Why would anyone chain up a gate on the NCN??

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Tw@ting is not contacting, is spouting into t'internetz. Do it properly as suggested above. Sustrans will be on it once they know about it.
  • Were you on your racing bike?
    I
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Were you on your racing bike?
    I
    He can’t answer as he’s chained himself to the gate in protest until Sustrans answer his tweet.
  • Webboo wrote:
    Were you on your racing bike?
    I
    He can’t answer as he’s chained himself to the gate in protest until Sustrans answer his tweet.
    Don't Merlin own the farm around there?
  • Asprilla wrote:
    Bungle73 wrote:
    Oh, and I tried reporting it to Sustrans. I cannot find any mechanism on their website to report a blockage, so I tweeted them about it. They didn't reply, so I guess they are not interested.

https://www.sustrans.org.uk/contact-us/

Thanks.
  • orraloon wrote:
    Tw@ting is not contacting, is spouting into t'internetz. Do it properly as suggested above. Sustrans will be on it once they know about it.

Nonsense. Of course it is.
  • webboo
    Bungle73 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

So if someone was burgling your house would you tweet the police or use another form of communication.
  • Webboo wrote:
    Bungle73 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

So if someone was burgling your house would you tweet the police or use another form of communication.

We're not talking about reporting an ongoing crime to the police though are we. You really need to get with the programme. Many organisations take correspondence via Twitter these days.
  • webboo
    Bungle73 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Bungle73 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

We're not talking about reporting an ongoing crime to the police though are we. You really need to get with the programme. Many organisations take correspondence via Twitter these days.
    I’m not the one who no one replies too.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Bungle73 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

It actually isn't. If you bothered to look on the Sustrans website, you would see that twitter is not one of the methods they suggest for reporting NCN issues.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    I would hope that Sustrans staff have got better things to do with their time than faff about on soshul meejah. Anyway OP, have you reported it yet?
  • Imposter wrote:
    Bungle73 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

It actually isn't. If you bothered to look on the Sustrans website, you would see that twitter is not one of the methods they suggest for reporting NCN issues.

Er yes it is. Why are you talking such obvious rubbish? I could name dozens of organisations that one can converse with via social media. Maybe Sustrans should drag themselves into the 21st century.

And if you'd actually bothered to read what I wrote, instead of trying to start a fight, you'd know I'd already been on the website and I never saw any such statement on there.
  • orraloon wrote:
    I would hope that Sustrans staff have got better things to do with their time than faff about on soshul meejah. Anyway OP, have you reported it yet?

Better things to do to do than communicating with the public? OK.

And yes, I talked them via email.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Got to agree with Bungle here - stuff like Twitter is an excellent way to report issues. You can share the exact location and send photos. Much more useful than a phone call or email.
  • Twitter is an excellent way to report issues for those organisations that have adopted it for this purpose. However, the point is in this case is that reporting an issue with the network involves emailing Sustrans from the Contact Us page.

Twenty second visit to the website. It's absolutely clear what to do.
  • Bondurant wrote:
    Twitter is an excellent way to report issues for those organisations that have adopted it for this purpose. However, the point is in this case is that reporting an issue with the network involves emailing Sustrans from the Contact Us page.

No it's not.........
  • OK...clear for me at any rate
  • imposter2.0
    Bondurant wrote:
    Twitter is an excellent way to report issues for those organisations that have adopted it for this purpose. However, the point is in this case is that reporting an issue with the network involves emailing Sustrans from the Contact Us page.

Precisely this. Bungle doesn't want to hear it though. He'd rather just mouth off on the internet.
  • imposter2.0
    Meanwhile, the gate is probably still padlocked, because Bungle is still hung up about twitter...
  • Imposter wrote:
    Meanwhile, the gate is probably still padlocked, because Bungle is still hung up about twitter...
    He did say he contacted them by email too. Although that was probably to complain about their response to twitter.