Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Meanwhile, from my commute...
    29887563216_133c6ce634_b.jpg

this, exactly 100%

all this London stuff sounds like utter bollorcks. and only seeing your child once a day - whats that all about?

#priorities

All the cowshyte, yokelry, curtain twitching and incest gets on my nerves after a while. As does the monotony and monoculture. :wink:

Good job we all like different things, or London [insert city of your choice] would be even fuller or the countryside wouldn't be the countryside.

I see my kid before work and after work, take her to school and pick her up from school twice a week.

I have a 35 to 40 minute ride to work.

That sounds top. Richard's sounds awful. You seem to have it sorted.

Why doesn't this surprise us?

#H3hasitsorted
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • My life is better than yours, nah nah.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

#H3hasitsorted

H3 moved to London 20 years ago more like, and won't work for a company that doesn't allow some flex around family commitments.

Lost one child, dont want to miss too much time with this one and my stepson.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Three days a week I have the stress of deciding after the commute down the stairs whether I make a start on work first and have breakfast later or eat whilst watching a bit of BBC Breakfast before making a start. It's a big decision as it affects which door I go through to my office.
  • hopkinb wrote:

Chapeau

I am mentally mapping Bank station - their signing is insane

2 things about bank station:

1. The little known stairs if you go past the lifts near the steps down to Northern line northbound platform, which take you straight up to the Northern gate line.
    2. The new (ish) Walbrook entrance/exit. Big & crowd free - ideal for access to the W&C, Northern, D&C and DLR, can also get to central, but more of a faff.

If it is good for Northern then it is good for Central. If you come up the DLR escalators and turn right for Northern once through the wall turn left and in 2 mins you are at the Central Line.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:
    All the cowshyte, yokelry, curtain twitching and incest gets on my nerves after a while. As does the monotony and monoculture. :wink:

Good job there was a wink in that post Hoppy. I was about to piddle on yer chips.

Pity we haven't got a thread alert thread to tell us where the handbags are being swung around in the forum...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Pinno wrote:
    Pity we haven't got a thread alert thread to tell us where the handbags are being swung around in the forum...
    Yebbut. Josh is no longer OTP, is he? Ah go on, go on, go on, go on...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    hopkinb wrote:
    The incest is not compulsory, but if your family is into that sort of thing...
    Best you stop if it gets on your nerve and it's not for me though. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    PBlakeney wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Incest.. it’s a pain in the arse with 7 brothers!

I’ll get my coat.
  • pinno
    Sandyballs wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Incest.. it’s a pain in the ars* with 7 brothers!

I’ll get my coat.

:D
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Almost all adverts - not whether they work or influence people's behaviour or not (spoiler - they do!) but just how terribly bad they are!

I should caveat this by saying I rarely watch TV so most adverts arrive at my via the radio and in particular Talksport/talkradio. The standard is so so bad that it is more likely to make me avoid their products than use them. Having said that, i maynot be their target audience - 90% are for builders' stockists or gambling, neither of which i have ever needed/used.There is a just eat one that almost makes me want to turn the radio off.

Are they intentionally bad to make you remember them? remember it was for just eat, for example, but it was more likely to make me want to vomit than to eat anything!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Almost all adverts - not whether they work or influence people's behaviour or not (spoiler - they do!) but just how terribly bad they are!

I should caveat this by saying I rarely watch TV so most adverts arrive at my via the radio and in particular Talksport/talkradio. The standard is so so bad that it is more likely to make me avoid their products than use them. Having said that, i maynot be their target audience - 90% are for builders' stockists or gambling, neither of which i have ever needed/used.There is a just eat one that almost makes me want to turn the radio off.

Are they intentionally bad to make you remember them? remember it was for just eat, for example, but it was more likely to make me want to vomit than to eat anything!

I think that the quality of TV ads has diminished.
  • Pross
    Seeing adverts recently for coffee bags, how do you get your coffee the right strength from a bag as it won't brew like tea? I assume you just buy them in the strength required.

Also, why does a company think now is the time to start pushing coffee bags when there is so much publicity around waste and there has been a resurgence in loose leaf tea? I only recently found out that most tea bags contain plastic so don't know if that's the case for coffee bags too.
  • Matthewfalle
    25 degrees
    clear blue skies
    completely dry roads
    utterly lovely overall

clubbie in full clubbie kit on crappy winter bike with full mudguards.

