Alternatives to British Cycling training plans

danielsbrewer
danielsbrewer Posts: 123
edited September 2019 in Training, fitness and health
I'm pretty peeved that British cycling have removed all their training plans and indoor training sessions from their website and try to force you to buy them from training peaks (£30 a go).

Does anyone have any backup PDFs of these (particularly the indoor sessions) or can suggest good free or cheap alternatives?

Comments

• timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    There's loads of training videos on youtube, eg GCN

I use Xert, although I don't do any training beyond silly commuting racing or the club run, it does have a lot of training plans built in though.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Oh, and Golden Cheetah is the free training tool par excellence... worth a look.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    That is a bit crap, I used to have a look at them, but never embarked on one.

I now use Trainerroad, but had a fair bit of success with the time crunched cycling book.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Try the Wayback Machine - there are still quite a few Plans available through this :wink:

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• That's a good idea. I'll try that.
  • Thanks for the other suggestions too
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    PhotoNic69 wrote:
    Try the Wayback Machine - there are still quite a few Plans available through this :wink:

Sneaky!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I'm not sure what the BC plans were like... However, we have a slightly less expensive offering if that helps? We're providing (online) group coaching which comes with a training plan. It'll provide both a social help from other riders, as well as help from the coach (me). I'll be there to answer questions from what additional training you could do (or how to make it easier) as well as anything training related (which tests should i do before hand, nutrition queries, should i do some strength work, etc). It's £25/4 week for the first 50 people with more details here https://mailchi.mp/2a7834202837/a-new-p ... cyclecoach

cheers
    Coach to Michael Freiberg - Track World Champion (Omnium) 2011
    Coach to James Hayden - Transcontinental Race winner 2017, and 2018
    Coach to Jeff Jones - 2011 BBAR winner and 12-hour record
    Check out our new website https://www.cyclecoach.com
  • Did anyone ever manage to find a BC plan via the way back machine? (Yes I know it's a very old thread)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    There’s a couple of free plans currently on the BC site.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • mr.b-campag
    mr.b-campag Posts: 384
    edited November 2020
    Ah ok thanks for the heads up sm.