Vile left wing envy and hatred

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    HaydenM wrote:
    To be fair, the Guardian does contain a fair bit of drivel, even if I'm sympathetic to that drivel
    That hardly distinguishes it among newspapers. With umpteen thousand words produced every day it's inevitable that a lot of it is not worth reading.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Robert88 wrote:
    The outrage expressed over this ancient article should not be allowed to cover up the fact that the UK is bitterly divided.

This division could justifiably be blamed on the government of the UK, its policies promoting austerity and the way in which the hardest hit were 'the masses' at the lower end of the wealth spectrum.

The discontent was a gift for those campaigning for Brexit.

Not UK - whole West. Social media gave voice to everyone and Dunning-Kruger explains which people are the loudest. Interesting times ahead, indeed.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:
    You're not really disgusted, are you.

I was at the time. Now I'm more entertained watching supposedly bright people finding ways to defend The Guardians actions.

And then you thought you'd see if you could get any bites off the lefties on BR? I think one person said it was admirable that they'd removed the offending article, which seems a low bar for admiration. I'm sure that person will be pleased to know they've entertained you.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Calm down everyone. :roll:

Says the guy who got his gnarly board shorts in a twist when we pillocked him for telling us he's an awesome surfer.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Calm down everyone. :roll:

Says the guy who got his gnarly board shorts in a twist when we pillocked him for telling us he's an awesome surfer.

Looool :lol:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Rolf F wrote:
    Yes huge over reaction to this - it's not a very nice article but going so far over the top just makes some posters look desperate for something to take offence at.

The only decent thing would be for the author to commit ritual Seppuku and for the Guardian to close down. I mean, that is the least that the good, honest, Daily Mail reader would expect. Anything less just isn't good enough.

hardly going over the top to be disgusted by the vile class driven outpourings. I'm not going to commit Seppuku because its far funnier watching people excuse the article and even promote The Guardian as a bastion of good taste because it made an apology.

That's not my point. My point was that it doesn't matter what the Guardian does to apologise - the self righteous lynch mobbing masses won't accept it as adequate. Hopefully they make sure it won't happen again. On the other hand, other papers should be apologising for virtually every editorial and article they publish and sometimes are forced to do; but they still keep doing it. Are you equally disgusted by the vile class driven outpourings of the right wing press or is that ok?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:

I was at the time. Now I'm more entertained watching supposedly bright people finding ways to defend The Guardians actions.

And your thoughts on the Sun trawling Ben Stokes family history for some extra ad revenue?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

And your thoughts on the Sun trawling Ben Stokes family history for some extra ad revenue?

Haven't read it so don't have an opinion.

The constant suggestions that The Guardian should be given a pass because the mail and the sun are sometimes tossers too is very funny, it presupposes that The Sun The Mail and Guardian are all publications of an equal level. I'm sure the Guardian doesn't see itself as such and based on what I've seen here, neither do a significant proportion of its readers.

Here are the values that The Guardian strives to maintain.

honesty; cleanness (integrity); courage; fairness; and a sense of duty to the reader and the community.

you can read all about the values of the Guardian in an essay from the 1920's here https://www.theguardian.com/sustainabil ... nary-essay
  • rjsterry
    The constant suggestions that The Guardian should be given a pass

Where?

Quote a few examples to support your argument.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Rolf F wrote:
    Are you equally disgusted by the vile class driven outpourings of the right wing press or is that ok?
    Given that comments on here about the wrongdoings of the right wing press/media are fairly common, all Mr. Dog appears to be doing is bringing a bit of balance to the debate :)

But as I'm sure you will agree, two wrongs don't make a right so the line about 'what about nasty things the right wing press have said' doesn't excuse the Guardian's latest effort.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    But as I'm sure you will agree, two wrongs don't make a right so the line about 'what about nasty things the right wing press have said' doesn't excuse the Guardian's latest effort.

This. Pointless whataboutism.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

This. Pointless whataboutism.
    Ah, you're talking about left wing whataboutism, but I notice you're not saying anything about all the right whataboutery....
  • rolf_f
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Are you equally disgusted by the vile class driven outpourings of the right wing press or is that ok?
    Given that comments on here about the wrongdoings of the right wing press/media are fairly common, all Mr. Dog appears to be doing is bringing a bit of balance to the debate :)

No it doesn't. But ultimately I'd still like to know what the ranters expect from the Grauniad? Are they allowed to learn from this mistake? What annoys me is not people apologising for mistakes but them apologising (or not) and then repeatedly and knowingly re-making those mistakes.
  • rjsterry wrote:

Where?

this thread is littered with them.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

No it doesn't. But ultimately I'd still like to know what the ranters expect from the Grauniad? Are they allowed to learn from this mistake? What annoys me is not people apologising for mistakes but them apologising (or not) and then repeatedly and knowingly re-making those mistakes.

