Worlds ** spoiler** ( not the official one)

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited September 2019 in Pro race
Crossing-wasteland-from-back-to-back-housing-towards-railway-line-Leeds-1970-221-28.jpg
Leeds
pri_60578549.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C483&ssl=1

chips and t'gravy

47976C6A00000578-5214571-One_doorman_tried_to_diffuse_the_situation_after_a_fight_broke_o-a-5_1514363227523.jpg

s-l640.jpg

Pudding ( tell the Scandinavians this is not a desert)

nightlife

flat+pint.jpg

Tetley

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Eerrm....

hmmmm.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Don't forget the lovely horses

3f5e6f587270bd4758c950d538540f54d0cd4134.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Where are the cows?
    Half man, Half bike
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    3rd picture.

Just kidding
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    That’s doesn’t look like any pint of Tetleys I have drunk or seen. Looks more like cooking lager.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612

Pudding ( tell the Scandinavians this is not a desert)
    Cultural desert?
  • inseine wrote:
    Better beer picture

92f874c32f48b567e03771d5a63651c4.jpg

That's going straight back. Never accept a beer in a dirty glass.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Where are the cows?
    Stampeding through a cul-de-sac

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... cul-de-sac
  • I can take I hint but I am out of the country from Monday and with great foresight, have to leave the house at half time during the Wales match. :oops:
    So I can certainly kick the "official" thread off and I have an excellent info resource link that I can leave for folks to peruse and like me, plagiarize. :P

harry-knaresborough-460.jpg
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • webboo
    That pudding is a Lancastrian delicacy. You usually ask for baby’s head and chips when visiting a chip shop over there.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Where are the cows?

In the pie presumably
  • ridgerider
    Lovely cows in all stages of life and death.

No pics, but is this not the land of Old Peculiar, and my personal favourite... Black Sheep?
    Half man, Half bike
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Ridgerider wrote:

No pics, but is this not the land of Old Peculiar, and my personal favourite... Black Sheep?

I believe the men's race passes through Masham, where Black Sheep and Theakston brewery are based. Black Sheep was founded by a former director/ owner of Theakston following a board level disagreement.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ridgerider
    Oh yes...I have followed his career with interest!
    Half man, Half bike
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    M.R.M. wrote:
    3rd picture.

Just kidding

:D
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Where are the cows?
    Stampeding through a cul-de-sac

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... cul-de-sac
    I think people have been overlooking these cows. This is the Eddy Merckx of spoiler thread cow references. If you can find the words Cow, Stampede and Harrogate together elsewhere then I shall cede the floor to you.
  • inseine wrote:
    Better beer picture

Terrible beer picture. Owner of the brewery's a total berk who treats Tadcaster as his private fiefdom, and every Sam Smith's pub in York is a grubby hole full of people who have been barred from Wetherspoons apart from the one by the river, which mixes the formula up by sometimes being a grubby hole that's full of water.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    ...Owner of the brewery's a total berk who treats Tadcaster as his private fiefdom, and every Sam Smith's pub in York is a grubby hole...
    Interesting. There is a Sam Smith's pub in Oxford. Sought it out. Total cr4p. Just weird. Is there a pattern forming?
    Off topic I know but whatevs.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    gsk82 wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:

I believe the men's race passes through Masham, where Black Sheep and Theakston brewery are based. Black Sheep was founded by a former director/ owner of Theakston following a board level disagreement.

Birth place of the mashed potato I believe.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    orraloon wrote:
    ...Owner of the brewery's a total berk who treats Tadcaster as his private fiefdom, and every Sam Smith's pub in York is a grubby hole...
    Interesting. There is a Sam Smith's pub in Oxford. Sought it out. Total cr4p. Just weird. Is there a pattern forming?
    They're bloody cheap though!

He can't be as much of a berk as Tim Martin surely.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    phreak wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:

does that mean weve been saying it wrong for all these years,and it should be mazzed potato :lol:

and it was a bit more than a mere board level disagreement, Roger Protz can probably explain it better than I can https://protzonbeer.co.uk/features/2018 ... -beer-saga
  • webboo
    phreak wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:

I presume this was a bit tongue in cheek as Wikipedia says France or Cornwall.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    Webboo wrote:
    phreak wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:

I presume this was a bit tongue in cheek as Wikipedia says France or Cornwall.

You presume correctly, but your diligence is appreciated.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    inseine wrote:
    Better beer picture

Terrible beer picture. Owner of the brewery's a total berk who treats Tadcaster as his private fiefdom, and every Sam Smith's pub in York is a grubby hole full of people who have been barred from Wetherspoons apart from the one by the river, which mixes the formula up by sometimes being a grubby hole that's full of water.
    I am now wondering what pronouns I need to use for this beer, and why everyone seems to be making such a big deal of it
  • ridgerider
    To use a rather old fashioned expression... Is it REAL ale?
    Half man, Half bike
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    orraloon wrote:

The Three Goats Head wasn't that bad back in the day when I was a student, ditto The Chandos by Trafalgar Square.

Recently popped into Ye Old Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street on a pub crawl and was pleasantly surprised. Landlord was friendly and gave us a tour of the whole building... and the beer was as good as the other 4 pubs we went to that night.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    inseine wrote:
    Better beer picture

That's going straight back. Never accept a beer in a dirty glass.
    I also want the full pint I paid for. Top it up for us please :):lol:
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Tashman wrote:
    I also want the full pint I paid for. Top it up for us please :):lol:

its a northern thing, they like drinking their beer that you could put a flake in :lol: