0513f776894eb4113204916356e7957cd1b463.jpg?v=3

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Forgotten today’s plans now
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

ride, bask, maybe arrange some more hols, it's good to have a few in reserve
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning. Photoshop eh. Sunny day, not sure on plans as have people staying so could be beach trip and get them in the surf. Organised drowning or something similar.
  • That's a good start. Cycle to work, measure some parts, write up some tutorial notes on converting scanned hand sketches to vector artwork, order some donkey easels and other arty cr@p. That should do for today.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Skive 'til lunchtime.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    at home, very sunny but a lovely crispness to the air.

curled up on the couch with Das Hound, drinking coffee. Bambini snoring.

Lets see what time the bambini wake up and take it from there.

#relaxed
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Wahey! ( wonder how long this thread will last?

No idea what I was going to waffle about.
    The sun has got his hat on...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    rode around swoopy los hervideros both ways, had two palmeras at the cafe, saw a tabbycat

enough to achieve for today, time for a bask
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I need boobs, I mean coffee! Off to see logistics girl, she has nice coffee...
  • Some say that jobless Stig tried to win the Tour Der France this year, but ended up throwing his bike into a canal because there was no milk left for his Brexit. Some say he made up for this by becoming Kim Car Dashion......a new electric Toyota prototype that got abandoned due to excessive design features.

He really did punch a horse to the ground tho.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Afternoon Peeps.

Ventured out in the hire car today and went to see some historical Greek stuff before a late afternoon pool session. Off out for dinner in a bit to some nice little taverna we passed on the way out today - unfortunately that means I can't have a drink until we get back. Best make it a quick dinner then :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Peeps.

Ventured out in the hire car today and went to see some historical Greek stuff before a late afternoon pool session. Off out for dinner in a bit to some nice little taverna we passed on the way out today - unfortunately that means I can't have a drink until we get back. Best make it a quick dinner then :)

Last time I was in Crete they had taxis for exactly this kind of eventuality.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Peeps.

Sadly we are in what's technically known as the middle of ****ing nowhere, so getting a taxi out from the nearest town to take us 3 miles down the road and back was going to be silly money. Now suitably stuffed with an unfeasibly large portion of lamb chops and compensating for thre driving with a monster G&T sitting at the hotel outdoor bar :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Peeps.

Sadly we are in what's technically known as the middle of ****ing nowhere, so getting a taxi out from the nearest town to take us 3 miles down the road and back was going to be silly money. Now suitably stuffed with an unfeasibly large portion of lamb chops and compensating for thre driving with a monster G&T sitting at the hotel outdoor bar :)
    C'mon all this brexit malarkey means you can get lashed up and fly away without footing the bill.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Peeps.

C'mon all this brexit malarkey means you can get lashed up and fly away without footing the bill.
    Sorry, no idea what you're on about?
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Peeps.

Plus potato
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Peeps.

Don’t be so tight, taxi will be cheaper than doing 3 miles in your car
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Peeps.

We're driving a Peugeot 2008 this week :oops:
  • pinno
    ...and you get to go in a W123 series. Magic. Priceless.

Mercedes_Taxi_%284259985743%29.jpg
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Pinno wrote:

Mercedes_Taxi_%284259985743%29.jpg
    I was a passenger in one of those when the driver decided to bend it round a tree.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

I was a passenger in one of those when the driver decided to bend it round a tree.

Poor car, poor tree :shock:

I had one of them. It never came into contact with any trees (during my ownership).
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Poor car, poor tree :shock:

I had one of them. It never came into contact with any trees (during my ownership).
    The tree won that particular discussion, quite handily. It’s still around to mark the event, with no discernible scar.

The car was less fortunate. My mate was driving, and the car belonged to his girlfriend’s father. Think for him the explanation to her old man was worse than the crash.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    'That' conversation. Hmm...

I 'bent' my Dad's car once. Mum chucked a hissy fit. All my father said was that I wouldn't learn to drive properly until I bent one. So laid back.
    He did write off an Alu body shell XK120 sometime in '61 though.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Peeps.

Perfect fit at your age
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Perfect fit at your age
    You mean too young to afford a good car? :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Perfect fit at your age

No, he meant too stiff and decrepit to get in a low sports car.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Perfect fit at your age

No, he meant too stiff and decrepit to get in a low sports car.
    I seem to recall you needing a bit of leverage to get out of my passenger seat :D