Vile left wing envy and hatred

12346»

Comments

• Robert88 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    This is a weird thread
    I haven't read each post but where did the issue of envy get addressed?

I did make a start but it several pages ago.
    Robert88 wrote:
    The outrage expressed over this ancient article should not be allowed to cover up the fact that the UK is bitterly divided.

This division could justifiably be blamed on the government of the UK, its policies promoting austerity and the way in which the hardest hit were 'the masses' at the lower end of the wealth spectrum.

The discontent was a gift for those campaigning for Brexit.
    Oh yes! Otherwise known as the "it's the Tory's fault" argument. Apply to everything wrong with UK and politics. It covers so many wrongs!

Except I believe this editorial was written by a staunch left winger called Owen who holds the Tory's fault argument at the core of his political belief system, like a religious fundamentalist. So imho it doesn't hold in this case because the envy, if that is what it is, comes from the left. The issue is with the left. And a privileged left at that I reckon. So I really don't know what that envy is about

So how do you explain today's political scene?

Where does the bitter emnity come from?
    It's always been tribal. It just needs something to trigger it. Any colour government could do that. It's been labour in that position before now and led to Thatcher and a long period of Tory government. Conservatives had the same argument for many years after gaining power back then. Labour's fault. Tory's fault. Same weak argument for divisions within society.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Did he not attend the funeral of Palestinian terrorists? Is he not an anti semite either? maybe I should stop reading and start smoking

Only Israel, the US and Daily Mail readers consider the PLO to be 'terrorists'.

kindly add me to the list of people who think members of Black September were terrorists
    Form an orderly queue please...

Im in the q too please. though since they were terrorists killed by jews they are a difficult group. Hero Martyrs :roll:

is your problem with Jews or Jews killing terrorists?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,531
    I'm assuming the Telegraph using a far right politician who thinks there are positives from the Holocaust as a columnist has been heavily criticised on this thread, yes?
  • I'm assuming the Telegraph using a far right politician who thinks there are positives from the Holocaust as a columnist has been heavily criticised on this thread, yes?

No, this is just a troll trawl.
  • rick_chasey
    Yeah, I mean, who cares that one of the most read broadsheets publishes columns by known Nazi sympathisers.
  • or the suns latest headline about a cricketer?
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Public domain that story... if you're from NZ that is.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    edited September 2019
    Yeah, I mean, who cares that one of the most read broadsheets publishes columns by known Nazi sympathisers.

as far as I'm aware he doesn't advocate the use of Nazi concentration camps or the wholesale slaughter of jews, what he has done is highlight the more positive mainstream policies of the German Government in that era and reflect on the value of those aspects. This is a dangerous thing to do for a far right politician because it leaves him open to the claims that he's a nazi sympathiser

He hasn't as far as I'm aware inferred that someone who's lost a child is too rich to really have suffered.

Sometimes challenging alternative perspectives is useful and adds to the conversation and growth of a community, sometimes in an intellectually bereft group very little can be said without riling up the proles.

As far as Nazi Era connections go, the world is full of them such as IBM who provided the technology to identify and track Jews inside the data contained in the census system that they supplied to the German Government. Your pension is quite likely to have shares in IBM

Volkswagen was created by the NAZI state. Banks all over the world provide lines of credit to businesses and consumers
    to fund the purchase of products manufactured by this NAZI created company.

Coca Cola for reasons of commercial expediency actively promoted itself as Pro Nazi in German marketing. Your pension is quite likely to have shares in Coca Cola

The associated Press the bastions of your free speech remained in Nazi Germany and fired all Jewish members of staff when other news organisations left.

Bayer, part of IG Farben specially created the gasses for exterminating people in concentration camps amongst many other atrocities. Today your pension fund may well invest in Bayer. 13 out of 24 directors in IG Farben were convicted of warm crimes for the atrocities, many of them went on to run the businesses that were set up when IG Farben was split up.

So my jolly history grad, not all that glitters is gold
  • rick_chasey
    Glad you've outed yourself as a Nazi sympathiser.
  • Glad you've outed yourself as a Nazi sympathiser.

the only person outed in this Instance Rick is you. As a dullard.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    The associated Press the bastions of your free speech ....
    Our free speech?
    Is it not yours also or do you:

a) not believe in free speech
    b) believe you don't have freedom to speak as you're silenced by the liberal mainstream media or lamestream media if you like?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh wrote:
    The associated Press the bastions of your free speech ....
    Our free speech?
    Is it not yours also or do you:

a) not believe in free speech
    b) believe you don't have freedom to speak as you're silenced by the liberal mainstream media or lamestream media if you like?

