Donald Trump

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    I’ve come to the conclusion that he’d have to do something really, really bad to get sent down while in office. It goes against the American grain to confirm that the president is bad.
    Once he is out of office though I think the gloves will come off.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • 2011:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-mock ... rder-moat/
    Obama wrote:
    We have gone above and beyond what was requested by the very Republicans who said they supported broader reform as long as we got serious about enforcement. But even though we've answered these concerns, I gotta say I suspect there are still going to be some who are trying to move the goal posts on us one more time.

Maybe they'll need a moat. Maybe they'll want alligators in the moat.

2019:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/p ... -wars.html
    Trump wrote:
    Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Trump wrote:
    Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.

To be fair, it's America. I can understand why he might think that shooting unarmed non-white people "just in case" might be OK.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • "to slow them down" ffs
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well, another nail in the coffin was his recent twitter rant, along with insulting various Democrats and claiming he is a stable genius.
    He has made it more than apparent on a number of times he is the total opposite.
  • "You talking to me?"

https://twitter.com/OutFrontCNN/status/ ... gr%5Etweet

Anyone still think it's all part of the plan?
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Rolf F wrote:
    Trump wrote:

To be fair, it's Donald Trump. I can understand why he might think that shooting unarmed non-white people "just in case" might be OK.

Can be the only interpretation of what you meant.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Robert88 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Trump wrote:

To be fair, it's Donald Trump. I can understand why he might think that shooting unarmed non-white people "just in case" might be OK.

Trump must get so frustrated with all these negative Nancy's that are advising him.
  • john80 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Trump wrote:

Trump must get so frustrated with all these negative Nancy's that are advising him.

Can you imagine being the White House employee tasked with providing a cost estimate for a trench along the border filled with snakes or alligators?
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Can you imagine being the White House employee tasked with providing a cost estimate for a trench along the border filled with snakes or alligators?[/quote]

To a certain extent it would be funny if you had limited education. However when you have got yourself educated at the best establishments and then sought to educate yourself on various areas of government I can imagine it becomes rather heart breaking for you to use your talents in this way. Maybe they can just leave the room and come back with a ridiculous figure that you made up in the pub with your fellow dejected employees of the state.
  • john80 wrote:
    Can you imagine being the White House employee tasked with providing a cost estimate for a trench along the border filled with snakes or alligators?

To a certain extent it would be funny if you had limited education. However when you have got yourself educated at the best establishments and then sought to educate yourself on various areas of government I can imagine it becomes rather heart breaking for you to use your talents in this way. Maybe they can just leave the room and come back with a ridiculous figure that you made up in the pub with your fellow dejected employees of the state.

They are appointees by the Trump presidency, not civil servants. Not the same as here, so they've made their choice.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    john80 wrote:

To a certain extent it would be funny if you had limited education. However when you have got yourself educated at the best establishments and then sought to educate yourself on various areas of government I can imagine it becomes rather heart breaking for you to use your talents in this way. Maybe they can just leave the room and come back with a ridiculous figure that you made up in the pub with your fellow dejected employees of the state.[/quote]

Well if you were the chief economist* at Colchester zoo you may be asked to cost a trench round the croc arena to keep them in and humans out which is the same thing albeit on a smaller scale. That would be a perfectly respectable thing to calculate and be fulfilling rather than heart breaking.

* ...no need to go there.
  • Costing alligator filled moats or sticking official paperwork that Trump shredded that's officially against federal law? Which would you prefer if you've had many hundreds of thousands of dollars on degree and masters in the best ivy league institutions, possibly even being a Rhodes scholar and part of skull and bones secret elite society? Blue Peter or some stupid costing exercise?
  • step83
    Waiting for an alligator moat around his hotels now
  • robert88
    Step83 wrote:

There was an African dictator who fed his enemies to crocodiles; others he had cooked and served to his guests. I'd imagine the latter might appeal to Trump's cost-conscious nature and it would also enable him to make his guests collude unwittingly with his crimes. I'd suggest Boris Johnson should be careful before tucking in at a Trump establishment.
  • Step83 wrote:

He's denying it and also denying knowledge of what a moat is.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... l-meeting/

I love the way this is all under such an official heading, and then it turns into:

Q Finnish media here. Finland is the happiest country in the world.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Finland is a happy country.

