptop anyway.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Pinno wrote:
    Random tandem. Like.
    TLW's or Martyn Ashton's?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    Pinno wrote:
    SG - You don't work with bacteria and petri dishes by any stretch of the imagination do you?
    nope, decided long ago to avoid biohazard, aside from squidgy cheeses etc.
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Moderately chilly this morning although I was a bit tired and didn't really notice 'till I was half way to the train station. Riding home tonight after I ditched the bike at the office earlier in the week to avoid the London Monsoon. That might wake me up a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    anyone else watching the Quo on red button?

utterly mega

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    anyone else watching the Quo on red button?

utterly mega
    No..why are they on red button?
    Or is red button the new redtube?
  • Matthewfalle
    in concert in hyde park with the utterly amazing jo wylie as presenter. they were mega.

unfortunately they finished and the emperor of the bell ends, mick hucknall, came on so i'm now watching l'equipe d'estelle sur la tele francais.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    the emperor of the bell ends, mick hucknall, came on
    Sounds like you pressed the simply red button
  • Matthewfalle

:D:D:D:D

that, Sir, is sheer comedy genius. comment of the year by a long chalk.

cha-peau.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

:D:D:D:D

that, Sir, is sheer comedy genius. comment of the year by a long chalk.

cha-peau.

Seconded. I genuinely lol. Super effort there thistle!
  • Stevo_666
    Exchanged contracts on the 'rents house today. Completion tomorrow. Quite relieved its sorted now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Tbh I found Hucknall being called Emperor of the Bell ends very funny. A title well earned.
  • thistle_
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Exchanged contracts on the 'rents house today. Completion tomorrow. Quite relieved its sorted now.
    Good news. Are they moving in on Saturday then?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Good news Stevo, bet that's a relief.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    V - yep, it was time to let it go. Bit of an emotional moment as it was the house where I grew up, but it's not exactly a prime holiday home :)

Next weeks job will be headed down the bank with a cheque and trying to persuade them that I'm not a drug dealer or money launderer.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good news. Are they moving in on Saturday then?
    Im glad it's done Thistle. They're moving in this afternoon. Can't wait it would seem...so much so they said they would clear out my remaining old furniture etc (as I couldn't get up this week and the house clearers couldnt come round till next week) so saved me a decent wedge on house clearance fees.

Also theyve agreed to store a few bits and pieces for me and I'll collect end of the month.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    V - yep, it was time to let it go. Bit of an emotional moment as it was the house where I grew up, but it's not exactly a prime holiday home :)

Next weeks job will be headed down the bank with a cheque and trying to persuade them that I'm not a drug dealer or money launderer.

Do Northern solicitors not have access to automated clearing systems?!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Do Northern solicitors not have access to automated clearing systems?!
    They won't do electronic transfers as a matter of policy - apparently it's too risky...but they are good value for money I suppose.