Worst names for bikes

bonzo_banana
bonzo_banana Posts: 256
edited August 2019 in The hub
Recently bought an old Saracen Pylon bike and very pleased with it but then I thought about the name 'Pylon' and it makes me think of girders or breeze blocks it just doesn't sound like a bike name.

I also remember the Planet X bike 'Uncle John' which if I remember rightly was named after an Uncle who liked to dress in woman's clothes. I guess the bike is a 'cross' CX bike.

Just wondering if there are any more strange or uninspiring bike names out there?

Comments

• essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Cove MTB's make a 'G-Spot', and they used to make a 'Hand Job'. Brilliant I think :-)
  • matudavey
    matudavey Posts: 108
    Not a bike - but I recently got some marketing from a kit company called 'Pissei' - no-one wants pissei shorts!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Cove MTB's make a 'G-Spot', and they used to make a 'Hand Job'. Brilliant I think :-)
    One of my neighbours has a Stiffee, another Cove model I should add.
  • essex-commuter
    Veronese68 wrote:
    One of my neighbours has a Stiffee, another Cove model I should add.

Of course, I forgot about the Stiffee. Always wanted one of those :lol:
  • edward.s
    edward.s Posts: 219
    For some reason I've never liked the 'bizango'.
  • Keith.
  • essex-commuter
    Boris
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Boss nut.
    Mmmbop.
    Space Chicken.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Boris gets my vote. :lol:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Cove in total had
    G-spot
    Stiffee (available in Pink)
    Hand Job
    Hooker (available in Black)
    Hustler (maybe different connotations for someone who came of age in the 70's or 80's compared to now)
    Foreplay
    Playmate

Hummer, Peeler, Sanchez and Shocker don't really cut it after those.
    EDIT: OK maybe I'm too innocent as I've found out some of the alternate meanings of those!

None of those are bad though.

For me the worst is 'Bike Manufacturing Company' I mean BMC what on earth where you thinking!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The Rookie wrote:

For me the worst is 'Bike Manufacturing Company' I mean BMC what on earth where you thinking!

Rumour is they filled the wrong section in when registering the company name. Instead of writing the name of the company they wrote the type of company.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    The Rookie wrote:
    Cove in total had
    G-spot
    Stiffee (available in Pink)
    Hand Job
    Hooker (available in Black)
    Hustler (maybe different connotations for someone who came of age in the 70's or 80's compared to now)
    Foreplay
    Playmate

Hummer, Peeler, Sanchez and Shocker don't really cut it after those.
    EDIT: OK maybe I'm too innocent as I've found out some of the alternate meanings of those!

None of those are bad though.

On-One Pompino - pompino is a blow job in italian