Ranters????? demanding to know what people expect??????? Outraged of Chigwell demands!
  • Stevo_666
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

They are obviouly allowed to learn but probably won't as in my experience, lefties don't learn :) Just look at the Labour party going back to the politics of the 1970s.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rolf_f
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

They are obviouly allowed to learn but probably won't as in my experience, lefties don't learn :) Just look at the Labour party going back to the politics of the 1970s.

You mean like how the Tories learned from the mistake of having a divisive leader in a Govt with no majority by replacing her with Boris Johnson?
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

You mean like how the Tories learned from the mistake of having a divisive leader in a Govt with no majority by replacing her with Boris Johnson?
    Well at least the the conservatives have learned from the mistakes of the past and Chamberlin about trying to negotiate and appease European dictatorships that have no intention of being partners.

The Labour Party of course remains true to its roots in appeasing and enabling the enemy. The would be Prime Minister is in fact, an advocate of taking it up the shit ter and doing the bidding of enemies of the state.

An apologist of the first order, much like yourself.
  • Stevo_666
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

The tories are lefties? More whataboutery I think :wink:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:

Where?

So quote those that illustrate your "constant" claim.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Where?

Every comparison you go and find one, its as easy for you as me or are you not willing or able? Total victim again I see.
  • solid work
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Where?

Every comparison you go and find one, its as easy for you as me or are you not willing or able? Total victim again I see.

Just asking you to back up your claim. If you'd rather not that's fine. Makes no odds to me.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Well at least the the conservatives have learned from the mistakes of the past and Chamberlin about trying to negotiate and appease European dictatorships that have no intention of being partners.

The Labour Party of course remains true to its roots in appeasing and enabling the enemy. The would be Prime Minister is in fact, an advocate of taking it up the shoot ter and doing the bidding of enemies of the state.

Calm down Nigel.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • rolf_f
    Longshot wrote:
    Well at least the the conservatives have learned from the mistakes of the past and Chamberlin about trying to negotiate and appease European dictatorships that have no intention of being partners.

The Labour Party of course remains true to its roots in appeasing and enabling the enemy. The would be Prime Minister is in fact, an advocate of taking it up the shoot ter and doing the bidding of enemies of the state.

Calm down Nigel.

It's a good escalation you have to admit! It's as close to Godwining the thread you'll get without actually mentioning the word!
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yes huge over reaction to this - it's not a very nice article but going so far over the top just makes some posters look desperate for something to take offence at.
    Good point, it's amazing what some people get offended at on here :wink:
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12988055&hilit=spider+dog

Aha, that's not offensive just horrible .
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • The constant suggestions that The Guardian should be given a pass because the mail and the sun are sometimes tossers too is very funny, it presupposes that The Sun The Mail and Guardian are all publications of an equal level. I'm sure the Guardian doesn't see itself as such and based on what I've seen here, neither do a significant proportion of its readers.

Here are the values that The Guardian strives to maintain.

honesty; cleanness (integrity); courage; fairness; and a sense of duty to the reader and the community.

you can read all about the values of the Guardian in an essay from the 1920's here https://www.theguardian.com/sustainabil ... nary-essay

Not being right doesn't make it vile though - especially when they've removed it and apologised. Sure it's offensive to Cameron himself and very misjudged but going over the top actually lessens the offense because, as someone else pointed out' it's equally using the tragic death of his child to score political points.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Its funny when Brexiteers accuse the EU of being a dictatorship at the same time they support Boris proroguing parliament and cutting out our primary, legislative, elected-body from the decision making process.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh wrote:
    Its funny when Brexiteers accuse the EU of being a dictatorship at the same time they support Boris proroguing parliament and cutting out our primary, legislative, elected-body from the decision making process.

Nothing screams "democracy" like sending a monocle wearing posh boy to see the queen in her castle and getting her to shut down the elected parliament.
  • What’s wrong with being posh?