Outfront mount for GoPro type mount underneath?

tonysj
tonysj Posts: 391
edited August 2019 in Road general
Hi all.
I'm after a Garmin type mount but with a GoPro type of mount underneath.
I have a Powepod power meter mounted on the bars and need to find a suitable Garmin/Gopro mount as I have a GP hero 5 with extender battery and waterproof clear case. It's doubles the width so is quite big.
The issue is the Powerpod needs to be clear of cables near the front so it runs correctly. That's directly under the bars to the right of the stem.
The Garmin/GoPro will need to be on the left as far over as possible ( the bars narrow way from the stem and the tape/cables are in the way) so there's little room.
My current outfront mount bends over to the right so would push the camera too far over towards the Powerpod causing issues
I need a suitable mount and wonder what you guys have that could be suitable.
I've even considered using my Garmin mount and attaching one of the many GoPro mounts I have but the tiny bolts are not long enough and I've no idea of the small thread size I would need.
Any help appreciated
Regards.
T.

Comments

• Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    edited August 2019
    Have a look at raceweardirect he produces loads of mounts for this sort of thing.

Nice bloke too.
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    JRC components ones are good, I've got the stem mounted one with GoPro underneath.

Avoid cheap chinese ones off eBay. 5nm torque is enough to snap them and leave your bars floating in thin air.

https://www.jrc-components.com/collecti ... ccessories
  • cgfw201 wrote:
    JRC components ones are good, I've got the stem mounted one with GoPro underneath.

Avoid cheap chinese ones off eBay. 5nm torque is enough to snap them and leave your bars floating in thin air.

Aye, get them off a company that bulk buys them from China.
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    K-Edge?
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Raceware direct designed and made in britain.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I have this one for a garmin and Cycliq 12CE. You have to buy the camera mount in addition. It's rock solid and 10x better than the official cycliq one, which is rubbish. It will work with a go-pro too.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-out-f ... gMQAvD_BwE
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    cgfw201 wrote:

I have 3 Chinese ones on the go at the moment and all are working fine. The one on my CX bike managed the Roubaix Sportive and didn’t lose either my Garmin or GoPro.
  • I have one in the garage at present doing nothing. Genuine Garmin.
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    I have one in the garage at present doing nothing. Genuine Garmin.
    Hi Franco di B,
    I've tried to PM you but apparently I'm not allowed !!
    Could you send me a PM with the info and your contact details etc please.
    Regards.
    T.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    elbowloh wrote:
    I have this one for a garmin and Cycliq 12CE. You have to buy the camera mount in addition. It's rock solid and 10x better than the official cycliq one, which is rubbish

Does the Go Pro mount actually fit the Cycliq ? None of the mounts I've got fit properly,they are all about 1mm too thin so the camera doesnt ever hold in place you have to wedge it in or continually adjust after every bump you hit