sungod Posts: 16,434
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

bimble, cafes and bask, many cold drinks
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, clear skies on the east side of the country at the moment, I don’t think it will be lasting though, , I need to do some gardening and cycling
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Cloudy on the west, not sure if it's heading your way.
    It's dry at the moment so my lard arse needs to make the most of it and do some exercise before the rain arrives.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Last day at work before a week of sunshine and laziness. So I've arranged a free lunch with some prospective advisors to get warmed up for the weekend :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - so obviously enjoyed the pub last night

Tonight is repeat but maybe after doing the local TT
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sitting in the sun drinking coffee - trying to get some kayaking sorted.

#floatingonwater
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning. Wet and windy here, surf is on the cards for today. May go and look at motor for eldest.
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Could turn into a swim, but the forecast seems to be improving.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Weather is grim. Stage list has been released for racing on the weekend, strava tells me it is largely very good. Unfortunately Danny Hart and a load of others are on the start list so I'm going to do dreadfully. Also means I can't really get hammered this weekend which is a bit depressing. Work is tedious.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    leisurely start to lazy day, pancake and coffees at the marina, peaceful, bit of early haze, already hit 30

preparing to relax further
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:

preparing to relax further

Preparing to get wet here...

Moving out this weekend, which is good, as everything is already covered in dust as the builders batter the floor to pieces, and we've had to eat out every night as there is no kitchen, and nowhere to sit.
  • haydenm
    On a slightly related construction note, the OH wants to add my surprise tax rebate to the extension fund :cry:

Should I divorce her now before we get married?
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    On a slightly related construction note, the OH wants to add my surprise tax rebate to the extension fund :cry:

Tell her you'll put it towards the wedding i.e. extra drinks for you
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:

"Our" construction fund is "my" voluntary redundancy money, and "my" unexpected inheritance from a great aunt in Finland, with the balance from additional mortgage funding. I don't think I have spent anything on myself yet. No bike, no hoes 'n' blow, no skiing holiday. Having done it once, I know that divorce would be even more expensive though. :roll:
  • haydenm
    So you're suggesting I should call it off now before D-day in April...?
  • Lords Test on TMS, England just got 2 quick wickets. Game on!
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:
    So you're suggesting I should call it off now before D-day in April...?
    Nah, it'll be fine. Honest.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TLW1 wrote:
    Could turn into a swim, but the forecast seems to be improving.
    Booked the cinema - safer option
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, very very dull today ma sack off work as I could do more useful things like nap from home.

Foamy floor tiles turned up so I can whack those down, and bung up the shelves I keep putting off.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Damp start but a nice day eventually. Friends brought round a couple of old bikes for me to service / fix up, which should be not too hard by the look of them. Dinner and trivia quiz at local club this evening. We left halfway having not challenged the scorers too much in the first few rounds...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Oh, and bought that Cervelo off Fleabay, will be a week or so before it turns up. Now to start bargain hunting for bits to build it with.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

"Our" construction fund is "my" voluntary redundancy money, and "my" unexpected inheritance from a great aunt in Finland, with the balance from additional mortgage funding. I don't think I have spent anything on myself yet. No bike, no hoes 'n' blow, no skiing holiday. Having done it once, I know that divorce would be even more expensive though. :roll:
    Gents you must know the rules of the game. Never tell them how much you really earn and never disclose windfalls. Otherwise it just gets spent on stuff they want and/or pointless shyte (there is a large degree of overlap between those two categories of spend). Or as a mate once quipped; 'We had our credit card stolen a while back. I haven't reported it as the thief is spending less money than the wife' :)

Read 'Bonfire of the Vanities' before it's too late. Coined the phrase 'Your expenses always rise to meet your income'.

Now bailed out of work and headed home. Next trip to the office = 27 August 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    She's just had a 60% payrise, she can f*ck off...
  • haydenm
    Speak of the devil, she's just called me practically crying because she's run a frog over with the front door and it's insides have come out all over the kitchen.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    HaydenM wrote:
    Speak of the devil, she's just called me practically crying because she's run a frog over with the front door and it's insides have come out all over the kitchen.

Yummy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Fry the legs in butter and garlic
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh, and bought that Cervelo off Fleabay, will be a week or so before it turns up. Now to start bargain hunting for bits to build it with.

coolio and congrats - pics please!

#newtoy!newtoy!newtoy!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    back in for the evening. about to have a beer on the terrace.

if anyone is in the Abruzzo, today we have properly hunted around Celano - its gorgeous with mega, mega cycling and hills that no clubbie should attempt as they will die because they are weak.

#lush.likeLucy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    HaydenM wrote:

Your front door opens into your kitchen? Or did the amphibian explode so violently it's gone everywhere?

For some reason I struggle with houses where the kitchen and / or the bathroom is at the front...
  • Stevo_666
    [url][/url]
    HaydenM wrote:
    http://www.ebay.fr
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

cut it open, clean it out and wear it as a hat.

#ribbit

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.