tuesday observing a pineapple fata morgana

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to gmc, coffee, croissant, many emails, try for early bail, don't want to overdo things on first day back
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, looks like another nice day pity I am working.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Need to enter a race in the lakes, problem is looking at the training plan I’m now meant to taper
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    First day back same as sg. Luckily emails haven't been going mad in the last week or so hit let's see what happens. May have to out a few sales people back in their box.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    blue skies but thunder, so sent TDV out to walk the The Hound. Too dangerous for me.

#strangerdanger
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning all and sundry. Today mostly trying to finish off re-roofing the shed. Interspersed with a trip to the tip and the dentist. Mrs dhl continues to find "small" jobs for me.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited August 2019
    Today mostly trying to finish off re-roofing the shed.

I did that on Saturday. However, the next time I vowed to replace the boards (it needs it) and cover it with corrugated GRP.
    I did clad my cheapy shed with Ship lap and not only does it not wobble when you shut the doors/with a slight breeze, it's sturdier.
    Spend £490 on a cheap 8 x 10 and spend £300 making it decent (decking for the floor, glass for the windows, externally clad). Dubious economics.
    When I finished the cladding, a cloud positioned itself on my head. Then I had a brain wave that almost made me squeal with delight. The thought of creosoting it/wood preservering it filled me with much consternation, depression even. So I filled my weed killer sprayer with Bostik wood preserver and waterproofer and did the whole thing in about 6 minutes.

Today, i'll be waiting for this weather to decide what it's doing and either pedal indoors or pedal outdoors.

More crazy Vuelta later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:
    Need to enter a race in the lakes, problem is looking at the training tplan I’m now meant to taper
    Sod it, just go for it.
    Works most of the time :)
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Back from a couple of weeks in Italy, I didn't bother with the daily update of Pool, Lunch, bubbles, pool, dinner, Limoncello as I thought it would get a bit boring.

I did do a zip line though off the side of a mountain and MrsHD lost her hat on a bobsleigh ride.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Back from a couple of weeks in Italy, I didn't bother with the daily update of Pool, Lunch, bubbles, pool, dinner, Limoncello as I thought it would get a bit boring.

but we need to know that stuff as it lets us live vicariously.

where were you?

i've just done a weights sesh, had a haircut and a shower and look, if I say so myself, ridiculously bloody good.

now I'm off to break hearts at Cecil's Shoe Shop, the best choice for bambina's school shoes within 7 valley's distance.

#takeanumberandaseatlove,bewithyouin5

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, feeling a bit queezy today so bailed on work. Sitting in the shade in the garden trying to keep cool. According to local shop man I look very pale, glad to see my tan has come along so well!
    Mainly doing sod all today now just trying not to hurl. Fun day!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Cracking long weekend, had friends staying and I managed to get them out mountain biking on the condition I rode my road bike for once. Good riding all round. He's off home today to have a camera up his rear to diagnose his exercise induced issues, I suggested they would use a DSLR...

New bike day on Friday, ordered it on Thursday evening so I'm not especially blown away with the speed of delivery. Looking for some carbon forks for the CDF in the meantime to get my bike stuff fix.
  • Back from a couple of weeks in Italy, I didn't bother with the daily update of Pool, Lunch, bubbles, pool, dinner, Limoncello as I thought it would get a bit boring.

Good call that man.

Nice here, sunny, warm, no wind so off for a ride later.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Step83 wrote:
    617bb140ab2648088dac4dd2f7299039

Sending that on now, cheers for the bullying ammo :lol:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, feeling a bit queezy today so bailed on work. Sitting in the shade in the garden trying to keep cool. According to local shop man I look very pale, glad to see my tan has come along so well!
    Good call sitting in the shade.
    If you sat in the sun you might get a tan and look healthy enough to go to work.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    now I'm off to break hearts at Cecil's Shoe Shop, the best choice for bambina's school shoes within 7 valley's distance.

You have shoe shops in The Valleys? I've never seen the natives wearing them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You have shoe shops in The Valleys? I've never seen the natives wearing them.

they're a new thing. i personally don't think it'll catch on and everyone will soon go back to wearing potato sacks but its all about trying new experiences ......

it was the same when they installed the village toilet. waste of time.

#poopoothatidea

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

just out of interest, what would you use that for?

#spyin'

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    If you sat in the sun you might get a tan and look healthy enough to go to work.

Yeah probably for the best, reckon its a bit of heat stroke. Not sweating constantly feeling sick etc so adds up.

Matt, its for looking at Moria in No 20 or the moon
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Yeah probably for the best, reckon its a bit of heat stroke. Not sweating constantly feeling sick etc so adds up.

《adopt geeky voice》

if its that I would suggest following heat illness protocols and the required algorithym:

stay in the shade, fluid with electrolytes, watch h/r and temp, nice light foods, stay off the booze, ask someone to keep an eye on you, if you vom get some Dioralyte down ya and thrash yourself senseless over past episodes of NATN.

#medicaladvice
    #hero
    #lifesaver

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double

where were you?

At our house in Menaggio on Lake Como.

OK, pool(view from)

9BsqLyqEI301zUvEkmGsppCzGmVZoHoPyzCEXI3nXeLRP2YertZwJdrSESLctOPHh8E2WwMKWP0jq17a6oAFpmxvrviRbHlsW3Vgseju2DTFyy12rkK6PYSf8wHkPsdn_qHq2KVzAg=w2400

Lunch

j_u_73lgMmWhjajxwvUsrVyX1-Nsxe7XLkvI3e7RNzX0lTnJpVD1c63s0zv6VMy7G_t285dOktwN0jDl9_tsNQuIAz5NyB8JExcFg5wPW2UucTKAZwq-Axh6a9UXWSbu5OxP3k-z8Q=w2400

Pool

r-qXy8cDocpG4tLkZTgvn1k-4p3497-PHOe2q3QHisjd7TNaTzbcjuwOhmbtNdakMdc0QepnJgW5E4OuG2Y5ikaKf2JBWsDAe1zUPP2UN6LLumw8MFJyrPlM7eUxkgk7W0TeCyXYgw=w2400

Dinner and Limoncello (an empty bottle of anyway)

bZQHqwcF0KPQgOXBQWpGGWNZ8euXTxZ-Gao4_BjdYi6A5G290JLr8VzWNkV80sU2X1eZyusQH9IYx8Ao1GlQh59lNUXyNDjQoPZk0NXnqItEcAisMousKYXRN32ymuHG_SpX9FM99A=w2400
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

《adopt geeky voice》

if its that I would suggest following heat illness protocols and the required algorithym:

stay in the shade, fluid with electrolytes, watch h/r and temp, nice light foods, stay off the booze, ask someone to keep an eye on you, if you vom get some Dioralyte down ya and thrash yourself senseless over past episodes of NATN.

#medicaladvice
    #hero
    #lifesaver

I have a derpy dog thats about it. Ill get someone to ring me later. I should be fine had much worse anyway.
  • Matthewfalle
    just keep on posting on here - if anything you type makes sense we'll know you are in trouble.

#gibberish

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited August 2019

where were you?

At our house in Menaggio on Lake Como.

OK, pool(view from)

9BsqLyqEI301zUvEkmGsppCzGmVZoHoPyzCEXI3nXeLRP2YertZwJdrSESLctOPHh8E2WwMKWP0jq17a6oAFpmxvrviRbHlsW3Vgseju2DTFyy12rkK6PYSf8wHkPsdn_qHq2KVzAg=w2400

Lunch

j_u_73lgMmWhjajxwvUsrVyX1-Nsxe7XLkvI3e7RNzX0lTnJpVD1c63s0zv6VMy7G_t285dOktwN0jDl9_tsNQuIAz5NyB8JExcFg5wPW2UucTKAZwq-Axh6a9UXWSbu5OxP3k-z8Q=w2400

Pool

r-qXy8cDocpG4tLkZTgvn1k-4p3497-PHOe2q3QHisjd7TNaTzbcjuwOhmbtNdakMdc0QepnJgW5E4OuG2Y5ikaKf2JBWsDAe1zUPP2UN6LLumw8MFJyrPlM7eUxkgk7W0TeCyXYgw=w2400

Dinner and Limoncello (an empty bottle of anyway)

bZQHqwcF0KPQgOXBQWpGGWNZ8euXTxZ-Gao4_BjdYi6A5G290JLr8VzWNkV80sU2X1eZyusQH9IYx8Ao1GlQh59lNUXyNDjQoPZk0NXnqItEcAisMousKYXRN32ymuHG_SpX9FM99A=w2400

looks alright I suppose. 8) 8)

#bitlikeNewport,really

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

At our house in Menaggio on Lake Como

That looks a bit of all right does that. I hope you sent back the pizza and ice cream combo though, there's no need for that. :wink:

Back at work after shenanigans on Sunday and recovery on Monday. I got fist bumped by 4 separate individuals who were astonished that someone as old as me was out at a party 8) :lol: . Other takeaways: young girls don't leave much to the imagination :shock: ; 6 hours dancing about is murder on the hips :oops: ; I'm glad I went, but I'll not be doing it again in a hurry, though the boy is making noises about Carnival next year... :twisted:
  • Matthewfalle
    i was just about to post a #thoughtsandprayers for you but glad to see you survived.

#H3lives

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83

Lunch

Thats a rubbish Pizza

Debating changing a couple of bits on the bike, I must be sick.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

just out of interest, what would you use that for?

#spyin'
    fast long lens: sports, wildlife, paparazzi

at the other extreme, the old nikon 6mm, field of view 220 degrees, i.e. includes things a bit behind the front of the lens
    DSC2058.jpg
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Newport? Newport Ceredigion is OK but Newport Gwent is a grim shitehole.

Nice pics above BTW. Did you bump into George?
  • homers_double
    Step83 wrote:

Thats a rubbish Pizza

It wasn't, fresh buffalo Mozzarella that just oozed out of the centre. Delish...
    Nice pics above BTW. Did you bump into George?

Not this time but I have got a picture of MrsHD outside his back gate in Laglio.
    Advocate of disc brakes.