Deviate Guide, ready to go!

2»

Comments

• tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    Not ridden them off-road yet (stupid foot…) but riding them down a really steep hill has revealed they they are a different level of ridiculous when it comes to power, but well modulated enough to not punt me over the bars at the first hint of squeezing the lever. Seems they have gone live on the website too, just a 9 short month lead time…

As for if they are worth the wait/money, probably not. There are plenty other brakes that are good enough, for 30% of the price of these, available straight away. But these are, by some distance, the best looking, best feeling and most powerful brakes I’ve ever used.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • dirkpitt74
    dirkpitt74 Posts: 518
    That's an awesome looking build Tom - nice one!

How have you found the paddle shift compared to the grip shift?
    Is shift up on one side and down on the other?

Those brakes look well nice too - bit pricey for me though lol

Any news on the cranks?
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    Cheers, pretty pleased with how it’s turned out!

The shifting is... OK. It’s a single shift trigger, so it’s not great for making massive jumps though the ‘box, but I rarely need to change more than 3 at once anyway, due to the fairly big gaps in ratios.

The main benefit for me, is that the grips are now the same shape, with no play in the shifter part of the grip, makes it much more comfortable on descents.

I’ve actually upgraded the brakes :-D as I spilt hydraulic fluid on the rotors, so any excuse for these...

48539477311_5459db2a33_k.jpgMoar holes = Moar power! by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

2.25mm Intend Aero 203mm. Because reasons.

All seems to have gone quiet on the crank front, I’ll give them a chase, see where they are at.

You like this, wait till you see what I’ve got in the works ;-)
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er