#saveitforbest.oh.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    filled a washing up bowl with hot water, heard a noise which didnt think much of at first, picked up the glass tumbler that was in the bowl to wash and found the base of it had literally just seperated cleanly and fallen off and I was just now holding a glass tube in my hand.

completely smooth break too, dont think the glass had been knocked or damaged previously
  • Matthewfalle
    we've seen that happen a few times with pint glasses - when they are stored stacked in each the inner glass presses down and can create a pressure fissure within the glass - cold to hot expansion by putting it in the boiling water will cause this fissure to expand and split the glass.

bizarrely this stops affecting you when you have staff to do your washing up.

#domestics

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    awavey wrote:
    filled a washing up bowl with hot water, heard a noise which didnt think much of at first, picked up the glass tumbler that was in the bowl to wash and found the base of it had literally just seperated cleanly and fallen off and I was just now holding a glass tube in my hand.

completely smooth break too, dont think the glass had been knocked or damaged previously

turn the glass cycinder into a really cool theatre style monocular and insist on using it when driving down busy motorways as it helps you.

#moderndrivingaids

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    Queueing to board bus after hospital eye clinic sesh back to station for train home, old fella gets in dispute with driver over how much his fare is supposed to be, prob a miscommunication over destination, but old grump is getting a proper strop on. Must have been in his 80s, didn't look the sharpest, laden with plastic bags full of stuff...coming from a hospital...?

Anyway, intrigued as to why he was arguing about his fare. Free bus passes? Poss too thick to bother applying for his, just the 15 or more years of giving away his money.
  • Pross
    Ignore!! Completely wrong part of the forum let alone thread.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    REmoving Chrome from my PC and using Firefox. All the problems have gone away! :D
  • pinno
    we've seen that happen a few times with pint glasses - when they are stored stacked in each the inner glass presses down and can create a pressure fissure within the glass - cold to hot expansion by putting it in the boiling water will cause this fissure to expand and split the glass.

#domestics

Cool a glass bottle in the fridge, then pour very hot oil into it up to the point where you want the split to occur.

Make interesting drinking vessels.
  • orraloon
    Ok, last one for tonight. Final glass then bed...

Right. You got big girls. You know. Big. Walking through Oxford today, is warm,is sunny. Lots of eye candy. Put it out there, get it looked at...

However. One blonde white girl walked past me, full on happy, smiled back at me, no worries, all sound. But jeez, the size of those white thighs below the skimpiest black shorts... Really?
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    However. One blonde white girl walked past me, full on happy, smiled back at me, no worries, all sound. But jeez, the size of those white thighs below the skimpiest black shorts... Really?

Since when did you start being fussy?!! ffs. :roll:

Actually... are you in a position to be fussy?
  • Pross
    Why is it that I can do a warm up for a race (running) at a really gentle pace and my legs feel tired and really not up to anything but as soon as the gun goes I can run at a pace 2 minutes per mile faster and everything feels relatively easy (for the first 2/3rds of the race anyway)?
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

#domestics

Cool a glass bottle in the fridge, then pour very hot oil into it up to the point where you want the split to occur.

seriously? or is doing this going to make the bottle shatter and blind us all?

#notoverlyconvinced

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

#domestics

seriously? or is doing this going to make the bottle shatter and blind us all?

#notoverlyconvinced

Try it. Some glass breaks clean, others don't break at all and some shatter. Wear goggles. Use a metal funnel. Do it in your shed.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    25 degrees
    clear blue skies
    completely dry roads
    utterly lovely overall

clubbie in full clubbie kit on crappy winter bike with full mudguards.

#saveitforbest.oh.

Not necessarily intrigue-worthy surely? Hops on summer bike to head out and gear cable snaps; hurriedly digs winter bike out.

#sometimescraphappens.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Pross wrote:
    Why is it that I can do a warm up for a race (running) at a really gentle pace and my legs feel tired and really not up to anything but as soon as the gun goes I can run at a pace 2 minutes per mile faster and everything feels relatively easy (for the first 2/3rds of the race anyway)?
    Similar on the bike - you feel completely knackered, get on the bike & start pedaling - still feeling crap - then get a plethora of PBs* on the way home ...

*well - not any more, because generally I'm slower than I was a few years ago - but, YPBs anyway (yearly PBs ... )
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Slowbike wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Similar on the bike - you feel completely knackered, get on the bike & start pedaling - still feeling crap - then get a plethora of PBs* on the way home ...

*well - not any more, because generally I'm slower than I was a few years ago - but, YPBs anyway (yearly PBs ... )

tail winds are great aren't they :D
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    Pross wrote:

tail winds are great aren't they :D
    yer - right ....

my summer time commute tends to be into the wind both ways - north wind on the way in, then (due to the proximity of the coast) - sea breeze on the way back .... I need to change jobs!