Is road racing too expensive?

2»

• ajkerr73ajkerr73 Posts: 389
    I always thought bc races were eye wateringly expensive. And to get anywhere means you’re racing twice a week minimum du ing the season so 150 to 200 pcm on entry fees.

Plus kit
    Plus transport costs
    Plus all the rest.

Notwithsatanding the cost of putting the event on racing in the UK is a very expensive sport.

My experience of racing in Europe was that the event costs were a fraction of bc and it wasn’t unusual to have closed roads esp in local crits.

Comparing "racing in Europe" and here is not a discussion on race costs, it's a discussion on how national cycling bodies support and subsidise cycling in Europe versus the BC approach .

PS - to Joey who reckons it's £10-£15 and hour to race.....train harder, pedal faster and you'll make a profit in these races! ;-)
  • joey54321joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Ha! old thread. Thanks but I think I am done with road racing. This season I've found that the ones I have entered just don't do it for me any more, it's not worth the time and money for me.

Instead, I am gonna carry on racing cross through the winter and go back to TTs as a regular racing fix in the summer. Also gonna through in some self-supported ultra racing to dip my toe in that particular pond.