thursday where is v when we need him

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, maybe a webex, not in the mood, may arrange to nip over to paris, i like the train
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet in kings Lynn, this job is growing arms and legs, I have been asked to come back next week,
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH again, hopefully not the same intensity as yesterday. Need to run later and promised to take the youngest out on his fun bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    On the train into The Big Smoke - tired but have a few ciders to look forward to tonight. Finally got someone in today to fit the new desk & shelves etc in the study - strifey will be left to manage that so I feel sorry for him :)

Oxo - dont discourage him. You have a budding entrepreneur there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxoman wrote:
    Morning. Lots of coffee, roadbike session this morning then mtb tonight meeting a few mates at local trail centre. Will be thrashing youngest to within an inch of his life to help sorting his lego out to sell. He wants the money from it, personally I feel guilty he's selling his childhood. His idea, not mine. They grow up way to quick.
    Crate it up and pop it in the loft or shed. You'll be glad of it in a few years when your a grandad
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, bikes last night has left me feeling bruised. Didn't crash but pushing hard on hardtails is like sitting on a pneumatic drill. It was my mate's first ride on his new steel hardtail and he seemed mightily impressed. Work, rain, meh today. Should find out if the shop have posted my bike yet though, if not I might need to enlist someone from near Harrogate to go and nick it for me
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning. Lots of coffee, roadbike session this morning then mtb tonight meeting a few mates at local trail centre. Will be thrashing youngest to within an inch of his life to help sorting his lego out to sell. He wants the money from it, personally I feel guilty he's selling his childhood. His idea, not mine. They grow up way to quick.
    Crate it up and pop it in the loft or shed. You'll be glad of it in a few years when your a grandad

A guy at work bought loads of the stuff for his kids off a young lad who wanted the cash, he'd gone to loads of effort boxing it all up in categories so they gave him 50% extra. Quite a nice thing to do.
  • Morning. Decent here weather wise, surf in morning and ride this afternoon is plan at mo.

As for selling childhood stuff, the wife has sold a ton of unwanted stuff on fleabay. The kids always had way too much shite (to my mind) so I have no issues with selling things on. Certain items kept for sentimental reasons but otherwise 90% can go.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    oxoman wrote:

don't let him sell it - you are correct that he will regret it badly.

can you not get a friend to buy it and keep hold rather than it going somewhere random

#Legoismega
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    drinking coffee then gym session.

just been listening to rees-mogg on r4 - probably the most annoying self justifying man on the planet. definitly worth a throat punch.

#bloodyrees-mogg

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Site visit cancelled, desk bound. No running or gym today but depending on the weather may try and get the bike out.

May also have a trip to the races on Saturday but that's dependent on cancelling other commitments.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Agreed, don't sell it, if you can sort it back into its kits yes do that, box its up an store it (dark cool place ideally)
    Some of the kits can be worth a fortune now even without the boxes.

Back to the orifice today, headache is strong an office moron/weirdo has been over twice since nine to find to whats changed, he stinks of TCP for some reason too, need my UKARA quick me thinks for this one. That or I'll lob something at his face.

#irritable

Bike shop also rang last night an sent me a photo of my hub which is wrecked inside so choices on new ones to be made, likely Miche or Hope CK is a little rich for me.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    bath, coffee, work.
  • haydenm
    TCP= younger Islay malts. He's pissed.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Young oxo has decided to sell all the complete sets he has boxes for including a vintage castle he was given, but is keeping his loose stuff which is still a fair bit. I've already made him keep all his decent toy cars corgi etc, he was into all things construction so loads of diecast diggers and stuff for any kids to come. Suspect more stuff will be disposed of as showing interest in girls, he doesn't want to be seen as to babyish. His words not mine, seems sad as they grow up to quick nowadays.

this is sad and makes us unhappy. sorry.

#lossofyouth

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Gethinceri wrote:
    bath, coffee, work.

In that order?

