sungod Posts: 16,434
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

be on the road as the sun rises, ride to kill, live to bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, hopefully another nice day weather wise on the cards, pity I am at work
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meetings too far from home considering I’ve got an appointment with the nurse at 16:30 to find out what jabs for Kilimanjaro

Later is the pub far away, so driving :(
  • Morning, just took the MTB to local shop for some bread and milk. Can confirm it's a dull and drizzly day here so far. Surf on the cards methinks.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, bright an sunny here, stuck in the confines of work though which is rather crap. DIY accessory hunting today need some rawl plugs thats about the highlight of my plans. Apparently were all going pub tomorrow for lunch, should prove interesting.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:
    Meetings too far from home considering I’ve got an appointment with the nurse at 16:30 to find out what jabs for Kilimanjaro (
    That really is a meeting far away from home.

Didn't sleep well, to the point I didn't trust myself to drive this morning.
    Popped to the shop on my bike for the first time in a very long time which was nice, apart from the slightly uphill ride to the train station straight afterwards which nearly killed me :oops:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...what jabs for Kilimanjaro
    pretty much all of them!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Spent the afternoon fitting power outlets back in the bedrooms downstairs.

Bike parts shopping almost done for new/old rebuild. Just need to decide which brakes and cranks to use. Frame arrives Monday, so better finish the other 2 old ones I'm fixing for friends first. :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wrong thread.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    TLW1 wrote:
    Meetings too far from home considering I’ve got an appointment with the nurse at 16:30 to find out what jabs for Kilimanjaro

Ascent/descent by fixie?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Rawl plugs bought #exciting had some child in a BMW trying to undertake me on roundabouts on the way back to work, kept trying to lunge up right side of me. Probably thought I was a taxi but annoyed me non the less.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just tidying the garage. may do a weights sesh. may not .......

#rock'n'roll
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

Ascent/descent by fixie?
    Was tempted by the hard tail but going to get a new full sus
  • tlw1
    sungod wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...what jabs for Kilimanjaro
    pretty much all of them!
    Rubbish (still waiting to go in)
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Wrong thread.

Do you mean 'wrong bread' ?. Because you bought some bread earlier. Maybe you were not using your loaf and got the wrong bread.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Morning, hopefully another nice day weather wise on the cards, pity I am at work

You had a choice :D

Me doing shed stuff me. Cladded(?) it with ship lap and turned a cheapy shed into something looking good and made it solid. Now I can get on with the temporary wood store.

Decided I would water seal the ship lap. It's like creosoting and it's the sort of job that I loathe... Then I had a brainwave: I used a weed killer sprayer bottle and did it in 5 minutes flat :D
    Other than that, it rained on me most of the day. This summer has been sh1t. Warm at times but biblical deluges in between.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Camping in Tsavo West with the view of 'Killi' and the White cap is indelible in my memory.
    The red dust and the Lions. I want my ashes scattered there.

You could see the top of Killi from Nairobi on a clear day, on the way to school.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Evening Wage Slaves.

After a late start, spent most of today being dragged around the local town in Cretin land while my two wasted money on stuff we don't need. I have bravely fought back by wasting money on wine and gin :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]