wednesday inverted

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

bit nippy out there, but dry

once more unto the lounge, dear pastries, once more, etc., say bonjour to mon braves, tartare et bier, lounge, back, cry god for onboard wifi, comfy seats and eurostar vin
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah dry here too, woods are still wetter than a ‘insert gag here’ though
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry and much colder that northerly wind is not helping
  • sungod
    on-train brekie scoffed, currently under the channel, wifi really slows down
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Got organised and put swmbo's washing on last night so it would be done just before she leaves for work so she can peg it out to dry in the sunshine.
    She's gone in to work early. She's not coming back to sort it out.
    The drawer popped open so no detergent went in.
    I'm going to be late now because I've got to sort it out :?

Roll on Friday.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,159
    sungod wrote:
    Maybe the French wi-fi is on strike?

On train into town. More torturing of numbers by new minion until they tell me what I want to hear. Then beer and curry.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Play day at Sherwood with mates, suspect it may be muddy in places. Weather promising to be dry and bright but definitely cool. Thistle do we detect and inner domestic goddess with you. Unless it's my running or biking stuff it's instant divorce for touching the washing in our house.
    But she doesn't mind you ironing? I prefer the full service approach.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Maybe the French wi-fi is on strike?
    afaik it's british carriers outbound, french carriers do the other direction

zooming through the sunny french countryside, think i'll go find a cafe on arrival, fancy a madeleine or three
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, car was iced over this morning but it's sunny so I can't complain. I bought 3 pastries on the way in only to find I am the only one in.I now have a very excited Labrador snaffling around my feet. OH left at 2am to go to Barcelona for 1 night for her mum's birthday, I avoided that because I'd be grumpy knowing how good Barcelona is and how boring family gatherings are. Need to find something to do with my 25 days holiday remaining before Christmas though...

Bikes later, yay!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, certainly colder this morning, also wore a non water proof jacket, no doubt tempting fate. Today shall be spend perusing the interweb mainly. Work wise only kicks in tomorrow for me when I employ my most humble shouty English to Japanese officials, to be fair they speak better English than I do!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Coffee, coffee and more coffee. Struggle of a day already.

Dog got a short walk today was disgusting out there.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Run last night was good, new lights are even better so what way to celebrate? Lets go for another run before work.
    Ibuprofen here we come...

What to do tonight on a dry calm evening, probably decorate if SWMBO has her way.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    many pics on lamp posts about a lost cat, always saddens me, hope it gets home ok

meeting went smoother than expected, didn't need to kill anyone, enjoying post-tartare slouch in the gdn lounge, sipping espressos and nibbling madeleines, looks like i may need to nip over to one or more of be/fr/nl next week, fortunately all eurostarable, trainset lifestyle
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sun is shining, roast chicken lunch scoffed, now just kicking back with a cup of coffee.

may peruse some sheds.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I recon sungod is playing his own version of The Circle.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    "Free" lunch courtesy of advisors. Very acceptable crab linguine, though it could have done with a spot more chilli. Maple syrup parfait with choc ice-cream. No booze - I've decided I can't do lunch-time booze.

Going to haunt the coffee machine now, so I don't nod off.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman wrote:
    unless it's a blocked karzee, then that's mine.
    Even if she's blocked it? :wink::D
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo my Mrs,s won't let me do the ironing anymore as I show hers up.
    Win-win scenario Oxo . The saying here is 'why have a dog and bark yourself?' :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo my Mrs,s won't let me do the ironing anymore as I show hers up.
    Win-win scenario Oxo . The saying here is 'why have a dog and bark yourself?' :)
    Because it's fun to confuse the dog :mrgreen: