'ning

coffees, webexes, dabble in lab, arrange some hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    Yeah Monday.

Hybrid cycle today, looks like it will be Rather damp on the way back
  • Morning, well after last nights rain things are drying out nicely strong wind though, a bit of running about this morning, hopefully a ride this afternoon
    Enjoy your week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    Run runned. Caught the nipple off oxo.
    Came across a waterfall en route that wasn't supposed to be there, must report that to someone.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, also blue skys, well to one side grey the other, ill ignore that side for now and bid farewell to summer.
    nose leaked copious volumes of claret this morning, not had that for a while so somethings wrong. Hey least if I fancy a short day I just need to sneeze a few times and instant murder scene.

Waiting to see if Dolan deliver today, I'm guessing no as they haven't update the order yet. more annoyed emails if nothing by three.
  • Three days of site visits, going to be busy which makes a change.

Spent the weekend tree felling and DIYing which resulted in numerous scratches, almost a dislocated finger and almost a broken hand.

Also snapped the pull start of my chainsaw.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,438

Is this spate of nipple injuries attributable to the weather? Can't you put plasters on them?

Runnists :roll:

Kick back on the chainsaw? Timing issue. Maybe fuel related. Did it kick back when warm?

Me doing DIY me. Well, I should have started a while ago but i got sucked into this.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    Pinno wrote:

Is this spate of nipple injuries attributable to the weather? Can't you put plasters on them?

Will make an X out of gorilla tape for next time, should sort it.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,582
    good example of that here https://youtu.be/cYjIkJ4Ufu0?t=268
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:

Not these?

GdMHYqeGMNvHKs_5n1-f7Ugnla76v3OOVQWsS4E40ow.jpg?auto=webp&s=6b4a03f18bcad5c0a283cf1dcdf6a4a7de14a14c
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,438
    sungod wrote:

There's some suppression of the inner anarchist in you SG.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Plumber turned up. Yay! Tiler rang to postpone start of job a few days. Booo!

More building of outdoor bench activities. Now all cut and test assembled, so just a couple days worth of sanding and finishing to go now. :roll:

Deferred commissioning of the router table because faff. Packing spacers required, plus it weighs *a lot* and moving it / turning it upside down is hernia-inducing stuff.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • gopping weather so avoiding going outside. am too old to go outside in this weather - there are lots of young enthusiastic people around here to go outside.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,713
    Afternoon,

Decent ride to work, still no jacket needed in the soft South.

Replied to all the daft questions from the buyers solicitors about my folks house. The buyers are desperate to move in and want to exchange and complete by this Friday and even offered to do the final house clearance for me and store my TV, garden strimmer and a few bottles of grog until I can make it up there. That saves me a couple of hundred quid so why not. Although I told them they should have a word with their solicitors as I'm not convinced they're being totally realistic on timing...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pinno wrote:

Kick back on the chainsaw? Timing issue. Maybe fuel related. Did it kick back when warm?

No, I just pulled the cord and it snapped.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Don't ask, don't get. So I asked, and the company have said I can keep my mobile phone and the number when I go at the end of October. Result! Now I'm shopping for a pensioner-friendly SIM only deal...
  • Pinno wrote:

No, I just pulled the cord and it snapped.

#muscles

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Weathers doing a Thomas Cook, speaking of them one of the admin monkeys is stranded abroad due to this currently so we've offered to send a large flight crate over with a pack of jaffa cakes and a bottle of water for the return journey.
    Apparently were not being helpful.
  • thistle_
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although I told them they should have a word with their solicitors as I'm not convinced they're being totally realistic on timing...
    Pfft yeah.
    My house was a repossession and they gave me 28 days to complete, my solicitor seemed to sit on it for 3 weeks before doing anything.
  • Yep, we bought PP's #3 & 4 at auction and the deal was completion in 28 days. Our solicitor had it sewn up in about 2 weeks but then people just fannied about for a week or so.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    sungod wrote:
    I'll wait until I'm at home until I click that :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,713
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although I told them they should have a word with their solicitors as I'm not convinced they're being totally realistic on timing...
    Pfft yeah.
    My house was a repossession and they gave me 28 days to complete, my solicitor seemed to sit on it for 3 weeks before doing anything.
    Luckily I don't really care about an extra week or two as I don't live there. The buyers were dead keen to move in and have packed all their stuff up ready to move, so are living out of suitcases in their own home. Not my problem and it"s saved me a bit of wedge :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,582
    sungod wrote:
    I'll wait until I'm at home until I click that :roll:
    just noticed the first link is to an inferior version, this is the proper one...

https://youtu.be/3dGj9h8ggCc?t=208
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Now this was a packet of fags.

dunhill-button-red-king-siz.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Or these.

Benson-Hedges-Speci-F-20f-SC2006.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Or indeed these.

Embassy-Filter-20f-GB1976.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Glad I packed it in mind.
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:
    Or these.

Benson-Hedges-Speci-F-20f-SC2006.jpg

These or blacks were my poison of choice. Miss the days of sparking up an having a pint of bitter in the pub :lol:
  • Marlboro Red man here - first ciggie of the day, fresh coffee, sun rising over the whatever random part of the world I was in.

Not a care t be had for 20 minutes before it all hits the fan.

Utterly unbeatable.

Gave up 18 years ago and still miss it to a certain extent.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.