Power Meter Options

Mylobear99
Mylobear99 Posts: 4
edited August 2019 in Road general
I just bought a Specialized Tarmac sport which comes with a Praxis Alba M30 crank. I've been doing some searching and it doesn't look like there are any compatible crank power meter options unless I change the crank to a 105 and the bracket.
I guess that leaves me with either hub or pedal options, does anyone know of a crank that might be compatible with this setup?

Comments

• schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Power2Max do one - https://www.power2max.com/en/product/ng ... wer-meter/ - for your crankset. Total power measurement, not left only.

I have a P2M power meter and it works well.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    FSA powerbox (a rebranded Ng eco) and the team zwatt cranks should also work with your existing bottom bracket.
  • aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    wongataa wrote:
    Power2Max do one - https://www.power2max.com/en/product/ng ... wer-meter/ - for your crankset. Total power measurement, not left only.

I have a P2M power meter and it works well.

Me too and I would recommend P2M
  • Awesome, thanks for the replies, I'm going to look into them.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Have you considered pedal based power meters? If you do swap your crankset in the future they can easily be swapped.

Faverio assioma are good and reasonably priced.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    The Assiomas are awesome, if you're happy to use the appropriate cleats.
  • Chris Bass wrote:
    Have you considered pedal based power meters? If you do swap your crankset in the future they can easily be swapped.

I've considered them but also have a couple friends who have bumped into curbs with thier pedals doing crits and the power meters died when they did so so I'm leery about them.

• Another one in the Assioma camp here. I was having the same dilemma with a 2017 Roubaix and the M30 BB so went for the pedal option both for ease of installation and future proofing of just being able to move to any new bike and not have to worry about the BB
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Mylobear99 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

I've considered them but also have a couple friends who have bumped into curbs with thier pedals doing crits and the power meters died when they did so so I'm leery about them.

avoid curbs! problem solved!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes