Velo Birmingham & Mids 2020

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
Announced this morning

28/06/2020.

Ideal date and I am very tempted. Enough daylight hours to get your fitness up - but the whole thing isn't hanging over your head all summer.

Any ideas on the route ?

Sure Ugo will be along to give it his seal of approval soon.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,235
    MIldly annoying, as it means next year I'll have to think whether the date for my Audax is still suitable, being (as things stand) the following weekend
    left the forum March 2023
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    I'm 99% in. I'm not too far away and the north one is too much hassle.
  • flite
    flite Posts: 219
    Don't plan and spend money too far ahead with this organisation.

They have cancelled Velo North
    But not before organisers of the excellent Winking Sheep Sportive that was due to be held the week before decided to cancel due to the expected effect on entries and disruption to the community.
    Cyclists and sportives, audax, C2C all very welcome in the Dales. Roads close most of the day - no.

CSM do not have a good track record, do they
  • Now moved to the 21st... annoying, as I changed the date of BRUM 200 because it was too close to the 28, now it would be fine... oh well
    left the forum March 2023
  • david7m
    Entries open 1 October if you have done it before, then a few days later for pre registered.
  • Just entered :)
  • david7m
    Me too:)
  • Managed 18mph average this year, aiming at 19 for this one. Small steps and all that!
  • david7m
    Managed 18mph average this year, aiming at 19 for this one. Small steps and all that!

Sweet!

Me and my mate did it this year in 5.30 hours including breaks, target is 5 hours for next year which I think is possible but a significant jump!
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    in - be happy with a 15mph average.

Dumb question - but do we know the route yet ?
  • david7m
    kingrollo wrote:
    in - be happy with a 15mph average.

Dumb question - but do we know the route yet ?

Don't think so. I've done a Brexit and signed up without knowing :D
  • Since my local council spent a fortune this year resurfacing the route in North Warwickshire I would guess similar to this year.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    If you look on the website you can see the provisional route. It does look similar to last year's one.
  • Email says midnight tonight is last chance for pre-registration, allowing these people to enter from tomorrow.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • CptKernow
    CptKernow Posts: 467
    Is the fast track entry worth paying the extra for? Registration is pretty close to the start so that's not a huge sell but I'd definitely want to go in the first waves as I'd be aiming for a quick time...
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    landmannnn wrote:
    Since my local council spent a fortune this year resurfacing the route in North Warwickshire I would guess similar to this year.

N Warwickshire council seem to have spent a fortune resurfacing minor roads and footpaths that lead nowhere this year.