Vile left wing envy and hatred

Comments

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Looool seems like there's a few Guardian readers here after all. Calm down chaps, try not to get all red faced and sweaty.

Life is too short. 8)

What is wrong with reading the Guardian?
  • Robert88 wrote:
    Looool seems like there's a few Guardian readers here after all. Calm down chaps, try not to get all red faced and sweaty.

Life is too short. 8)

Blimey - nothing if that's your thing . Calm down everyone. :roll:
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I do read the Guardian online, I also read the Times on my Kindle and also BBC news online. I try to get a number of different views so I can make up my own mind.

Btw, isn't the Mail the most "popular" online newspaper in the world (due to it's sidebar of shame)?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,509
    Probably time for this.
    Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Robert88 wrote:

Life is too short. 8)

Blimey - nothing if that's your thing . Calm down everyone. :roll:
    I think you'll find it was the OP who got their knickers in a twist over the Guardian, not anyone else.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    Probably time for this.
    Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Probably time for this.

Excellent. Based on that, there is one route for the Guardian to get readership figures more like the Sun but I can't see them liking it much :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Probably time for this.

Excellent. Based on that, there is one route for the Guardian to get readership figures more like the Sun but I can't see them liking it much :)

History has rendered the joke obsolete. The Sun no longer has pictures for its 'readers'.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • I spent the afternoon in the pub. I got the impression that the OP had a chip on their shoulder about "the left".

Ironically, they wanted to prove how hateful "the left" were but proved how caring and compassionate they were by being apologetic and caring.
  • Phil Wang, Tony Hawks, Paul Merton, Sheila Hancock and Nicholas Parsons. Just listening to Just a Minute.

God bless Nicholas
  • I spent the afternoon in the pub. I got the impression that the OP had a chip on their shoulder about "the left".

Ironically, they wanted to prove how hateful "the left" were but proved how caring and compassionate they were by being apologetic and caring.

An afternoon well spent i think lololol

Indeed. I make more sense than Boris running away from responsibilty. At least I had a half-arsed excuse.

Even if I'm half cut it's all beyond all imagine. The PM of the UK cowering and running away from all responsibility. What a coward. What an absolute coward.
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Probably time for this.

History has rendered the joke obsolete. The Sun no longer has pictures for its 'readers'.
    Exactly, it would be a competitive advantage for the Guardian. And probably more effective than writing more of what they usually write.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Guardian gets a free pass on here because it's 'the right sort' of bile and hatred.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just more evidence of what most of us already know about the Guardian.

Make up your mind please! :wink:
    Don't need to - both comments stand on their own. What is contradictory above?
  • rjsterry
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Probably time for this.

Exactly, it would be a competitive advantage for the Guardian. And probably more effective than writing more of what they usually write.

If you say so. Doesn't seem to have done the Sun any harm financially. The Telegraph is dying while the Graun seems to have found a workable business model.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Stevo_666
    I spent the afternoon in the pub. I got the impression that the OP had a chip on their shoulder about "the left".

Indeed. I make more sense than Boris running away from responsibilty. At least I had a half-arsed excuse.

Even if I'm half cut it's all beyond all imagine. The PM of the UK cowering and running away from all responsibility. What a coward. What an absolute coward.
    A bit like refusing the offer of a general election I suppose. 'Come and have a go if you think you're popular enough' :)
  • At least cornyn doesnt run from the enemy, quite the opposite, he supports them
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Yes, yes, yes. But surely the interesting question is "who wrote the original editorial"? Do we assume Owen Jones? The paper's been pretty clear that the original version didn't represent its views (i.e. the view of the editor or the editorial board) but presumably it did represent the view of the actual author.
  • While the guardian made a big error publishing that worse is said in the press all the time. Just read the readers comments on the mail website. The mail is positively liberal next to some of its readers.

The article was written in 2009 is that right. Was owen Jones old enough?. He has some very leftie views that dont stack up. I avoid reading he articles so I dont end up feeling annoyed that I read them.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    964Cup wrote:
    Yes, yes, yes. But surely the interesting question is "who wrote the original editorial"? Do we assume Owen Jones? The paper's been pretty clear that the original version didn't represent its views (i.e. the view of the editor or the editorial board) but presumably it did represent the view of the actual author.

Rather than who wrote it, who signed off on the article and approved it for publication? Was it a single individual or a team of people. No doubt someone will be having to explain in granular detail to sequence of events which led to the offensive views being published.

Never be surprised what people say or do. That includes the press, left or right, they all seem to be losing themselves in their own small world of singular views.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    The outrage expressed over this ancient article should not be allowed to cover up the fact that the UK is bitterly divided.

This division could justifiably be blamed on the government of the UK, its policies promoting austerity and the way in which the hardest hit were 'the masses' at the lower end of the wealth spectrum.

The discontent was a gift for those campaigning for Brexit.
  • Yes huge over reaction to this - it's not a very nice article but going so far over the top just makes some posters look desperate for something to take offence at.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • rjsterry
    Yes huge over reaction to this - it's not a very nice article but going so far over the top just makes some posters look desperate for something to take offence at.

Which is ironic given the usual accusations of snowflakery and confected outrage.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• So we're 5 pages in...

Was it really worth it?
  • Stevo_666
    Yes huge over reaction to this - it's not a very nice article but going so far over the top just makes some posters look desperate for something to take offence at.
    Good point, it's amazing what some people get offended at on here :wink:
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12988055&hilit=spider+dog
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

The only decent thing would be for the author to commit ritual Seppuku and for the Guardian to close down. I mean, that is the least that the good, honest, Daily Mail reader would expect. Anything less just isn't good enough.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:

The only decent thing would be for the author to commit ritual Seppuku and for the Guardian to close down. I mean, that is the least that the good, honest, Daily Mail reader would expect. Anything less just isn't good enough.

hardly going over the top to be disgusted by the vile class driven outpourings. I'm not going to commit Seppuku because its far funnier watching people excuse the article and even promote The Guardian as a bastion of good taste because it made an apology.

Secondly watching the arguments in The Supreme Court is far too much fun.
  • rjsterry
    You're not really disgusted, are you.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    To be fair, the Guardian does contain a fair bit of drivel, even if I'm sympathetic to that drivel
  • rjsterry wrote:
    You're not really disgusted, are you.

I was at the time. Now I'm more entertained watching supposedly bright people finding ways to defend The Guardians actions.