Shimano M6010 rear hub - any opinions ?

njwc
njwc Posts: 4
edited October 2019 in MTB buying advice
The Shimano FH-M6010 hub here has been suggested as a low-ish cost hub for a 142x12 enduro wheel build based on a 27.5" DT Swiss EX 471 rim.

At £52 its a lot cheaper than the more proven Hope Pro 4 or DT 350 hubs, and as the budget is limited it has some appeal.

However, I cant find a single review of it anywhere online so am wondering if anyone has experience of it ?

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    They're fine. There's nothing flashy about them, but they're decent, reliable hubs. They do need a bit more maintenance due to the cup and cone bearings, and you can't change the axle type or freehub type (so no running XD drivers or converting them to QR) as you can on other hubs, but if you don't want to do those things anyway, that's not a problem.
  • njwc
    njwc Posts: 4
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Wiggle have the DT Swiss 370 rear hub on sale for £45.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • I use hope pro 4 mtb rear hub. You can try it for your bike.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    if you are happy to regreasing the cup n cone bearings every so often then go for the shimano hub and save a little money.

I don't mind spending a little more and use hope hubs on my bike.

don't superstar have any on offer?