Best winter bibtights

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited October 2019 in Road buying advice
Looking for a bibtight that is warm and water repellant as i dont think anything is 100% waterproof
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• Pearl izumi elite amfib

Superb unpadded highly water resistant fleece lined with hoof shape at ankles to go over your boots to stop water running in
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I have DHB Classic Roubiax tights that I have been using over the last 3 winters and find them brilliant. They are still in near perfect condition and very warm and comfortable. I also have a pair of Lusso Roubaix unpadded tights which I wear with bib shorts underneath if its particularly cold but I cant honestly remember the last time I wore them as the DHB have never let me down or left me feeling cold.
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Galibier mistral do the job nicely, just pay attention to the size guide - they're a bit compressive due to the water repellent fabric, so you may need to size up from normal. They'll keep you dry and warm in drizzle or light showers, but (like all clothing of this type) won't stand up to a prolonged downpour. The pad works for me (I've done a few 125+ mile rides in them with no issues), but that's always a personal thing. I normally run quite cold and find them good around 0-10°C.
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Also half the price of most of the other options out there! I do have a few pieces of Pactimo kit (as recommended above) including a water resistant short sleeve jersey, and rate them highly.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    Worth noting that discount codes are available on the Pactimo stuff (I can send you one if you like) plus they have regular sales where stuff is pretty well reduced.
  • markyone
    Thanks guys some really nice info,i have never heard of these brands but look really good.
  • Probs worth checking out Lussos offerings too. I don't have any, but their bib shorts seem to trounce a lot of other "boutique", brands at twice the price...
  • markyone
    MrB123 wrote:
    Worth noting that discount codes are available on the Pactimo stuff (I can send you one if you like) plus they have regular sales where stuff is pretty well reduced.
    Yes that would be nice if you can send me a code thanks