La Vuelta 2019, Stage 5: L' Eliana > Observatorio Astrofísico de Javalambre 28/08/2019 - 170,7 km

2»

Comments

• ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Meanwhile... the 3 fools at the front are looking good for the stage. Cofidis or Burgos!
  • ocdupalais
    Madrazo you loon!
  • This is fantastic
  • 1-2 for Burgos :mrgreen:
  • ocdupalais
    Lopez gets 12 secs on Roglic and Valverde
  • I’d love to listen in on the chat between Valverde and Quintana later :mrgreen:
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,125
    Where did Pogacar finish?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,125

+PointsGCBIBAge
    Rnk Rider Team Time
    1 MADRAZO Ángel Burgos-BH 4:58:31
    2 BOL Jetse Burgos-BH 0:10
    3 HERRADA José Cofidis, Solutions Crédits 0:22
    4 LÓPEZ Miguel Ángel Astana Pro Team 0:47
    5 VALVERDE Alejandro Movistar Team 0:59
    6 ROGLIČ Primož Team Jumbo-Visma ,,
    7 POGAČAR Tadej UAE-Team Emirates 1:29
    8 QUINTANA Nairo Movistar Team 1:41
    9 KUSS Sepp Team Jumbo-Visma ,,
    10 CHAVES Esteban Mitchelton-Scott 1:46
    11 MAJKA Rafał BORA - hansgrohe 1:52
    12 LATOUR Pierre AG2R La Mondiale 2:05
    13 URÁN Rigoberto EF Education First 2:11
    14 ROCHE Nicolas Team Sunweb 2:17
  • ocdupalais
    Not sure. I’m currently trying to rip out a knackered old shower unit, which is compromising my cycling viewing...
  • What this stage lacked in drama and excitement, it sure made up for in comedy.
    Stage winner almost taken out by his won team car wins the prize though.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ocdupalais
    I remember Madrazo from a few years ago at Tour of Britain where he playing the Eddie The Eagle Edwards act with the sprints jersey that the crowd were lapping up.
  • ocdupalais
    No insinuation, but strong physique/riding style similarities between Madrazo and Cobo.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    TGH lost 19 minutes. Been a bit pants for INEOS all round and we're only on stage 5.
  • What this stage lacked in drama and excitement, it sure made up for in comedy.

Watching the highlights on ITV4 you can pretty much hear Davis Millar's eyes rolling as he comes to Movistar's tactics...
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    What this stage lacked in drama and excitement, it sure made up for in comedy.

Watching the highlights on ITV4 you can pretty much hear Davis Millar's eyes rolling as he comes to Movistar's tactics...

That makes a change, he's usually got a hard-on for Valverde "helping" Quintana. Not something I've ever witnessed to tell the truth. The only person Valverde helps is Valverde.

Not a criticism by the way, I see it as one of his strengths. I just wish commentators like Millar would wake up to the reality of what is actually happening in front of their eyes.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited August 2019
    I take it that Primoz "Rog" Roglic is hot favourite now All I've heard in the news today is Pro-Rog this and Pro-Rog that. Even the UK Parliament is Pro-Rog.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hypster wrote:

That makes a change, he's usually got a hard-on for Valverde "helping" Quintana. Not something I've ever witnessed to tell the truth. The only person Valverde helps is Valverde.

Not a criticism by the way, I see it as one of his strengths. I just wish commentators like Millar would wake up to the reality of what is actually happening in front of their eyes.

I've always taken those comments as being deeply laced with irony and sarcasm. Could be wrong - I usually am - but I'm sure Movistar's tactics have been mocked regularly in the podcasts they do.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    I remember Madrazo from a few years ago at Tour of Britain where he playing the Eddie The Eagle Edwards act with the sprints jersey that the crowd were lapping up.
    Ned Boulting was on about that in the podcast. He was great at making a show for the crowd. He certainly had an eventful day today.
    I thought Roche did well today too.
  • ocdupalais
    hypster wrote:

I've always taken those comments as being deeply laced with irony and sarcasm. Could be wrong - I usually am - but I'm sure Movistar's tactics have been mocked regularly in the podcasts they do.
    When you realise that Froome has done more for Quintana's career than teammate Valverde... I think that tells you all you need to know about the situation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    When you realise that Froome has done more for Quintana's career than teammate Valverde... I think that tells you all you need to know about the situation.
    His best domestique was Contador at the 2016 Vuelta
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    hypster wrote:

Valverde's gonna Valverde...

In all seriousness, whilst he's a brilliant racer he's been a proper hindrance to Movistar's GT efforts.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Bizarre. The strongest rider might not win this vuelta.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm