trek remedy 7 gx 2020 or trek fuel ex 8 plus???

rizzee84
rizzee84 Posts: 10
edited August 2019 in MTB buying advice
https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/mo ... ike_461698

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/mo ... lsrc=aw.ds

hi can somebody tell me which bike is better please and which one they would go for and why thanks.i will buy one or the other!!

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The Fuel EX is a trail bike whereas the Remedy is more enduro biased.
    What sort of terrain will you be mainly riding?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • What JBA said...
    As someone who gets scared when my wheels leave the floor, I would go for the Fuel Ex :oops:
    Friend has an old Remedy and spends a lot of time at trail centres, whereas I spend more time mile-munching across fields and woodlands.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    ^^^^ what they said^^^^

I like the Fuel because of the colour! Decent spec though and would cope well with XC and Enduro type riding. Could probably do double duty a bit better than the Remedy.

Depends what you want it for. For me 160mm is more DH orientated. My FS is an Enduro bike running 140mm. Copes perfectly well with XC type riding, climbs well but also very happy at BPW, Cwmcarn, Afan, Cannock etc.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Both these bikes are really trail bikes, the Remedy is just a long travel version. Both bikes climb well, the Remedy a lot better than most with this amout of travel. If I was buying it would be the Fuel if I was riding a lot of smoother trails and the Remedy for rocky trails, that extra travel will soak it up more.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • rizzee84
    Thanks for the replies guys..I've just bought my new bike but it wasn't either that I posted..I went for the giant trance 2 27.5 2019 version I hope it's going to be a good bike and I haven't made a mistake..thanks
  • JBA
    Trance is a great bike. You haven't made a mistake. :)

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • rizzee84
    got the bike yesterday took her out for a spin bike seems really nice im happy with it..1 thing i was disappointed with was it has no downtube rubber protection like the 29er version..my fault i suppose i should have looked at the pictures better..anybody know if i can buy this part anywhere??
  • JBA
    It’s only the carbon (Advanced) models that have a down tube protector fitted.
    Just put a strip of helitape on your down tube and it will be fine.
    While you are at it helitape all the likely rub points as well.