friday with infrared lasers

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

much coffee, traverse the gmc lab labyrinth, early bail

received auto-alert from our security/evac lot that the uk is now rated 'threat level 2', pathetic, had more dangerous dinners, people just aren't trying, wonder if we can get it to 5, need some action
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    currently taking in the new TOOL album and off to bed soon after a reasonably lacklustre night shift. 13 year wait for the album. Was it worth the wait? Couldn't tell you because I only happened across the band a year or two ago. I will be seeking to see them on tour though.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, early finish today , ng are pressure testing this afternoon
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning, early finish today , ng are pressure testing this afternoon
    Hopefully doing it after you've finished for the day?
    Friday afternoon sounds like the worst time to do something like that.
  • thistle_
    sungod wrote:
    received auto-alert from our security/evac lot that the uk is now rated 'threat level 2', pathetic
    What was it before? 1 or 3?

I'm expecting a test alert for an automated alarm. They haven't managed to get it to work for the last 2 years so not holding out much hope. God know what will happen if there's a genuine alarm.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    un point i think, hk rates a 3 at the moment, long way to go

seems a bit nippy out, not used to this, pineapple time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long walk with hound now off to sunny Birmingham. Later is Kilimanjaro meet where I get car envy again
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    WFH to receive Fedex, hopefully followed by a ride. It's very wet and windy out so a poor day for a decent suspension setup, might stick to the hard packed DH tracks rather than the muddy, steep, rooty tracks that I prefer...

Listening to the new Slipknot album which knocked Ed Sheeran off the album chart #1. I realise how few albums I actually like all the way through.
  • Morning. Overcast and very windy, looks like a surfing day if not too blown out.

In other news eldest back later from DofE gold - hurrah!
    Mother-in-law arrives today as well - boo!
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    WFH to receive Fedex, hopefully followed by a ride.
    New bike coming?
  • thistle_
    sungod wrote:
    un point i think, hk rates a 3 at the moment, long way to go

seems a bit nippy out, not used to this, pineapple time
    Maybe they noticed you were back from holiday so upped it one notch? :wink:

When I woke up and saw it was still dark outside I just assumed I'd woken up too early. Turns out it was just dark and gloomy this morning :|
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    New bike coming?

Apparently so, I ordered it last Wednesday which probably isn't too bad but I'm too excited to wait. It'll be nice having an enduro bike which is less compromised on the downhill stuff again :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao. my foot really hurts. i think my 5th metatarsal has EXPLODED. this much pain would kill a club of clubbies straight off but i'm going to shrug it off and go and do some weights before TDV tells me what we are doing today.

#painenoughtokillaclubbie
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    New bike coming?

Apparently so, I ordered it last Wednesday which probably isn't too bad but I'm too excited to wait. It'll be nice having an enduro bike which is less compromised on the downhill stuff again :D

need pictures!

#photographic

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Currently En route to Harrogate to hold up FedEx vans for large bike boxes, then scurry back down to southern land so I don't get nose bleeds from the altitude change.

Shall coffee hunt later then tonight sample some local beverages.

MF, get a spare from one of the MF's you said your all interchangeable #Spareparts
  • haydenm
    Will post some pics once it arrives and I get it set up, anytime before 6pm...

The OH gets Fedex deliveries at work every day at 11:10am so shouldn't be long after that hopefully. Obviously I need to keep working rather than fiddling with bikes though :wink:
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    Currently En route to Harrogate to hold up FedEx vans for large bike boxes, then scurry back down to southern land so I don't get nose bleeds from the altitude change.

Already out for delivery from Gretna unfortunately, you might be able to hold the van up along the M74 around the Lockerbie area if you're quick
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    sungod wrote:
    'ning
    received auto-alert from our security/evac lot that the uk is now rated 'threat level 2'

Sounds a bit much for a barista.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:

Shall coffee hunt later then tonight sample some local beverages.

MF, get a spare from one of the MF's you said your all interchangeable #Spareparts

we've already pinned one of them and extracted the required part, however The Hound ate it.

Its now a game of slowly stalking each other around waiting to pounce on one unfortunate.

#gethim.pinhimdown.ripitout.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TLW1 wrote:
    Long walk with hound now off to sunny Birmingham. Later is Kilimanjaro meet where I get car envy again

Who's wheels, what wheels?

Jesucristo it's dull. Very grey. Very biblical rain expected. Seems to be just holding back before the deluge.

Sticks, Bistro, coffee etc, despite the above. No where near the M74 unfortunately. Never held up a Fedex van before, could have been fun whilst inexplicable to the driver.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Already out for delivery from Gretna unfortunately, you might be able to hold the van up along the M74 around the Lockerbie area if you're quick

Effort, I've got to be in Woburn Sands for 11 anyway got an appointment to test ride a bike
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Effort, I've got to be in Woburn Sands for 11 anyway got an appointment to test ride a bike

Anything exciting?
  • Matthewfalle
    if you need someone to pop to harrogate give me a shout and i'll pick up TDLO and we can relive happy times again before she shatters my heart.

#taintedjoy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Anything exciting?

Triumph Bobber, should be amusing last rode properly a few years back when I borrowed a friends R6 for a week. Suitably attired today boots, kevlar jeans and a leather jacket. Borrowing a lid from them, guy I know from theres coming out with me on a Scrambler so should prove amusing, been debating a bike for a while so just trying a few different styles. Apparently the tanks tiny though.
  • homers_double
    I have an agent in Harrogate if it helps.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle

are you Russian living in the 1960s?

If so that's well cool. Do they have a code name?

#secretsquirrel

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Anything exciting?

Triumph Bobber, should be amusing last rode properly a few years back when I borrowed a friends R6 for a week. Suitably attired today boots, kevlar jeans and a leather jacket. Borrowing a lid from them, guy I know from theres coming out with me on a Scrambler so should prove amusing, been debating a bike for a while so just trying a few different styles. Apparently the tanks tiny though.

sounds cool - quick enought to be a laugh without losing your licence, shiiyt enough handling so you can have a laugh at low speed, decent brakes.

what you really want is a CR500 with supermoto wheels. now thats proper.

#proper

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double

#secretsquirrel

Dave
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    Urgh sabotage. If it isn't auditors it's nieces birthdays getting in the way of a mini break
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Urgh sabotage.

then you need some of this my friend.

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13104226&p=20565211#p20565211

#propermusic

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

#secretsquirrel

Dave

cunning.

#sleeper

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.