PRESIDENT NIINISTÖ: Yeah, for sure.

Q What can you learn? What can you learn from Finland, which has a social-democratic (inaudible)?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, you got rid of Pelosi and you got rid of Shifty Schiff.
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    He really does act like a six year old.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    So what was the Finnish meeting about? Seemed to be all about lies, corrupt news and moats ... ?

It really was a perfect meeting.
  • Lagrange
    Robert88 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

There was an African dictator who fed his enemies to crocodiles; others he had cooked and served to his guests. I'd imagine the latter might appeal to Trump's cost-conscious nature and it would also enable him to make his guests collude unwittingly with his crimes. I'd suggest Boris Johnson should be careful before tucking in at a Trump establishment.

Good idea. I had an ex gf who proclaimed, disturbingly, that eating people would provide the perfect nutritional balance on the you are who you eat principle. She was not an African dictator, just an ordinary one.
  • Lagrange wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Good idea. I had an ex gf who proclaimed, disturbingly, that eating people would provide the perfect nutritional balance on the you are who you eat principle. She was not an African dictator, just an ordinary one.

An ordinary dictator or an ordinary African?
  • Lagrange
    Good question - can't answer because she f'ng ate me.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,685
    Longshot wrote:
    He really does act like a six year old.
    That's not fair to six-year-olds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    5 year olds have more rational thought than the orange c**t
  • rolf_f
    john80 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Trump wrote:

Ordinary alligators or alligators with "lasers"?
  • robert88
    orraloon wrote:
    5 year olds have more rational thought than the orange c**t

You underestimate him, he is talking to the masses:

"The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its most stupid member divided by the number of mobsters." -- Terry Pratchett
  • rolf_f
    Step83 wrote:

He's denying it and also denying knowledge of what a moat is.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... l-meeting/

I love the way this is all under such an official heading, and then it turns into:

Q Finnish media here. Finland is the happiest country in the world.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Finland is a happy country.

PRESIDENT NIINISTÖ: Yeah, for sure.

Q What can you learn? What can you learn from Finland, which has a social-democratic (inaudible)?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, you got rid of Pelosi and you got rid of Shifty Schiff.

Also from that (Quoted from Grauniad) - I like this one.
    The long suffering, eternally patient Niinistö tried to get a word in edgeways, and finally did: “But I think the question is for me. First of all, when I referred to your democracy, I just wanted to tell that I’m impressed what American people have gained during these decades – a hundred-so years – building up very impressive democracy.

“So,” he added, “keep it going on.”
  • step83
    Well, hes now trying to get China, who he is actively engaged with in a trade war mainly of his own makings. To investigate the Biden's

I'm waiting for China to either flat out refuse or suddenly a trade deal is negotiated and some magical evidence comes to light.
    But given Trumps track record with China and his recent amusing outbursts I doubt this will actually happen.
  • rolf_f
    Step83 wrote:
    Well, hes now trying to get China, who he is actively engaged with in a trade war mainly of his own makings. To investigate the Biden's

I'm waiting for China to either flat out refuse or suddenly a trade deal is negotiated and some magical evidence comes to light.
    But given Trumps track record with China and his recent amusing outbursts I doubt this will actually happen.

Surely just a blatant attempt to show that such behaviour is all above board by doing what he previously did in secret publically.

Probably it will work.........
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Rolf F wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Surely just a blatant attempt to show that such behaviour is all above board by doing what he previously did in secret publically.

Probably it will work.........
    Trumps modus operandi "hide in plain sight"
    Most republicans seem to be holding fire on commenting apart from the usual suspects McConnel, Graham etc. only thing that can make impeachment work effectively is if the court of public opinion is strong enough to worry some repubs they'll lose their seat.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • robert88
    Normalising corruption.