La Vuelta 2019, Stage 13: Bilbao > Los Machucos. Monumento Vaca Pasiega 06/09/2019 - 166.4km *Spo

2»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    85 Grand Tour stages since Ineos last won one.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    RichN95 wrote:
    As the break reached the foot of the final climb, I thought "Time for Poels to break that run", just seconds later he slipped out the back of the break.

They'd better take a strong team to the Giro next year.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    20 year old neo-pro is currently the strongest rider in the race.
    Tourism in Slovenia is about to experience an upturn.

The fat lady decided to sing a week early. It's just a question of who joins Roglic on a distant podium.

Now that was a brutal stage. Do you think he’s dodgy?

Bruyneel mentioned him in the move podcast a week ago and in the review of stage 12 tipped him for a podium spot behind roglic. The kid has been known in Slovakia and was spotted by someone from UAE. Dream scenario for both of them if they work it right. Aru must be cursing his bad luck/form.
  • RichN95.
    andyp wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    As the break reached the foot of the final climb, I thought "Time for Poels to break that run", just seconds later he slipped out the back of the break.

I sort of want to see them get to a century (stage 7 of the Giro)
  • RichN95.
    amrushton wrote:
    The kid has been known in Slovakia
    EohXMu9.png

Of course he may have been known in Slovakia too
  • amrushton wrote:
    20 year old neo-pro is currently the strongest rider in the race.
    Tourism in Slovenia is about to experience an upturn.

The fat lady decided to sing a week early. It's just a question of who joins Roglic on a distant podium.

Now that was a brutal stage. Do you think he’s dodgy?

Bruyneel mentioned him in the move podcast a week ago and in the review of stage 12 tipped him for a podium spot behind roglic. The kid has been known in Slovakia and was spotted by someone from UAE. Dream scenario for both of them if they work it right. Aru must be cursing his bad luck/form.

Cheers
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    RichN95 wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

But...I reckon many a team owner would be happy to have such a run if they had gained an overall TdF victory along the way!
    Half man, Half bike
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    RichN95 wrote:
    amrushton wrote:
    The kid has been known in Slovakia
    EohXMu9.png

Of course he may have been known in Slovakia too

He may well be but thank you for the correction and updating my/our geography of central europe/balkans
  • Ridgerider wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

But...I reckon many a team owner would be happy to have such a run if they had gained an overall TdF victory along the way!

Yer probably, but folks are missing Rich's point.
    Hardly how one would describe as dominant, is it?

Meanwhile, Quick Step have amassed 134 wins since the beginning of last season and yet seem to be teflon, when it comes to attaching the same label.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • From an Ineos point of view I suppose at least this race has put any GC ambitions Poels or TGH may have had on the backburner.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • watching the highlights, Roglic really reminds me of Cadel Evans: similar riding style, similar looking (with sunnies on anyway), same mouth slightly agape. He might even tilt his head to one side a bit like Cuddles did.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Somewhat more chilled in the interviews tho