2020 transfers

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Also, what impact will next year's rebranding to parent company NTT have on the team?

It will mean new kit....
  • Ha. I should have added a "besides new kit / equipment" qualifier to that.

The reason I asked was the change of headline sponsor nationality from South Africa to Japan and how that ties in with the team's aim of producing high-level African cyclists (or so they said a few years back).

Just so I keep this on topic, I also wonder how long it'll be until it's confirmed where Cav is going next year. (I'm aware of the Bahrain Merida rumour before anyone points that out as well!)
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    So Dumoulin confirmed for Jumbo for 3 yrs
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Gilbert to Lotto-Soudal. 3 years.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    Gweeds wrote:

Hope they pay him enough because I believe this nails shut the prospect of him succeeding in trying for 5...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Gweeds wrote:

Hope they pay him enough because I believe this nails shut the prospect of him succeeding in trying for 5...
    He's never going to be QS leader for MSR though. That's firm Alaphilippe territory and they're too alike.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    Could see a few transfers from this, Bjare Riis's continental hold look like they'll be announcing a move to pro-conti this week (article in Danish). As a continental hold they've only got 11 riders, so a few places up for grabs.

https://hsfo.dk/sport/Bjarne-Riis-har-n ... kel/248136
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    The reason I asked was the change of headline sponsor nationality from South Africa to Japan and how that ties in with the team's aim of producing high-level African cyclists (or so they said a few years back).
    )

Hopefully it will stop them wasting shed loads of cash employing people to mastermind Meintjes victory at the 2020 Tour de France, at significant cost to more important aspects of the team. All they have come up with after 2 years of "work" is that he will need to set off a day before everyone else!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    I await with 'interest' the ensuing Riis = doper commentary. As in shouldn't be allowed etc etc.. Or is that only afforded to D Millar?
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    Well it is quite puzzling to me why Riis is allowed to work in the sport and Bruyneel isn't. :wink:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • gweeds
    See also Vino.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • RichN95.
    Masnada: Androni >>>> CCC
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Gweeds wrote:

My first thought when I heard this news was "ah so he's retiring then"

He has a better chance at winning in San Remo while riding for QS than he does for Lotto Soudal imo. He'd have managed to win all the monuments with some comfort if he didn't spend so much time at BMC
  • Sunweb wave goodbye/stick two fingers up at Tom D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjoG5IIQuWc
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    Sunweb wave goodbye/stick two fingers up at Tom D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjoG5IIQuWc

Have only watched the first 10 seconds but presumably the two fingers is using Carlton as the commentary?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    Fuglsang didn't get a better offer from someone else, so its staying with Astana
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    gsk82 wrote:
    Fuglsang didn't get a better offer from someone else, so its staying with Astana
    There was talk of Movistar. Unless they persuaded Carapaz to stay (possible), the cupboard is looking a little bare for 2020. Of course. Van der Poel could fill it.

Otherwise a Valverde-Mas-Soler clusterf**k isn't going to cut it.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    I think Movistar is fixated on their main GC guy to be Spanish speaking.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    There was talk of Movistar. Unless they persuaded Carapaz to stay (possible), the cupboard is looking a little bare for 2020. Of course. Van der Poel could fill it.

Otherwise a Valverde-Mas-Soler clusterf**k isn't going to cut it.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what Soler can do when riding for GC in a Grand Tour.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Ardila (Colombian winner of the Baby Giro) to UAE.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    gsk82 wrote:
    I had the impression that there were more riders leaving Astana than coming in, so maybe he got a good deal out of the management...
    Half man, Half bike
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Degenkolb to Soudal-Lotto for two years. Presumably he’ll be their man for the spring classics, and only do occasional bunch sprint duties when Ewen is not riding.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    andyp wrote:
    Degenkolb to Soudal-Lotto for two years. Presumably he’ll be their man for the spring classics, and only do occasional bunch sprint duties when Ewen is not riding.

Alongside Gilbert. You'd think that would be a fairly strong spearhead but I think that's two riders who both want leadership without the team to back them up like Gilbert at QS. Not sure that they'll be guaranteed a big result
  • RichN95.
    andyp wrote:
    He's pretty effective in a lead out as the penultimate man.
  • Lennard Kämna to Bora-Hansgrohe.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bora-ha ... am-sunweb/
    Sunweb exodus continues...
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    Wiggins Le col are finishing at the end of the season
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    gsk82 wrote:
    Wiggins Le col are finishing at the end of the season

Has Pidcock already got a contract elsewhere?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Sam Bennet saying he hasn’t signed yet. I thought he was going to DQS? If not EF are looking for a sprinter
  • gweeds
    I thought the same about DQS
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Magnus Cort to EF according to their instagram.

Better fit than Astana I would think.