Donald Trump

Comments

• PBlakeney wrote:
    Donald is visiting the latest section of his wall today and has revealed that the concrete goes down 6 feet.
    So Mexicans know if they tunnel to a depth of 6 feet then they can get past his impenetrable wall.

Also...

Trump said "the wall is wired so that we will know if somebody’s trying to break through.”

He then invited Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, the Army chief of engineers, to expand on the details.

But Semonite responded: “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.”
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Donald is visiting the latest section of his wall today and has revealed that the concrete goes down 6 feet.
    So Mexicans know if they tunnel to a depth of 6 feet then they can get past his impenetrable wall.
    Pfft. I've worked on kitchen extensions with deeper footings.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    PBlakeney wrote:

The only time Trump is not lying is when he is jeopardising national security?

That I can believe although in this case, given his honesty, it's more likely they skimped on the footings and they will only have to go down three feet.
  • Robert88 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

The only time Trump is not lying is when he is jeopardising national security?

That I can believe although in this case, given his honesty, it's more likely they skimped on the footings and they will only have to go down three feet.
    The fence posts go down 6 ft, the panels just rest on gravel boards..
  • This Ukraine story is another where he does something out in the open (gets Rudy to go and tell a foreign government that it would be good for them to investigate a political opponent), then only when there is a suggestion he also did it in private is there a scandal because it comes from a whistleblower.

It's weird that the system isn't set up to hold people to account for corruption when they just say they are doing it.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    This Ukraine story is another where he does something out in the open (gets Rudy to go and tell a foreign government that it would be good for them to investigate a political opponent), then only when there is a suggestion he also did it in private is there a scandal because it comes from a whistleblower.

It's weird that the system isn't set up to hold people to account for corruption when they just say they are doing it.

Its becoming more and more clear the vultures are circling in an ever tighter pattern or the dying animal so to speak, just none have the courage to deal the final blow.
    You have plenty of people throwing the work Impeachment about and various questionable activities going on but nothing actually gets moved forward.
  • Lagrange wrote:
    Seems to me that Donald Trump was the only one of the western countries that assessed Iran's intentions correctly. He should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. :D

...just saying.
  • robert88
    Ffs, has he still not been driven past a grassy knoll and book suppository yet?

I blame kindle.
  • Ffs, has he still not been driven past a grassy knoll and book suppository yet?

that would be the worst thing to do due to the fact his troglodite brats would then try and promote themselves as the new Kennedys ....... his base would love it, the inbreds would generations of publicity.

let him get impeached and go to jail.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

• the orange khunt bizarrely done good.
    Did you see the quote he made recently as to why he looked orange? It is due to these new fangled low energy lightbulbs, he said everyone looks orange under them, he is trying to stop the banning of old incandescent inefficient bulbs.. surprised not
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • let him get impeached and go to jail.

Sadly the thick orange narcissistic bunglecunt is going nowhere soon and is likely to get a second term.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

the orange khunt bizarrely done good.
    Did you see the quote he made recently as to why he looked orange? It is due to these new fangled low energy lightbulbs, he said everyone looks orange under them, he is trying to stop the banning of old incandescent inefficient bulbs.. surprised not

Yes, we covered that last week after MF posted the above!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • step83

the orange khunt bizarrely done good.

The fact that no one else seems to have reacted like a kid thats drunk to much Sunny Delight has gone a miss.

If you look he is orange bar around his eyes, aka the sunbed he has in the whitehouse is getting a lot of usage.
  • Fek, with the language he's using he's trying to start more than a trade war with china at the UN GA meeting speech he's giving.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Pelosi prepping house for a statement tomorrow, could be the long awaited impeachment?
  • no because the 'Crats know it won't get through both houses and the orange khunt will proclaim that he has been cleared of everything.

it'll just be Pelosi saying what a naughty boy he is.

statements mean nowt, actions do.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Slowly some of the Democrats are coming round to things, this whistle blower incident has got some peoples backs up mainly because they are hushing it up which immediately brings more attention to it.
  • Possible impeachment announcement later today;

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/statu ... b0c171ab87
  • Being reported that Trump admin refused to assist an American journalist facing arrest Egypt, even to the point of sitting on the info so that it didn't get out, how low can he go?
  • they still did to pass the motion in both houses which they can't do.

if they get rid of Moscow Mitch then its a straight line to OC - until then, nada, zil, nul, rien.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • and look at the dude who is next in line - not really that much better tbh ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • robert88
    PBlakeney wrote:
    A YouGov poll said 55% of Americans would support impeachment if it was confirmed that President Trump suspended military aid to Ukraine in order to push the country's officials to investigate Joe Biden.

We could call it "Trexit"? It has more support than Brexit anyway.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited September 2019
    Trumpit?

Maybe there's a marketing opportunity: US Presidents Top Trump cards.

Merit will be given for:

Assassination
    Assassination attempts
    Number of people killed in wars during office
    Number of people shot per annum domestically
    Drug related deaths
    Rate of unemployment
    Rise in the number of homeless
    Exploration for resources in environmentally sensitive areas
    Loosening of gun laws

Negative points

Net immigration
    Woolly liberal policies - welfare, health care etc
    Not taking the opportunity to have a war with somebody, somewhere
    Negotiating peace deals
    Rate of unemployment
    Fall in the umber of homeless
    Creation of SSSI's
    Tightening of gun laws

I see that he refers to himself as a witch.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • and look at the dude who is next in line - not really that much better tbh ......

Impeachment doesn't mean removal, but it does mean that Republican senators have to actively vote to support him after the evidence is out there.

But even if it did, if you were a Democrat, I think you'd rather face Pence than Trump in 2020, wouldn't you? He isn't exactly going to fire anyone up.
  • step83
    and look at the dude who is next in line - not really that much better tbh ......

Impeachment doesn't mean removal, but it does mean that Republican senators have to actively vote to support him after the evidence is out there.

But even if it did, if you were a Democrat, I think you'd rather face Pence than Trump in 2020, wouldn't you? He isn't exactly going to fire anyone up.

With the Dem's controlling 2/3rds of the house so its likely it wont actually happen.

It will have a rather negative affect on the 2020 campaign as a whole as this is bound to turn into a mud slinging match between both parties. If Biden stands against Pence is a no brainer, Biden Vs Trump would be supremely messy more so than the Trump Vs Hillary campaign last election.
  • It's difficult to choose a favourite part of this particular storm, but I'd single out Donald Trump Junior tweeting that it was outrageous that "Biden gets a pass on using his office to enrich his son".

It must take training to attain that level of self-awareness.
  • It's difficult to choose a favourite part of this particular storm, but I'd single out Donald Trump Junior tweeting that it was outrageous that "Biden gets a pass on using his office to enrich his son".

It must take training to attain that level of self-awareness.
    Rudy Giuliani has to be up there for the quickest flip in history when first denying then immediately admitting what occurred followed by this latest batshit crazy meltdown;
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giu ... d0cef37f77
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,130
    edited September 2019
    They released a document that has him asking Ukraine to investigate the democratic party server from 2016 and Joe biden, and that's the damage limitation option.

It's all based on " well he's saying he's done it, so I guess it can't be that bad".
  • Ok, this is crazy. They released a document that has him asking Ukraine to investigate the democratic party server from 2016 and Joe biden, and that's the damage limitation option.

It's all based on " well he's saying he's done it, so I guess it can't be that bad".
    That's the short transcript.