I don't consider them as champions of free speech but in any case it was a turn of phrase.
  • Yeah, I mean, who cares that one of the most read broadsheets publishes columns by known Nazi sympathisers.

as far as I'm aware he doesn't advocate the use of Nazi concentration camps or the wholesale slaughter of jews, what he has done is highlight the more positive mainstream policies of the German Government in that era and reflect on the value of those aspects. This is a dangerous thing to do for a far right politician because it leaves him open to the claims that he's a nazi sympathiser

He hasn't as far as I'm aware inferred that someone who's lost a child is too rich to really have suffered.

Sometimes challenging alternative perspectives is useful and adds to the conversation and growth of a community, sometimes in an intellectually bereft group very little can be said without riling up the proles.

As far as Nazi Era connections go, the world is full of them such as IBM who provided the technology to identify and track Jews inside the data contained in the census system that they supplied to the German Government. Your pension is quite likely to have shares in IBM

Volkswagen was created by the NAZI state. Banks all over the world provide lines of credit to businesses and consumers

Coca Cola for reasons of commercial expediency actively promoted itself as Pro Nazi in German marketing. Your pension is quite likely to have shares in Coca Cola

The associated Press the bastions of your free speech remained in Nazi Germany and fired all Jewish members of staff when other news organisations left.

Bayer, part of IG Farben specially created the gasses for exterminating people in concentration camps amongst many other atrocities. Today your pension fund may well invest in Bayer. 13 out of 24 directors in IG Farben were convicted of warm crimes for the atrocities, many of them went on to run the businesses that were set up when IG Farben was split up.

That's lovely but you still haven't answered this:
    Im in the q too please. though since they were terrorists killed by jews they are a difficult group. Hero Martyrs :roll:

I for one am interested to hear the answer.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • He has stated that the holocaust was 'games with gas'.

What are you views on this?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,607
    The Telegraph have seen fit to take down the op-ed.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:

disgraceful
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,607
    rjsterry wrote:

disgraceful

Some would call it vile.

Or post a few paragraphs of whataboutery.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Longshot wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Where does the bitter emnity come from?

America.

For a long time, I was always grateful that, despite our differences, we generally did not have the same level of vitriol in our domestic politics that the Americans exhibit.

Those days seem to be long gone.

Me too. And yes, we are being trained by the cousins.
  • robert88

Your 'revelations' are very well known.

Mein Kampf was cleverly written so as to include 'sensible' policies, 'positive mainstream policies' if you wish. Foot in the door tactics after which the policies could become a lot nastier. Writers who visit the book for their ideas are dangerous.

The author of MK was well aware of the levers of power employed by the establishment to control the masses and at first gave the impression he was their champion in the struggle to empower the ordinary German. In fact he was taking over those 'levers' for his own ends. Very much as Trump is doing in the USA and the Cummings/Johnson combine are starting to do.

The ordinary people would soon find they had new and more devastating masters.
  • what he has done is highlight the more positive mainstream policies of the German Government in that era and reflect on the value of those aspects. This is a dangerous thing to do for a far right politician because it leaves him open to the claims that he's a nazi sympathiser

Have you noticed you don't hear too many people these days reflecting positively on the charity work that Jimmy Savile did.
  • Robert88 wrote:

Mein Kampf was cleverly written so as to include 'sensible' policies, 'positive mainstream policies' if you wish. Foot in the door tactics after which the policies could become a lot nastier. Writers who visit the book for their ideas are dangerous.

The author of MK was well aware of the levers of power employed by the establishment to control the masses and at first gave the impression he was their champion in the struggle to empower the ordinary German. In fact he was taking over those 'levers' for his own ends. Very much as Trump is doing in the USA and the Cummings/Johnson combine are starting to do.

Alejandro is far too intelligent to fall for that, he has stated so himself.
  • Longshot wrote:

That's lovely but you still haven't answered this:

I for one am interested to hear the answer.

this was sarcasm and clearly lost. I have no problems with anyone killing terrorists. but please lets not go back to school and start talking about one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.
  • this was sarcasm and clearly lost.

OK, noted. To be fair, it's getting harder and harder to tell in some of these threads.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • what he has done is highlight the more positive mainstream policies of the German Government in that era and reflect on the value of those aspects. This is a dangerous thing to do for a far right politician because it leaves him open to the claims that he's a nazi sympathiser

Have you noticed you don't hear too many people these days reflecting positively on the charity work that Jimmy Savile did.

No you don't but the real value of the charity work he did that wasn't part of his repulsive crimes isn't altered by the negative connotations that anything associated with him now has.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Robert88 wrote:

You spelt "leavers" wrong.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • robert88
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

You spelt "leavers" wrong.

You have a point :lol: