Donald Trump

Comments

• letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Rolf F wrote:
    Awwww, those nasty Danes didn't like Diddums playtime ideas and now he won't go out and play with them. Waahhhh waaaahhhh.

Apparently his interest has now transferred to the Isle of Wight - the UK government are far more amenable than the Danish government and he also likes the sound of the name.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    letap73 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Awwww, those nasty Danes didn't like Diddums playtime ideas and now he won't go out and play with them. Waahhhh waaaahhhh.

Apparently his interest has now transferred to the Isle of Wight - the UK government are far more amenable than the Danish government and he also likes the sound of the name.
    At last, the perfect solution to the backstop issue: sell NI to the USA!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    The disgusting thing about this is that they deny climate change, but due to climate change they see opportunities to rape Greenland’s natural resources. Sickening.

And what Western society would think that becoming American would be a step forward? In pretty much any way you can think of? Apart from the UK of course. We like the idea of crap food, poor health services, huge levels of inequality, limited history and culture, the death penalty, illegal abortion, disjointed environmental legislation that is decades behind Europe's, guns for everyone, 2 weeks holiday per year, overwhelming car dependency and adverts on TV every minute. Apparently.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bompington
    Rolf F wrote:
    And what Western society would think that becoming American would be a step forward? In pretty much any way you can think of? Apart from the UK of course. We like the idea of crap food, poor health services, huge levels of inequality, limited history and culture, the death penalty, illegal abortion, disjointed environmental legislation that is decades behind Europe's, guns for everyone, 2 weeks holiday per year, overwhelming car dependency and adverts on TV every minute. Apparently.
    This would explain why only a couple of million Europeans have emigrated to the States in the last decade or so :?
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    bompington wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    This would explain why only a couple of million Europeans have emigrated to the States in the last decade or so :?
    Weren't the vast majority of those Eastern Europeans, to be fair even I could see the appeal of the US given the circumstances some of those people were living in.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,486
    bompington wrote:
    letap73 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Jon Sopel made much the same joke about Ireland.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bompington
    rjsterry wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    letap73 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Jon Sopel made much the same joke about Ireland.
    Well of course Trump could negotiate a good deal on a two-for-the-price-of-one basis.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    The US would love to own Ireland, it feels like half the population think they're Irish despite having never been to the country and their only connection being ancestors who left there 5 generations ago.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Since when was it a thing that nations are 'up for sale'.

Inhabitants are not tenants.
  • rjsterry
    edited August 2019
    Since when was it a thing that nations are 'up for sale'.

Inhabitants are not tenants.

Arguably in this country we are. Everything reverts to the Crown in the absence of any inheritor. Whole bits of countries have been bought and sold in relatively recent history. Previously they were given as wedding presents. Frowned upon now, though.

Quite a clear explanation of how land is owned in this country.
    https://www.highlandtitles.com/blog/thi ... nd-part-1/

Part 2 is a fun rant about land ownership and farm subsidies.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    bompington wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Generalisation. Obviously we don't have a monopoly on idiots.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    So he has now cancelled his planned state visit next month due to Denmark not wanting to talk about the sale of Greenland to the US.

I'm with Bianchimoon, it is disgusting they deny climate change exists but display an interest in apparent new found resources which are only becoming accessible due to what to them is a fictitious event.

Also can throw into the mix the receding ice in Greenland throws up a risk from some rather nasty radioactive waste the US left there in the cold war. I very much doubt they will offer to help clear up what is their own mess.
  • rick_chasey
    Interesting fact about Greenland - it left the EU in 1982 after a 52-48 referendum in favour of Grexit.
  • Page 495 and counting. I still can't quite believe the American people voted for him. It beggars believe.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    Page 495 and counting. I still can't quite believe the American people voted for him. It beggars believe.
    More to the point, they will re-elect him.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rjsterry
    edited August 2019
    Interesting fact about Greenland - it left the EU in 1982 after a 52-48 referendum in favour of Grexit.
    What sort of Grexit was it?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696

It does have a very high suicide rate.
  • rick_chasey
    rjsterry wrote:
    What sort of Grexit was it?

Soft.

So soft it gets EU development funding.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    bompington wrote:
    letap73 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Republicans buy Northern Ireland. Can't see anything going wrong there can you? :wink:
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    The last us purchase of another country's territory was 1900s when they bought the Danish territory in the Caribbean. They feared Germany would take over Denmark and thus gain those islands for a submarine base on the American doorstep. That was just before one of the world wars. Interestingly that was shortly after the then us president had said in a speech that the days of one nation buying a population of another country were over. Hypocrisy?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    The last us purchase of another country's territory was 1900s when they bought the Danish territory in the Caribbean. They feared Germany would take over Denmark and thus gain those islands for a submarine base on the American doorstep. That was just before one of the world wars. Interestingly that was shortly after the then us president had said in a speech that the days of one nation buying a population of another country were over. Hypocrisy?
    Hypocrisy or portent?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    President Donald Trump says the US will hold off raising tariffs on more than $300bn worth of Chinese goods while negotiations to end the trade war between the two countries continue.

"We will be continuing to negotiate. And I promised that for at least the time being, we are not going to be lifting tariffs on China, and we won't be adding an additional, I guess we have $350bn left which could be taxed, or could be tariffed. And we're not doing that. We're going to work with China on where we left off to see if we can make a deal," Trump said at a news conference at the end of the two-day G20 Summit.

Phew!!

Except that was the G20 summit. Things have got a lot crazier in just two months.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Robert88 wrote:
    President Donald Trump says the US will hold off raising tariffs on more than $300bn worth of Chinese goods while negotiations to end the trade war between the two countries continue.

"We will be continuing to negotiate. And I promised that for at least the time being, we are not going to be lifting tariffs on China, and we won't be adding an additional, I guess we have $350bn left which could be taxed, or could be tariffed. And we're not doing that. We're going to work with China on where we left off to see if we can make a deal," Trump said at a news conference at the end of the two-day G20 Summit.

Phew!!

Except that was the G20 summit. Things have got a lot crazier in just two months.
    Things have got crazier in the last two days, ordering American businesses to stop doing business with China although he has no power to do so, even though trump and ivanka merchandise still manufactured there. Calling his own appointment the head of the Fed, an enemy of the US. Way beyond any bizarre fiction, he’s a one man world economy wrecking ball. That won’t matter to his base as they can’t look beyond the barrel of their automatic rifles. Putin must be peeing himself with laughter. Donald Tusk summed it perfectly “using the world economy As a political instrument will lead to a world recession”
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    He is quite happily leading everyone into a global recession to satisfy his own inexorably slow mental break down.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    he's a nobb, thats what he is.

#nobb
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,688

#nobb
    I think you'd enjoy Rick Wilson's verbal barbs - an old-fashioned Republican, one who sees Trump for what he is, and uses a Shakespearean gift for insult to make his point. https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson
  • Matthewfalle

#nobb
    I think you'd enjoy Rick Wilson's verbal barbs - an old-fashioned Republican, one who sees Trump for what he is, and uses a Shakespearean gift for insult to make his point. https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson

heading across there now - grazie!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,688

#nobb

heading across there now - grazie!
    His linked articles are works of art. His book Everything Trump Touches Dies (or #ETTD) would probably be worth a read, even if it's been superseded by subsequent increasing Trumplunacy.
  • Matthewfalle
    dropping nuclear bombs into hurricanes.

#whatcouldgowrong,eh?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.