KW CX 22nd Sept

asprilla
asprilla Posts: 8,440
edited September 2019 in Commuting chat
So, TGOTB has just mentioned that KW's CX race at Bedfont Lakes is on 22nd Sept this year.

Are last years SCR competitors up for it again, and will we have any new (muddy) faces joining us?
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    22nd Sept. I'm pretty unfit at the moment, so would likely be even more towards the back than I was last year...

I'll check whether I'm free though.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    I’m fitter than last year but you’re still faster than me. Unfortunately on family duties that day, either taking the boy back to uni or out celebrating his 21st.
    Mind you after last year’s performance it may be a lucky escape for me.
  • Damn, I need to be in Cornwall that weekend - if I had been around that is something I’d have been up for
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I'm hoping to be there. I've got ok fitness atm, but have a 40th birthday party the night before...

For those who've never done this before, it's a cracking course and TGOTB and two other KWers organise a superb event. If you had a CX bike or MTB, and have never tried CX before, this would be a very good introduction to the gallows humour of the whole thing.

Had a great tussle with MattJ the whole way round last year's race, until the sod got past me on the last corner and outsprinted me to the line :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Online entries close tomorrow (Tuesday) evening; enter online here.

We can take unlimited entries on the day, but it'll cost extra and you won't get gridded (*all* pre-entries are gridded, even those who don't normally race in the Central League). For those without licences, you can get a day licence at sign-on (I think for 3 quid).
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • seder
    seder Posts: 3
    Hi team, is the opening happening anytime soon again? Any chances?

Regards,
    Sloth Smith