Upstairs ?

andyh01
andyh01 Posts: 599
Hey,
Looking to have a treadmill and turbo but not sure where to put it.

We have an upstairs spare room, that I could use but not sure if that's a good idea? Would it be too loud downstairs hearing banging when in use?

Alternatively have a biggish garden with a couple sheds (one wooden on raised floor the other metal on flagstone both used storage/workshop) a summer house and a passageway with canopy

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    AndyH01 wrote:
    Hey,

We have an upstairs spare room, that I could use but not sure if that's a good idea? Would it be too loud downstairs hearing banging when in use?
    How the hell would anyone know if it would be too loud? You're the one who knows your property better than others on here. :roll:
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,626
    AndyH01 wrote:
    Hey,

Alternatively have a biggish garden with a couple sheds (one wooden on raised floor the other metal on flagstone both used storage/workshop) a summer house and a passageway with canopy
    Go and play outdoors, firstly.

If you are going to put yourself through the mental boredom of not cycling anywhere, I'd go for the covered almost outdoor option - the summer house - for cooling purposes if nothing else.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    AndyH01 wrote:

As already pointed out - this is going to be impossible for anyone else to answer, because we don't live in your house and we don't know yours or your family's noise tolerance thresholds. We also don't know what your floors are made of, or whether you have them covered with carpet, wooden flooring, ceramic tiles, sheepskin rugs or sawdust...
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    I’d use it outside if possible, no noise to worry about and a lot less interruptions. It’s an escape of sorts...
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,495
    I use an Elite Turbo Muin direct drive turbo upstairs and it's fine in my house.
    But I'd always prefer to be outside.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I live in a first floor flat, it's a converted larger house so not too dissimilar.

Direct drive turbo trainers should be fine, the newer ones anyway, wheel on could be too noisy.

I think the treadmill would be better off downstairs or in one of the sheds if possible.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Subtle humblebrag about having a summer house?

Either way, that's what I'd be using. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    isn't a summer house just basically a shed with more window than wood? like basiclly a shed for the lower middle classes?

#glazing
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.