2020 transfers

Comments

• andyp wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Mikkel Bjerg rumoured to be on his way to Ineos. He's already a two time U23 TT world champion which is rather impressive, particularly considering that he's still only 20.

Yeah, he was mentioned as on his way to Ineos in this post on VR, a couple of weeks agao:
    Signings: Carapaz, McNulty, Bjerg, Campanaerts, Pidcock, Hayter and Donovan

Departures: Poels (Sunweb), De La Cruz (Movistar), Elissonde (Trek), Rosa (Androni), Kiryienka, Knees and Golas (Retired).

This has been 100% wrong thus far.

So three of the supposed signings; McNulty, Bjerg and Donovan have signed elsewhere.

Donovan has signed for Team Sunweb, as has Italian sprinter Alberto Dainese.

I see Pidcock has said he's not stepping up to World Tour yet either so that's another one to scratch off the list.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Ilnur Zakarin to CCC. Is there anyone left at Katusha?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    RichN95 wrote:

those contracted thro 2020. I think Dowsett is one.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    amrushton wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

those contracted thro 2020. I think Dowsett is one.

Zakarin will be a good fit at CCC
  • RichN95.
    Tiesj Benoot to Sunweb
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,549
    Cataldo to Movistar
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    RichN95 wrote:
    Tiesj Benoot to Sunweb

That's a loss for Lotto.

Bit of a dig at the Belgian team (who Boonen said had too many problems for him to fix) in Benoot's quotes:
    "I was looking for a team with a professional and scientific approach where I can make the next steps forward in my career; that’s why I chose Team Sunweb,"
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    Quintana x 2, Anacona and Diego Rosa to Arkea- Samsic confirmed by Dayer on Velonews

Interesting to know what happened to Rosa. Brilliant at Astana and ok start at Sky then fell off a cliff
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    indyP wrote:
    Interesting to know what happened to Rosa. Brilliant at Astana and ok start at Sky then fell off a cliff

I guess the drugs wore off.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • dish_dash
    Campenaerts to Dimension Data :shock:
  • gweeds
    Bit left-field
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    Gweeds wrote:
    Bit left-field

I remember thinking that with last year's weird but good acquisitions (Valgren etc), and that they'd do well.

Not making that same mistake twice. Sorry Vic
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    Dan Martin to Israel Cycling Academy (!)
  • gsk82
    r0bh wrote:

That's left field!
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    edited August 2019
    Double post
  • RichN95.
    r0bh wrote:
    Dan Martin and his agent

breaking-bad-money-pile-800x450.jpeg
  • dish_dash
    From UAE to Israel, I'd argue the latter has better food which is was one of Dan's complaints about his current team...
  • RichN95.
    Working for the Arabs and Israelis. His passport is going set off all sorts of red flags at airports. :P
  • gweeds
    Now that is more left-field.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,195
    RichN95 wrote:
    r0bh wrote:
    Dan Martin and his agent

breaking-bad-money-pile-800x450.jpeg

Dan's put on some weight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gweeds
    Boy and Danny Van Poppel to Wanty for 2020.
  • gweeds
    Reports that Dumoulin and Sunweb have reached agreement on his departure. Jumbo-Visma the likely destination.
  • gweeds
    Now confirmed by Sunweb that he’s leaving.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Gweeds wrote:
    Reports that Dumoulin and Sunweb have reached agreement on his departure. Jumbo-Visma the likely destination.
    Those reports have just been confirmed. Sunweb boss Iwan Spekenbrink wishes Tom Dumoulin all the best for the future.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    ademort wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:
    Those reports have just been confirmed. Sunweb boss Iwan Spekenbrink wishes Tom Dumoulin all the best for the future.
    Also confirmed is Tom is to sign a 3 year contract with Jumbo Visma and his sole aim, and that of the team is to win the Tour De France.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    That is awesome news. I am an Ineos fan but cant wait to see them be pushed to for every second. Quite a strong team, non?
  • gsk82
    That is awesome news. I am an Ineos fan but cant wait to see them be pushed to for every second. Quite a strong team, non?

The decisions regarding route will be interesting. Make it a climb fest to help Pinot, have every stage end with a short sharp climb to help Allaphilippe or make it a tt-athon to favour Jumbo.

There must be a way to stop that pesky British team from winning.... only if Froome isn't back to full fitness in time i suspect.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    Gweeds wrote:

For some reason I always think he is at Jumbo anyway. Which GC riders are moving on from Jumbo as they seem to be getting a bit over-subscribed or reaching Ineos levels in terms of GT contenders.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    gsk82 wrote:

The decisions regarding route will be interesting. Make it a climb fest to help Pinot, have every stage end with a short sharp climb to help Allaphilippe or make it a tt-athon to favour Jumbo.

There must be a way to stop that pesky British team from winning.... only if Froome isn't back to full fitness in time i suspect.

I would have thought that any route choices would be with the aim of getting a French winner rather than avoiding another Ineos victory, they tried to get a Pinot friendly route this year and it may have worked had it not been for his late injury.
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Campenaerts to Dimension Data :shock:
    Now confirmed.

Also, what impact will next year's rebranding to parent company NTT have on the team?