Saturday: it wasn’t my idea

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
Lazy start, after drinkies last night with people I’ve not seen in 40 years. Sunny, which means I’m torn between farnarkling about in the shed and a sun lounge with my name on it.

Cervelo frame to be cleaned up later.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    'ning

laziness, then more laziness, bask by the pool, laziness
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, lovely sunrise by the look of it not a cloud in the sky, club run across the wolds this morning
    Enjoy your weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Decent sleep in the tent aided by cider and wine.

Today is a little run with the hound and then chilling, followed by pub
  • Morning. In work and was up even earlier than usual to drop eldest off for her DofE Gold trip. Glorious day here, by the sea but in work. Pah.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,412
    More pool time shortly then headed into town this evening. Packing up tomorrow to head home, although looking at the forecast its going to be pretty much the same temperature in SE England as it is here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning, lovely sunrise by the look of it not a cloud in the sky
    Similar here: the clouds were down in the bottom of the valley and the sky full of hot air balloons :mrgreen:

Bike had been taken to bits, thoroughly cleaned and put back together ready for a race tomorrow.

Might go and watch the BBMF later, they're overnighting not far down the road.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    utterly lovely and sunny and warm here: just got back from quick 50 with a friend - good turn of speed, really good gossip. stopped for a coffee on the way back: undrinkable. dirty brown water. so i'm going to drink a pint of real coffee now.

then do some work on a friend's bike, mow the lawn, take it from there.

#holibobs
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Lazy start. Today is yet more hedge trimming - who planted all these hedges? Oh yeah - ideal weather for it, sunny and hot, followed by more lazing and beers.

Tomorrow I WILL get my arris in gear early and get in a proper ride... I WILL...

(PS a mental lift through getting the biopsy report on the polyps removed from the colon 3 weeks ago, low grade dysplasia, no worries. Sounds like I have another reason for more beer, if I needed a reason that is)
  • Matthewfalle
    lawn mowed, rear tub fitted (took 4 minutes. damn that fiddly tub fitting). front about to go on. friend's bike degreased, washed, polished, oiled, brakes, headset, gears adj, tyres pumped up, just waiting for cassette to arrive.

time for a nice cup of tea, see.

#productive

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    calima driven scorchio day, finally abandoned sunbed and off to the airport

quick check-in and queue-free security, picked up an inyt and swished into the little sala vip, bubbly sipped, currently nibbling tortilla and slices of chorizo
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    at Edwyn's Boozoir de la Manche in the sun drinking Gwynned The Travelled's home brew.

#sheerjoy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Having a quick beer before wandering up to the village for dinner with Mrs h3.

Lovely evening for it. Going to be roasting at the rave tomorrow. Had to buy some shorts this afternoon.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Why is it so hot, urgh. Well done stuff now burning food on the BBQ with a very attentive hound.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    orraloon wrote:
    (PS a mental lift through getting the biopsy report
    Glad to hear your aris passed its MOT
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Lazy start, after drinkies last night with people I’ve not seen in 40 years. Sunny, which means I’m torn between farnarkling about in the shed and a sun lounge with my name on it.

You see - I told you it would be alright.

Me doing far too much manual work in hot weather me. Should have sacked it and gone for a pedal.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle

pics please!

#chainstays

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    orraloon wrote:
    Lazy start. Today is yet more hedge trimming - who planted all these hedges? Oh yeah - ideal weather for it, sunny and hot, followed by more lazing and beers.

Tomorrow I WILL get my arris in gear early and get in a proper ride... I WILL...

(PS a mental lift through getting the biopsy report on the polyps removed from the colon 3 weeks ago, low grade dysplasia, no worries. Sounds like I have another reason for more beer, if I needed a reason that is)

so all going good then?

#medical,innit

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.