Dartmoor Hornet sizing advice needed

donslow
donslow Posts: 69
edited September 2019 in MTB buying advice
Hey all, some advice needed.....

Looking to buy a Dartmoor hornet frame but after over a week of solid reading, still cannot get a solid answer as to whether it’s a small or a medium that would best suit me?!

I’m 5’6” with a 29-30” inseam, any solid answers would be absolutely sterling!

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    How long is a piece of string and where can you buy this string. It's tough when you're between sizes but advise is difficult as body dimensions and riding stile come into play. My body dimensions are just under 5'5", inseam 31", ape +2.7" so someone else my height could be 29" inseam and a -1.5" ape, how they fit on a bike would be a lot different to me. This when between sizes gets hard to recommend.
    The only thing I can suggest is to find some bikes with a similar geo and see if you can have a sit on one.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Reach is as important, if not more so, than seat tube length on modern mountain bikes.
    Have a look at the Dartmoor Geo Chart and compare to your current bike or a bike that you know is the right size for you.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009