monday modified to carry air-launched cruise missiles and miniature air-launched decoy

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

calima still making it toasty, but i laugh in the face of thermageddon

ride up and down, bask, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, in Kings Lynn at the moment for five days work at East Winch, a decent pool and gym at the hotel
    Enjoy your week
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

heading to see Ostia ruins in a bit. Suspect it will be - quite metaphorical and a physical manifestation of the mental being of the english national cricket and rugby teams - ie overgrown and fallen over.

then onto the big iron bird to get home into the loving arms of TDV.

coffee is also imminent.

#13-6
    #1upintheseries
    #ruins
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Coffee time, little motivation here. Raced bikes on the weekend, I can barely move today. Awaiting the results but I know I did fairly dreadfully.

Hey ho, must buy a new bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    HaydenM wrote:

Turbulent times ahead. I feel for you. So many choices; it's a minefield.

Supposed to be sunny here. That's that 2/98 ratio inversion rearing it's ugly head.

2 more days of Toots holidays left. I might survive.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Morning. Sunny again after rain in night(best way). Feels like haven't ridden in ages as surfed every day as been so windy. OH old school friend and kids coming today for a few days. Great....
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Just digesting breakfast. Must summon up the energy to get up and head for the pool :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Bowl of lidl Krave clone, tea, espresso. Cycled in to work, bit humid. Today I am prepping evidence for an academic offences panel then measuring stuff for a masters student on a CMM. Interspersed with writting course material, putting a conference presentation together and a myriad of random admin items.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I am an unwilling participant in the even called "Monday" and wish to leave.

Sums up the day, no energy, tired and hungry despite eating. May sneak off home and nap.
  • Bowl of lidl Krave clone, tea, espresso. Cycled in to work, bit humid. Today I am prepping evidence for an academic offences panel then measuring stuff for a masters student on a CMM. Interspersed with writting course material, putting a conference presentation together and a myriad of random admin items.

Sounds fun. I'm going surfing in the sunshine :D
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Well, that escalated quickly.

Lazy start to Monday, headed off to get lunch and pick up a couple of replacement power outlet switches.

Came home with 7 switches, a set of hooks for garden implements, a small stack of form-ply sheeting, a Dremel kit, a cordless impact driver/drill and a battery powered chainsaw. :shock: :shock:

Could have been a lot worse.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83

Lazy start to Monday, headed off to get lunch and pick up a couple of replacement power outlet switches.

Came home with 7 switches, a set of hooks for garden implements, a small stack of form-ply sheeting, a Dremel kit, a cordless impact driver/drill and a battery powered chainsaw. :shock: :shock:

I bet you only went out for a bottle of milk...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    scenic misty mountain hop with cloud/mist shrouding volcano before the sun burns it off, also noticed a bustle in the hedgerow on the way back

scorchio already
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    In airport. May go and have a beer to celebrate leading in the Ashes series without really trying, being rugby world number 1 without even trying and commiserating final day of Italy holibobs

#lunchtimebeer

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Turbulent times ahead. I feel for you. So many choices; it's a minefield.

Had a blast on one at race practice in the wrong size for me but it was an absolute rocket ship. Unfortunately the spec I want is about £5300. Mtb not road...
  • Matthewfalle

which chainsaw dude? have been contemplating one for ages for cutting firewood. can't be bothered with pull cord thing as they never, ever work properly.

#bloodychainsawwon'tstart

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner

which chainsaw dude? have been contemplating one for ages for cutting firewood. can't be bothered with pull cord thing as they never, ever work properly.

I have several already.. a electric (cheapie) one that's "ok" for softwood, an extension pole brush cutter type, a high power Husqvarna petrol 20" one which is awesome (and very easy to start TBH)... There's another old petrol one that is now probably dead somewhere in the shed.

So picked up an AEG 18V small one - only 12" bar I think - for small stuff and pruning medium trees for times when I CBA to get the petrol one out.The little brush cutter type I have is a bit wussy for anything thicker than about 2".

