Calibre Line 29 review?

johnnybrando
johnnybrando Posts: 3
edited September 2019 in MTB buying advice
Hi, first post so hopefully I'm in the right place....

I'm interested in buying the Calibre line 29 hardtail. It looks a brand new model, their top of the line hardtail. Their two cubed and line 10 get rave reviews so I am wondering whether there is a better bike than this for the money. I'll be doing a short commute to work, and trail riding at first, nothing too wild, but would hope to have some fun in future.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15910272/c ... e-15910272

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    That does look like a pretty stunning deal. Calibres always get good reviews because they're well specced and the frames are good. This one looks like it will be the same.
  • It's a bit of a lump at 15kg considering the price the spec is not amazing compared to something like a bizango.. Looks nice though...
  • mattyfez wrote:
    It's a bit of a lump at 15kg considering the price the spec is not amazing compared to something like a bizango.. Looks nice though...

Is it? What is so bad about the spec? I'm no expert but from what I have read the calibre's are pretty great specs :?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Its about 2.5Kg heavier than the Bizango although the dropper post will account for about 0.5Kg of that.

In addition the build is a bit 'burlier' than the Bizango in terms of brakes, tyres etc.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.