Donald Trump

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    If he really didn't want to make money from hosting G7 he'd public suggest donating it to some worth charity - I dunno one like RAICES ?? ;)
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    Slowbike wrote:
    If he really didn't want to make money from hosting G7 he'd public suggest donating it to some worth charity - I dunno one like RAICES ?? ;)

Or maybe host it somewhere more suitable that he doesn't personally own. Bit of a wild, out there suggestion, I know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Not sure when the next G7 meeting is, but it would be ironic is it was hit by a hurricane (if hosted in Florida). He would try an use it as a reason they should nuke hurricanes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Slowbike wrote:

Or maybe host it somewhere more suitable that he doesn't personally own. Bit of a wild, out there suggestion, I know.

thats a mad, bad suggestion that is. Crazy talk.

#cray-cray
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Step83 wrote:
    What about the millions living on the floridean coastline that could be seriously affected? Worth a trashing of his resort there?

More seriously it's now a category 5 with 190mph winds at its eyewall. It's the 2nd largest / most powerful since they recorded such information. It's also unusual in that nothing it has hit so far caused the power of the storm to reduce. Most hurricanes lose strength and never get it back but this one has maintained its strength. The researchers will be studying the measurements of this one for quite some time I reckon.

Sorry for the off topic bit. I get the point about the resort being trashed probably affects trump which is good. It'll stop any use as g7 venue too hopefully.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Step83 wrote:
    What about the millions living on the floridean coastline that could be seriously affected? Worth a trashing of his resort there?

More seriously it's now a category 5 with 190mph winds at its eyewall. It's the 2nd largest / most powerful since they recorded such information. It's also unusual in that nothing it has hit so far caused the power of the storm to reduce. Most hurricanes lose strength and never get it back but this one has maintained its strength. The researchers will be studying the measurements of this one for quite some time I reckon.

Sorry for the off topic bit. I get the point about the resort being trashed probably affects trump which is good. It'll stop any use as g7 venue too hopefully.

I wouldn't get too cheered up by the thought of Mar a Lago being trashed. It will just result in a lot of relief funding being diverted to urgently repair Mar a Lago rather than homes etc. Once upon a time, this comment would have been a joke. Now, sadly, it is what will probably happen.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

At the time I put that it was still a cat2 I think? But yes not good at all considering its basically now straddling Florida then carrying on up the coast to North/South Carolina and Alabama.

It is very unusual, you would ave expected it to do the usual and drop in power but when I last looked the eye was over the Bahamas an it still had all it energy.
    You would hope people have heeded the warnings but only time will tell.

Rolf your right, likely see some magical aid funding come out of somewhere *cough DoD* an not a cent from the wall fund. I would imagine he will take it as an excuse to refurb both resorts?
  • Step83 wrote:

Different resort. G7 was Doral.

Anyway, I don't think anyone's hopes affect the path of hurricanes, so rest easy.
  • Step83 wrote:

Different resort. G7 was Doral.

Anyway, I don't think anyone's hopes affect the path of hurricanes, so rest easy.
    Doesn't matter much when they're both on the florida coastline (or just inland a bit} with a cat 5 hurricane approaching as bad as Dorian. They're 77 miles apart. Even with the surrounding winds capable of a lot of damage I doubt if one gets trashed the other will not be damaged. It's a big old hurricane is Dorian.

Isn't it funny how jokes about POTUS corruption is so close to the truth at times. Trump's presidency is a whole new era in politics. I think it's spreading too. Jair Bolsanaro, Boris Johnson and boo doubt there will be others.
  • Just finished reading the Muller report. Anyone who claims it says there was no obstruction hasn't read it.

Also, I heard someone say that when Trump stands, he looks like a centaur who has lost his hind legs.

EDLi4OSUEAAJVKJ.jpg
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Just finished reading the Muller report. Anyone who claims it says there was no obstruction hasn't read it.

Also, I heard someone say that when Trump stands, he looks like a centaur who has lost his hind legs.

EDLi4OSUEAAJVKJ.jpg

How odd. They all seem weirdly incompetent at standing.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Just finished reading the Muller report. Anyone who claims it says there was no obstruction hasn't read it.

EDLi4OSUEAAJVKJ.jpg

The only guy I've ever known with a legitimate reason for standing like that had a decent excuse - was injured in a night jump on salisbury plain - compressed three vertebrae.
  • Rolf F wrote:

EDLi4OSUEAAJVKJ.jpg

this exactly. it looks like they have been playing Human Centipede.

#frickin'weirdoorangeidiotimbredcockwombles
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Rolf F wrote:

EDLi4OSUEAAJVKJ.jpg

this exactly. it looks like they have been playing Human Centipede.

#frickin'weirdoorangeidiotimbredcockwombles
    Bu but but.. bonespurs...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Do, do, do the funky chicken.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

EDLi4OSUEAAJVKJ.jpg
    The males in this picture appear to be wearing padded bras.
  • step83
    Fear not, POTUS is also now a pro weather forecaster, editing official weather reports (which amusingly is against the law in the US) with a felt tip claiming Alabama was due to be hit by the Hurricane, this after NOAA said it wasn't then had to reaffirm this.
    He then accused an ABC reporter of issuing fake news after they corrected him.

_108619343_hi056250355.jpg
  • New picture of Trump released.

EDsu7hbXYAAnjI0?format=jpg&name=small
  • step83
    Ah his "actual" hand length, quite amusing watching the news showing the storm travelling up the US East Coast (obviously not amusing for those living there). This after he claimed Alabama was going to get hit.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Step83 wrote:
    Fear not, POTUS is also now a pro weather forecaster, editing official weather reports (which amusingly is against the law in the US) with a felt tip claiming Alabama was due to be hit by the Hurricane, this after NOAA said it wasn't then had to reaffirm this.
    He then accused an ABC reporter of issuing fake news after they corrected him.

_108619343_hi056250355.jpg

Contrary to the pundits who thinks Trump is going nuts, I think his apparent 'mistake' is very deliberate. It's quite conceivable that the state could be hit by a hurricane, just not this one, as Trump knew.

However, Alabama is a crucial 'swing state' and Trump wants it to know that it does get hit and he is president then Alabama had better have voted for his party if it knows what is good for it.

Politicising weather, see. Hurricanes can be very useful to power-crazed psychopaths. Puerto Rico served as a good example of a place Trump dislikes.

Alabama, if you don't want to be like Puerto Rico one day then vote for Trump.
  • I really do think that you have completely lost it.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    Alabama already knows how the Government treats them regarding storms following Katrina.
    Hoping they have as short a memory as he has?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Lagrange wrote:
    I really do think that you have completely lost it.
    When you say 'you', is that anyone in particular or do you mean 'you lot'?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Lagrange wrote:
    I really do think that you have completely lost it.
    When you say 'you', is that anyone in particular or do you mean 'you lot'?

I really must watch House of Cards again. The British version is still very good.
  • R4 had a documentary piece on trump. A professor and communication expert who has been researching trump's speeches for some time now. She claimed there's a few patterns to his communication that was more sophisticated than people suspect. Went on to explain it but I'd arrived in the car and had things to do so missed it. R4 noted strong Saturday if you can be bothered listening to a BBC radio show about Trump.