Man in shop reckoned the DeWalt 54V one was the mutt's nuts but too big and heavy for what I wanted. But for firewood cutting you might be better off with something like that. There are some really good Husqvarna and Stihl ones in that "professional" range of battery jobs too, but the damned battery packs are *seriously* expensive for that application.
  • Matthewfalle

I have several already.. a electric (cheapie) one that's "ok" for softwood, an extension pole brush cutter type, a high power Husqvarna petrol 20" one which is awesome (and very easy to start TBH)... There's another old petrol one that is now probably dead somewhere in the shed.

So picked up an AEG 18V small one - only 12" bar I think - for small stuff and pruning medium trees for times when I CBA to get the petrol one out.The little brush cutter type I have is a bit wussy for anything thicker than about 2".

Man in shop reckoned the DeWalt 54V one was the mutt's nuts but too big and heavy for what I wanted. But for firewood cutting you might be better off with something like that. There are some really good Husqvarna and Stihl ones in that "professional" range of battery jobs too, but the damned battery packs are *seriously* expensive for that application.

thank you!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Well, that escalated quickly.

Hand axe. Buy three and you can have fun throwing them in the garden, which might not be reccomended with a chainsaw.
  • pinno
    What make of cordless impact driver WS? Any good? Okay for up to 170nm?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Must admit I didn't know they had Lidl in Oz, that's what happens whenever the Mrs goes in there and sees their bargain bins.
    Another busy day of sorting out other people's screw ups. Had to educate one of the managers about how VAT works, he had a bit of a hissy fit at me. Explaining you can't order something through the States and have it delivered here without VAT wasn't a popular move, he wanted to kick the can down the road and sort it later. I feel like Stevo now, but not the Stevo that's on holiday.
    Was going to walk to Sainsbury's but it started raining, went to Gregg's as it's nearer. I'll have to pedal harder tonight.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Must admit I didn't know they had Lidl in Oz, that's what happens whenever the Mrs goes in there and sees their bargain bins.
    Another busy day of sorting out other people's screw ups. Had to educate one of the managers about how VAT works, he had a bit of a hissy fit at me. Explaining you can't order something through the States and have it delivered here without VAT wasn't a popular move, he wanted to kick the can down the road and sort it later. I feel like Stevo now, but not the Stevo that's on holiday.
    Was going to walk to Sainsbury's but it started raining, went to Gregg's as it's nearer. I'll have to pedal harder tonight.
    I'd normally help you out there V but lounging by the pool drinking plonk is just too good an option right now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Pinno wrote:
    What make of cordless impact driver WS? Any good? Okay for up to 170nm?
    This one is the combo drill/driver so only rated up to about 80 NM. It's an AEG. Haven't used it yet, but feels and seems pretty solidly made.

They also do an impact driver which claims 180 NM.. like this one.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/aeg-18v-cordless-compact-impact-driver-skin-only_p6230110
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'd normally help you out there V but lounging by the pool drinking plonk is just too good an option right now.
    No problem, completely understand. I won of course, his acting like a petulant child and saying "just do it and sort it out later" didn't really help. Me being right kind of helped, luckily for him the FD is also on holiday.
  • step83
    Pinno, I have a Ryobi 18V one, does up to 220nm. Drills solid used it for many a stupid task, Impact gun whizzes off hub nuts etc no bother

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-RIDTWIN1 ... B00NB3V3IQ (combo I got)

Or the silly 400nm version

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-R18IW3-1 ... SZEXPHD5HG
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Had to educate one of the managers about how VAT works, he had a bit of a hissy fit at me. Explaining you can't order something through the States and have it delivered here without VAT wasn't a popular move, he wanted to kick the can down the road and sort it later.
    Can't they mark it as "gift" on the customs form? Seems to work for stuff from China.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long day of work meh forgotten once running club got going, ferkin fast tonight
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno, I have a Ryobi 18V one, does up to 220nm. Drills solid used it for many a stupid task, Impact gun whizzes off hub nuts etc no bother

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-RIDTWIN1 ... B00NB3V3IQ (combo I got)

Or the silly 400nm version

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-R18IW3-1 ... SZEXPHD5HG

Hmm - wheel nuts, no. Porker wheel nuts are alu on the 944. They get a hammering from impact drivers.
    I ended up wrecking a 19mm blue point deep socket which got jammed on the wheel nut.
    Shelled out for a set of wheel nuts (and a socket) so it won't happen again.
    But (you know), pesky suspension arm bolts, cross members, anything that's exposed to the roads...