Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Cowsham wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:
    Putting petrol in the car and stopping the pump dead on £30 so I only have to tap the card to pay.

That is hugely satisfying. Good work! The only issue is that I have an 80l so it's not a game I can play without it being really awkward :lol:

Is your old Audi unable to hold £30 of fuel or can't you get to the other side of the pumps?

No idea what the OH's audi takes, the Glamarok is fairly uneconomical and I often do 300 miles in a day, no chance I'd get that out of £30 like yours :oops:
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Rolf F wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:
    Putting petrol in the car and stopping the pump dead on £30 so I only have to tap the card to pay.
    So you save 15 seconds... and have to visit the filling station twice as often?

You save quite a lot of money and the odd planet though not running a full tank in terms of economy.

Which you then spend on a trip back to the petrol station .... usually a bit further away as it saves you 1ppl....
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Cowsham wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:
    So you save 15 seconds... and have to visit the filling station twice as often?

The car does well over 300 miles on £30 Hence trivial.

Nice ! What car is that please ?
  • cowsham
    cowsham Posts: 1,399
    Many family cars do over 60 miles to the gallon go and buy one.
  • haydenm
    Cowsham wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:

That is hugely satisfying. Good work! The only issue is that I have an 80l so it's not a game I can play without it being really awkward :lol:

Is your old Audi unable to hold £30 of fuel or can't you get to the other side of the pumps?

I've read this again and I'm still not really sure I understand either bit actually
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Cowsham wrote:
    Many family cars do over 60 miles to the gallon go and buy one.
    Diesel?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    HaydenM wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:

I've read this again and I'm still not really sure I understand either bit actually

I don't either.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Cowsham wrote:

I don't either.

Yep, it's bollox.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    I fot a Glamarok is one of dem ponced up sparkly bits Chelsee tractor fings like wot wannabe proper Mitsu L200s innit.
  • pinno
    bompington wrote:
    why-the-fuck-040ah3.jpg

'Cos we're fick innit.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    bompington wrote:

Pinno does have a penchant for old German clunkers.
    May be his next project.
  • pinno
    Yes but not in that colour.
  • cowsham
    Discovering Jane Morgan.
  • haydenm
    orraloon wrote:
    I fot a Glamarok is one of dem ponced up sparkly bits Chelsee tractor fings like wot wannabe proper Mitsu L200s innit.

Then my car would either be the same as, or worse than all the people who are supposed to think I'm important. Can't be having that can we! :lol:
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    3 times on my ride in this morning I got overtaken/pulled out on by a MGIF motorist, all 3 times within 10-15 seconds I was back ahead of them as they all failed to take account of the next obstacle and left a gap, it was childish I know but it made me smile
  • cowsham
    awavey wrote:
    3 times on my ride in this morning I got overtaken/pulled out on by a MGIF motorist, all 3 times within 10-15 seconds I was back ahead of them as they all failed to take account of the next obstacle and left a gap, it was childish I know but it made me smile

If it was me in the car I would just stay politely behind you -- for about 5 miles.
  • pinno
    Cowsham wrote:
    awavey wrote:

If it was me in the car I would just stay politely behind you -- for about 5 miles.

Perving?
  • pinno
    Back OT: This years Vuelta. It's been magic so far.
  • awavey
    Cowsham wrote:
    awavey wrote:

(checks I havent ended up in the bottom bracket by mistake)...this does not cheer me up :roll:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    awavey, watch today's stage of La Vuelta, well the last 8km, and that will cheer you up.
  • awavey
    orraloon wrote:
    awavey, watch today's stage of La Vuelta, well the last 8km, and that will cheer you up.

that was quite alot of uphill there :) blimey when even the km boards to go are telling you the percentage is 13% uphill, that just seems cruel :lol:

plus Boels Ladies Tour stage 3 https://youtu.be/yAOBgSbus1k Lizzie D in the final break, sprinting ended up 3rd,but building for the worlds ?
  • pinno
    awavey wrote:
    ...(checks I havent ended up in the bottom bracket by mistake)...this does not cheer me up :roll:

God forbid!
    We're okay you know, more tolerant and accepting than you would presume. There's all sorts in there from all walks of life and some of them dress funny* and bat for who ever.

*If you know what I mean.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Pinno wrote:

It has, a better spectacle than the TdF IMO.
  • England 37 Italy 0. Yep, the mighty Italians didn't score a single point :lol:
  • pinno
    Robert88 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

1st Giro*, then Vuelta, then TdF. It's always been that way. Too much show and not enough emphasis on racing in the TdF. They need to take a leaf out of the other tour organisers.

*Except for this year's Giro.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    Pinno wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

1st Giro*, then Vuelta, then TdF. It's always been that way. Too much show and not enough emphasis on racing in the TdF. They need to take a leaf out of the other tour organisers.

*Except for this year's Giro.
    They did for this years. IMO.
    Wonderful year for the armchair fan. Cheers me up.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    England 37 Italy 0. Yep, the mighty Italians didn't score a single point :lol:

Although to be fair it was a second string Italian line up, but yeah they were utterly hopeless
  • Ireland 19 Wales 10 :lol::lol::lol:
  • Bad day for the England haters, even winning in the wendyball. Currently 4-0 up v Bulgaria.