Oxo: If you have any Technic's stuff, I may be interested. Especially pneumatic stuff. Otherwise, motors etc.

Me doing emails and paper chasing admin sort of stuff me. I couldn't think of any boring posts yesterday, so I didn't bother.

Weather is grey and dull and miserable and threatening rain.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Pneumatics were great, always wanted that stuff as a kid. May have to start a mini fund for some. Technic was way better anyway you could make much more with it.
  • Matthewfalle
    i've broken my toe so am scrabbling round for drugs. shitloads of controlled drugs. may hit the morphine.

#ouch

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    Stand down guys, no need to go to Harrogate to get my new bike. Fedex have it now so it's lost into the ether
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stand down guys, no need to go to Harrogate to get my new bike. Fedex have it now so it's lost into the ether

Harrogate is quite nice isn't it? Is that the one by Strensall?

#quaint

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Fedex usually find larger parcels, its the small ones they have problems with.

Coffee in a tin acquired, was advised it actually tastes OK so dabbled, thus far it tastes surprisingly alright.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:

#quaint

Only been through it, I think it's quite posh. It certainly has a very fancy bikeshop with some very fancy bikes in it (one less now though hopefully).

I'm going to WFH tomorrow to cut out any scope for missing delivery and them taking it away rather than leaving it in a garage/with a neighbour like all the other delivery drivers
  • haydenm
    The hermes guy who delivers to us is really good, whoever delivers for amazon tends to leave it in one of the neighbours sheds or outbuildings then not leave a note which is always enjoyable
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

#quaint

Only been through it, I think it's quite posh. It certainly has a very fancy bikeshop with some very fancy bikes in it (one less now though hopefully).

That sounds right - I think I went there with TDLO for a quiet evening and a beer - found a pub by a canal. It was very nice and we were blissfully happy. Strensall was doing all the ebola training at the time which is why fate thrust us together thus and then cruelly ripped us apart, to bethrown to the winds, never to meet again.

#sadness

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Sorry Pinno, eldest has the technics and pneumatic stuff and he won't let it go or even give it to young oxo.
    Come on MF fess up how did you manage to bust your toe.
    Hayden, your stuffed as FedEx usually just leave at a nearby address and its to big to do a Hermes throw.

weights bench picked a fight with me so I kicked the phukk out of it. Toe lost. It hurts. I'm off to get Fentanyl.

#smackmeupwithsomeofthat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

#quaint

I'm going to WFH tomorrow to cut out any scope for missing delivery and them taking it away rather than leaving it in a garage/with a neighbour like all the other delivery drivers

Prologue? All the high end brands in there, barely anything that I could afford, says a lot about the wealth of the local area IMO. The cafe is very nice.
  • haydenm
    Joe Totale wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

#quaint

Prologue? All the high end brands in there, barely anything that I could afford, says a lot about the wealth of the local area IMO. The cafe is very nice.

They have some stunning stuff by the looks of things! Unfortunately this is an mtb and Stif had what I was looking for:
    https://www.stifmtb.com/
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: That will teach you not to pick a fight with something harder than you.

Its alright - I know where it lives. I'm gonna burn its house down later.

#fire.good.burn.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    oxoman wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: That will teach you not to pick a fight with something harder than you.

Its alright - I know where it lives. I'm gonna burn its house down later.

#fire.good.burn.

Odds you burn yourself trying?
  • Matthewfalle
    i'll get an MF to do it. it'll be fine.

#whatcouldgowrong?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • You know it's windy when you turn corner into headwind and have to change down a gear going downhill to maintain cadence! Good ride though, and tailwind home was sweet.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

#quaint

Long time ago I had a mate lived in a converted water mill house on the river at Knaresborough, stayed for a weekend there. Had dinner in Harrogate at some fancy restaurant notable for being run by an Aussie at the time, featured kangaroo steak on the menu. Other guests included some bloke who was chief numbers man for Wisden's Almanac.Vaguely recall that being a pretty entertaining night.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS