Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    When driving, if someone is fuming with road rage directed at you and they are doing things like flashing their lights, screwing up their face with aggression and sticking up the finger etc, then reacting by giving them a really cheerful super camp friendly wave and a big smile in return is just brilliant.
  • mfin wrote:
    When driving, if someone is fuming with road rage directed at you and they are doing things like flashing their lights, screwing up their face with aggression and sticking up the finger etc, then reacting by giving them a really cheerful super camp friendly wave and a big smile in return is just brilliant.

we tend to give them a big thumbs up and a huge smile. works perfectly every time.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pat Cummins' first over today. Sheer genius.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    mfin wrote:

we tend to give them a big thumbs up and a huge smile. works perfectly every time.
    Blow kisses.
    Last gammon looked like his rage would last all week. :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Guitars. I haven't even bought one yet. Just looking at which one and youtube reviews has me buzzing.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    PBlakeney wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Blow kisses.
    I just failed at that, narrow road with traffic 'calming' that brings out the worst in people near here. Pushy bloke in a black Range Rover insisted on remaining attached to the bumper of the car in front even though she could barely get through the gap. Rather than wait at the wider gap Mr Toad kept going, as he crawled by my window with his also open I couldn't resist saying "patience is a virtue.....ya prick" I drove off at this point as others had the decency to wait, I could hear him erupting with rage as I left. :lol:
  • the cricket. smash. boom. wham kazaaaam. decimated. destroyed. hyperbole.

the far, far, far, better side won.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Blow kisses.
    I just failed at that, narrow road with traffic 'calming' that brings out the worst in people near here. Pushy bloke in a black Range Rover insisted on remaining attached to the bumper of the car in front even though she could barely get through the gap. Rather than wait at the wider gap Mr Toad kept going, as he crawled by my window with his also open I couldn't resist saying "patience is a virtue.....ya prick" I drove off at this point as others had the decency to wait, I could hear him erupting with rage as I left. :lol:

When I get my autonomous vehicle I do hope it has a road-rage mode.

MF please explain the Cricket, why does it matter? As I understand it they are only tests, when are they going to do it for real?
  • MF please explain the Cricket, why does it matter? As I understand it they are only tests, when are they going to do it for real?[/quote]

i like this. lots.

het.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Robert88 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Blow kisses.

MF please explain the Cricket, why does it matter? As I understand it they are only tests, when are they going to do it for real?

He doesn't know anything about it. Just jumps on any passing bandwagon if England should lose at something.
  • Robert88 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Blow kisses.

He doesn't know anything about it. Just jumps on any passing bandwagon if England should lose at something.

Defining yourself by hatred of another is not at all healthy and more than a little sad. This is multiplied tenfold when the hatred is not reciprocated
  • Indeed, it is truly sad he hates the English.
  • Guitars. I haven't even bought one yet. Just looking at which one and youtube reviews has me buzzing.
    Electric I hope.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Guitars. I haven't even bought one yet. Just looking at which one and youtube reviews has me buzzing.
    Electric I hope.

If it gives you a real 'buzz', i'd have a look at the wiring.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Robert88 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Blow kisses.

is it worth pointing out its the England & WALES cricket board then, Glamorgan,Cardiff etc etc ;)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    awavey wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Blow kisses.

is it worth pointing out its the England & WALES cricket board then, Glamorgan,Cardiff etc etc ;)
    :lol:

I laughed so much I dropped my sandpaper.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Blow kisses.

:lol:

I laughed so much I dropped my sandpaper.

Point in case.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Guitars. I haven't even bought one yet. Just looking at which one and youtube reviews has me buzzing.
    Go vintage. Saves time in the long run.......
    Faster than a tent.......
    Electric I hope.

Aye. Haven't looked at vintage yet but current thoughts are:

Fender Player HSS in some sort of sunburst of tobacco etc.

Boss Katana 50.

This colour

s-l1600.jpg
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • This colour, shirley
    VH2_Ed_1.jpg

Back on topic with cheery goodness.
    Today is my last day at work (I've actually got a holiday booked in for today), retiring at the grand old age of 55.
    [putsfeetup/]
    Electric I hope.

Boss Katana 50.

This colour

s-l1600.jpg

I have something similar but modded it with two split-coil humbuckers, two vol pots and one tone pot. can't f'in help myself. just need to learn to play it.
  • cowsham
    cowsham Posts: 1,399
    Andy9964 wrote:
    This colour, shirley
    VH2_Ed_1.jpg

Today is my last day at work (I've actually got a holiday booked in for today), retiring at the grand old age of 55.
    [putsfeetup/]

Barsteward !
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Cowsham wrote:
    Andy9964 wrote:
    This colour, shirley
    VH2_Ed_1.jpg

[putsfeetup/]

Barsteward !
    It might cheer you up to think he'll probably end up doing jobs for his wife for no pay :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Jack Bauer's seat to bar drop in tour of britain today. top effort that there be, see.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Electric I hope.

Boss Katana 50.

This colour

s-l1600.jpg

It won't be much good compared to something well chosen second hand for similar money, if it inspires you to get playing though do it! The first guitar you buy will only end up being one of many :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Don't know if this should go in the irony thread but it cheered me up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... oting.html
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    It might cheer you up to think he'll probably end up doing jobs for his wife for no pay :)
    You could have given me a couple of days grace, before the reality check :(
  • This is sheer joyous genius today. Utterly brilliant.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... -v-shearer

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • this.

the best political election advert ever.

https://www.frontpagelive.com/2019/09/1 ... lvBeQNcIiA

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Being passed by a vehicle with the name John Lydon on it. Nah, not that one, was the van of a painter decorator. At least, I think so...