Is this bike any good

gazgareth
gazgareth Posts: 7
edited September 2019 in Road buying advice
Looking to get a 2nd hand tt bike around this price point. Would I be able to add di2 to this do you think?

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... ECM&adurl=

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    er...
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    If you read the sellers description fully, you'll find your answer.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • imposter2.0
    philthy3 wrote:

Are you seeing something that I'm not? Can't see a link, a pic, or anything...
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Yep - just read the seller's full description - obvs copied from the BMC website

"Frame:

P2pxSubA full carbon construction – Frameset weight: 2435g including frame, fork, headset, seatpost, brakes and stem – DTi cable routing, compatible with mechanical and electronic groupsets – Integrated rear brake – Internal Di2 battery
    "
  • I wasn't sure if it actually has di2, or do I have to change and buy a new groupset.
  • gazgareth wrote:
    I wasn't sure if it actually has di2, or do I have to change and buy a new groupset.

The first picture of the whole bike looks to me to have mechanical shifters on the aerobars, so no, not Di2. You would therefore need to buy those components needed to switch to electronic shifting (ie front mech, rear mech and shifters)
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    If it fits you then great. I'm not sure DI2 would be worth the expense if the gears are working ?
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Imposter wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

Yes! - you need to turn you AdBlocker off to see the Googlead link.

Don't forget to turn it back on pronto though

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• imposter2.0
    PhotoNic69 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

Yes! - you need to turn you AdBlocker off to see the Googlead link.

Don't forget to turn it back on pronto though

Ah, that'll be it.. ;)
  • Fenix wrote:
    If it fits you then great. I'm not sure DI2 would be worth the expense if the gears are working ?

I've never had di2 so was interested in having it on this bike. Not sure how expensive it would be to swap whatever is on this one to di2 though
  • imposter2.0
    gazgareth wrote:
    Fenix wrote:

I've never had di2 so was interested in having it on this bike. Not sure how expensive it would be to swap whatever is on this one to di2 though

Realistically, I don't see any particular benefit to having electronic shifting on a TT bike. Having it/not having it will not make you faster/slower, IMO..
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Imposter wrote:
    gazgareth wrote:
    Fenix wrote:

Realistically, I don't see any particular benefit to having electronic shifting on a TT bike. Having it/not having it will not make you faster/slower, IMO..
    Satellite buttons mean you can change gears easily from both aero bars and from bar end hand placements.
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Imposter wrote:
    gazgareth wrote:
    Fenix wrote:

Probably the best place for it given the ability to change gear from the aero tuck or on the bar ends.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.