Rapha pro team aero jersey fit

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
edited August 2019 in Road buying advice
Been looking at this for a while but just wondering what the fit is like and if anyone uses this jersey for every day riding?

I know it's aero and will be tight fitting, but wondered how it compared to castelli sizing? Basically, how many sizes to go up?

Thanks

Comments

• Personally, I went up a size to an M but a small was still fine, I just don't like things super tight and the small felt a bit too restrictive around the shoulders and underarms. They are a nice bit of kit but probably not an everyday jersey, the material seems slightly better quality than the other rapha jerseys so I tend to keep mine for tempo rides on warmish days. They are cut longer in the torso though so I get a bit of bunching, doesn't bother me but I know some people would have an issue with it.
  • redvision
    Personally, I went up a size to an M but a small was still fine, I just don't like things super tight and the small felt a bit too restrictive around the shoulders and underarms. They are a nice bit of kit but probably not an everyday jersey, the material seems slightly better quality than the other rapha jerseys so I tend to keep mine for tempo rides on warmish days. They are cut longer in the torso though so I get a bit of bunching, doesn't bother me but I know some people would have an issue with it.

Thanks for the info.
    Was going to buy one but hesitant now as I'm one of those who hate jerseys which bunch.
    Shame as I really like the look of it.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,621
    I get the same size as for Castelli.

The fit is brilliant for me as a tall rider as the sleeves and body are quite long. If you're shorter you might be better with the non-aero Pro Team stuff, in which case I'd suggest a size down from Castelli.
  • redvision
    MrB123 wrote:
    I get the same size as for Castelli.

The fit is brilliant for me as a tall rider as the sleeves and body are quite long. If you're shorter you might be better with the non-aero Pro Team stuff, in which case I'd suggest a size down from Castelli.

Thanks. Tbh i just love the jersey in the blue and non of their others tops are available in that colour.

Think I'm going to order one to try as I guess I can always send it back if it doesn't fit.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    I take medium in Rapha but had to size up to L when I tried one in the shop. Order two, one in each size as you will pay only 1 delivery charge. It's a lovely bit of kit imo I like the dark green but even in the sale is a bit pricey for me.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,621
    The only thing I dislike about them is the raised rubber lettering on the arm. Doesn't exactly look aero and I have a suspicion that over time it may start to come away. Judging from the reviews on Rapha's website I'm not alone in that view.

Hopefully in future iterations of the jersey they'll change that feature, then the jersey will be pretty much perfect IMO.