• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Congrats OCDuPalais!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    RichN95 wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    I got us a prime spot at my mate’s place in Skipton when I heard the WC RR route back whenever it was announced. I was so proud of myself. I was also proud when my wife announced she was up duff - but less proud when the due date for both were the same.
    That's a shame, but I'm sure your wife could ask one of the nurses to Skype the birth for you.
    Exactly. Blokes just tend to stand about and get in the way, anyway. But, in a rare piece of cunning on my part (also how we got pregnant), we’ve planned for a home birth this time: all being well it could be a Eurosport, whale sounds and hypno-birthing sound clash at our place. If there’s one thing guaranteed to get the missus firing that baby out, it’s Carlton Kirby wanging on.
  • ocdupalais
    Thanks all for your congrats. And, yes - the sex and name of the nipper is tbc. If it comes before the Men and Women’s: it’s going to be Fausto or Beryl. If it comes after, it’s the name of the World Champ. Possibly.
  • ocdupalais
    G pulls out of TT.
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    I got us a prime spot at my mate’s place in Skipton when I heard the WC RR route back whenever it was announced. I was so proud of myself. I was also proud when my wife announced she was up duff - but less proud when the due date for both were the same.
    That's a shame, but I'm sure your wife could ask one of the nurses to Skype the birth for you.
    Exactly. Blokes just tend to stand about and get in the way, anyway. But, in a rare piece of cunning on my part (also how we got pregnant), we’ve planned for a home birth this time: all being well it could be a Eurosport, whale sounds and hypno-birthing sound clash at our place. If there’s one thing guaranteed to get the missus firing that baby out, it’s Carlton Kirby wanging on.

In which case, video evidence or it didn’t happen
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Remco would be a great name...
    Half man, Half bike
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Remco Circus even, if you are that way inclined (or a celeb).
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    VdP doing 100km extra training after the road ra e he did today (180km).

Baller.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    He's not exactly hiding his form, is he?

https://twitter.com/GosuSM/status/1175435267542540289
  • But GVA followed that pretty well. That impressed me. Surely he’s good value at ~25/1?

Sagan too of course while looking easy.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    G Thomas sacks off the TT
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • ocdupalais
    Lutsenko looking brutal strong for next week.
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    Lutsenko looking brutal strong for next week.

Extended race highlights.

https://www.pmgsport.it/video/diretta-s ... tani-2019/
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    andyp wrote:
    He's not exactly hiding his form, is he?

https://twitter.com/GosuSM/status/1175435267542540289

Woof.

Not his style, eh?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    VdP doing 100km extra training after the road ra e he did today (180km).

Baller.
    Shouldn't he be starting a taper...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    Can't help feeling he's going to end up like Sagan was for a few years where he made himself such a favourite for races no-one would work with him.
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:
    Can't help feeling he's going to end up like Sagan was for a few years where he made himself such a favourite for races no-one would work with him.

Doesn't need it with the strength of the Dutch team atm. (appreciate that is only a couple races a yer max).
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

Doesn't need it with the strength of the Dutch team atm. (appreciate that is only a couple races a yer max).

Yep, fair point. I can see someone like Teunissen benefiting from everyone marking him out of the race though.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Pross wrote:

I'm guessing that the Belgian team will be testing that Dutch strength from quite a way out.

.. DECLERCQ Tim
    .. EVENEPOEL Remco
    .. GILBERT Philippe
    .. LAMPAERT Yves
    .. NAESEN Oliver
    .. TEUNS Dylan
    .. VAN AVERMAET Greg
    .. WELLENS Tim

That's a team that has the potential to put the Dutch under a lot of pressure.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    The Belgians have the classic Worlds conundrum though - who amongst all those potential leaders do they back and will the others accept that?
  • rick_chasey
    andyp wrote:
    The Belgians have the classic Worlds conundrum though - who amongst all those potential leaders do they back and will the others accept that?

Fair.

(Gilbert surely)
  • andyp wrote:

They are not Italian team from the 80/90s. If Naesen/GvA could do it Gilbert would make it happen ( and be happy about it!)
  • rick_chasey
    andyp wrote:

They are not Italian team from the 80/90s. If Naesen/GvA could do it Gilbert would make it happen ( and be happy about it!)

Even GvA?.....
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    andyp wrote:
    Isn't this basically the same as QuickStep all year? Doesn't seem to have hurt them.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Gilbert and Evenepoel have the best form (in the team). Think they can do an excellent 1,2,3 with GVA. They are the team to beat. QS way of racing will work well for them mindset wise.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • DeadCalm
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Gilbert and Evenepoel have the best form (in the team). Think they can do an excellent 1,2,3 with GVA. They are the team to beat. QS way of racing will work well for them mindset wise.
    Exactly this. It should make for a really exciting race.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Dutch and Belgians to spend the race watching and marking each other resulting in an Italian or Aussie winning is my bet.
  • Weather looks like it will be factor. Can't see the southern European s loving it. It could be torrential . Going to be a slog!
  • DeadCalm
    Pross wrote:
    Dutch and Belgians to spend the race watching and marking each other resulting in an Italian or Aussie winning is my bet.
    Don't think Belgium have anything to gain by watching and marking the Dutch. They'll be trying to break the race up and gain a numerical advantage.

Evenepoel's TT was merely practice for his inevitable attack from 50km out.
    Team My Man 2022:

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Looking at the full startlist, seems harsh on GB to just have 6 riders. How do Denmark, for example end up with 8?