Donald Trump

Comments

• Is there nothing the orange khunt can't touch without it turning into doggy caca?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... esignation
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Is there nothing the orange khunt can't touch without it turning into doggy caca?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... esignation

No.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • john bolton fired by tweet. couldn't have happened to a nicer fascist war mongering bell end.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... 06f4559021

and another of orange khunt's inner circle gone

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • john bolton fired by tweet. couldn't have happened to a nicer fascist war mongering bell end.

some good news.
  • Hi only job was to suck up to Dump and he couldn't even do that properly :lol:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Trouble is there's a queue of them willing to sell their souls to lick Rs for a few weeks :(
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Corporal Jones' evil doppelganger..
  • Timeline not clear. Bolton offered to resign last night but got told to think about it and come back in the morning. Then he got fired by Twitter in the morning.

Or

He just got fired in the morning.

Either way Bolton had views and opinions that clashed with Trump's for many years. Trump liked the guy so he managed to survive so long. The news show that said that also said trump is his own adviser. I think that ultimately explains a lot imho.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    i'd believe bolton's version over trump's

for all his failings i never thought of bolton as a petty liar, whereas trump is little else
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    i'd believe bolton's version over trump's

for all his failings i never thought of bolton as a petty liar, whereas trump is little else

I'd agree on that, Trump putting a spin on it to make him look in control.

But yes more than enough people ready to take up the role, it looks like it should just have a fixed 12 month term tied to it.

Apparently for not being facist or war mongering enough. He ticked the bell end box though so he has that going for him.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • I heard a BBC journo expert type say Bolton wad too much if a hawk for Trump and they mostly clashed on matters where Bolton wanted to push things further. How true that is I have no idea but interesting idea I think.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I heard a BBC journo expert type say Bolton wad too much if a hawk for Trump and they mostly clashed on matters where Bolton wanted to push things further. How true that is I have no idea but interesting idea I think.

I don't think Trump has any appetite for conflict. He's avoided it so far.
    He likes to do lots of posturing and bolstering.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    I heard a BBC journo expert type say Bolton wad too much if a hawk for Trump and they mostly clashed on matters where Bolton wanted to push things further. How true that is I have no idea but interesting idea I think.

I don't think Trump has any appetite for conflict. He's avoided it so far.
    He likes to do lots of posturing and bolstering.

As Pinno said - Trump campaigned on a policy of pulling American troops out of everywhere, Bolton wanted to bomb the shi'ite out of everything.

seems that bizarrely, for once, the orange man may have done some good. he's still a khunt though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

• seems that bizarrely, for once, the orange man may have done some good. he's still a khunt though.

He sacked Bolton for disagreeing with him whether bringing the Taliban to Camp David was a good idea. So he sacked him over the one and only time he might have been right.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,240
    It's a good thing for the world that Bolton no longer has power.

Trump can be a thick as sh!t c*nt and be occasionally right about things.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    It's a good thing for the world that Bolton no longer has power.

Trump can be a thick as sh!t c*nt and be occasionally right about things.
    Trump and Bolton are both wrong about most important international issues. In different - perhaps opposite - ways, they both have simplistic answers to complex problems.

Bolton is at least consistent, but not in a good way.
  • step83
    Have to agree, while Trump is an utter moron, he has done two things right, Sacked Bolton and reduced military presence abroad.

He is using the threat of attacks to threaten but prefers to do deals. A far safer less risky option as provoking the military powerhouse of the US isn't the smartest of moves usually. Hopefully with Bolton gone there may be some form of headway with a full US withdrawal in Afghanistan and some actual useful talks with NK.

• seems that bizarrely, for once, the orange man may have done some good. he's still a khunt though.

He sacked Bolton for disagreeing with him whether bringing the Taliban to Camp David was a good idea. So he sacked him over the one and only time he might have been right.

its a bigger picture than that. by sacking bolton he's defused a war mad draft dodging hawk who had the opportunity to drive us all into random wars.

the orange khunt bizarrely done good.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Alternatively maybe Bolton really did resign over the abuse of Camp David and rather than be humiliated, Trump claimed he sacked him.
  • Seems to me that Donald Trump was the only one of the western countries that assessed Iran's intentions correctly. He should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. :D
  • rolf_f
    Trump is only orange because of energy efficient lightbulbs apparently.
    “The lightbulb,” the president began. “People said: what’s with the lightbulb? I said: here’s the story. And I looked at it. The bulb that we’re being forced to use! No 1, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you! The light is the worst.”

But that was not the end of it. Trump complained that the energy-efficient bulb is many times more expensive than its incandescent predecessor and, he claimed, needs to be treated as “hazardous waste” if it breaks.

Not sure how that explains his carroty hue outside in daylight but never mind. Incandescents are back; "it's amazing".
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    Rolf F wrote:
    “The lightbulb,” the president began. “People said: what’s with the lightbulb? I said: here’s the story. And I looked at it. The bulb that we’re being forced to use! No 1, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you! The light is the worst.”

But that was not the end of it. Trump complained that the energy-efficient bulb is many times more expensive than its incandescent predecessor and, he claimed, needs to be treated as “hazardous waste” if it breaks.

Not sure how that explains his carroty hue outside in daylight but never mind. Incandescents are back; "it's amazing".

So the White House uses outdated CFL fittings is it still 2003 over there? Surely someone of his means can at least get some decent LEDs.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Rolf F wrote:

Weird how it doesn't affect the bit just around his eyes.
  • step83
    Rolf F wrote:

Weird how it doesn't affect the bit just around his eyes.

Almost like the "sun" missed a bit...
  • Ffs, has he still not been driven past a grassy knoll and book suppository yet?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    book suppository
    Ouch.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rolf_f
    rjsterry wrote:
    book suppository
    Ouch.

Or double ouch. Never mind the Encyclopaedia Britannica.........
  • Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    book suppository
    Ouch.

Or double ouch. Never mind the Encyclopaedia Britannica.........
    or the complete works of hugh hefner...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,594
    Donald is visiting the latest section of his wall today and has revealed that the concrete goes down 6 feet.
    So Mexicans know if they tunnel to a depth of 6 feet then they can get past his impenetrable wall.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.