wednesday it became necessary to destroy the town to save it

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, shop, laze

may watch if.... always brings back memories of the school armoury, and christine noonan looked hot with a sten
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, still at King’s Lynn 12 hour shift awaits , at least the weathers ok
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hybrid commute awaits after walking hound

Just checked my emails and new bib shorts and tops on there way, just in time for a weekend away and we are camping, so I will have to cycle there :)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, weather is OK here for the moment, ready to bucket it down just for when I leave work. Nothing interesting to report.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just going to have a coffee, a shake then do a weights sesh. its gonna hurt.

then see how the day goes.

#uncertaintimes
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, its rather grey and cool here, dogs loving it she was zooming around/into things. Many morons today on the road today so may rent an air balloon to get home, less chance of a crash.

Doing some photography things later so hopefully this weather cheers up, sunshine would be much better for what I'm planning but we will see.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Weather looks set fair here for a few days, which is nice. Dentist shortly, then work, then home.
  • Bus to work today, have a "clearing open-day" to meet the new recruits over a BBQ lunch.
    Hoping to get some work done and start on my conference presentation, I don't want to be writting it on the plane this time as i'll be drinking.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    oxoman wrote:
    Run completed, youngest,s hair scalped peaky blinders style not my choice I hasten to add. Have also possibly lit touch paper on ebike thread on here. See what leaping and co say.

link please!

#intrigue
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning, it still is just about. Just back from first ride in over 2 weeks due to surfing, was good. A few route diversions to avoid showers so stayed dry. On one road, a single track tarmac backroad I spotted a lad ahead walking same way as me but on other side of road. So, slowed down a bit as I approached just in case. He then starts to wander aimlessly across road as I get nearer. I have to come to a virtual stop to ensure no collision. All the time I'm shouting "BIKE" as loud as I can and no response. As I go past him I look him in the eye and shout "TAKE YOUR F*CKING HEADPHONES OFF!". He just gave a bemused look as I cycled off but think he got message...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    'christine noonan', I see.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=chris ... 05&bih=569`

Me shifting wood pile me. Going to build a temporary wood canopy in anticipation of PPG (Pinno's Project Garage). Just waiting for planning...

It's going to pour they say. Ho hum.
    First school run in Porker was interesting :D

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ah of course, schools back in Scotland.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    'christine noonan', I see.
    heroically fighting reactionary forces...
    MV5BZDEyYjA1MDQtNjE5OS00ZWIxLTk3OWEtYjY1NTA4MDlmODViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk5NzQ5Ng@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,819,1000_AL_.jpg
    mmm, which side would you be on
  • pinno
    Side?! The 6 or the 9 for me.

(However, she's probably a little wrinklier since then, so the answer is metaphorical)
  • it'd take a good push to slide those bullets into her breach,,,,fnar fnarr
  • Pinno wrote:

(However, she's probably a little wrinklier since then, so the answer is metaphorical)

Very - she died in 2003
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Went gorge trekking in central Crete today so had to flop by the pool afterwards to recover. Now faced with the tough decision of what to have for dinner and which of the hotel spirits stash I should make inroads into next.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Reminds me, I came across my airsoft pistol in the garage the other week, may see if the mag holds gas still.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    that's answering the wrong question, pour la désambiguïsation mon ami...

700d4f57143e6b86618681a5e55e3545.jpg
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Reminds me, I came across my airsoft pistol in the garage the other week, may see if the mag holds gas still.

Wtf are you going to do with that?!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Go postal, MK stylee?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Go postal, MK stylee?

Ride by shootings ?
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Well my UKARA expired ages ago so ill check it works an remove the slide and barrel so its non firing then see about getting my licence back. Its three hours over a month of something like that so not hard, can stick to range work after which keeps it up.

I could just blank fire it an people would panic, blow backs pretty loud from memory.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Well my UKARA expired ages ago so ill check it works an remove the slide and barrel so its non firing then see about getting my licence back. Its three hours over a month of something like that so not hard, can stick to range work after which keeps it up.

I could just blank fire it an people would panic, blow backs pretty loud from memory.

"Airsoft 6mm". Doesn't have the same ring to it.
  • step83
    Yeah I doubt a 0.2g round is going to scare many off, stamping on the barrel states .45ACP, but its still just a RIF.
    Lock boxed for now anyway I'll get some gas test an strip at the weekend.