sungod Posts: 16,436
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

suspect wind remains strong, medium ride, many volcanoes, cafes, sunbed
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    It's due to tank down in The Big Smoke which makes me smile as my Aussie minion has taken the day off to watch The Ashes at Lords :twisted:

Another day dealing with idiots beckons.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    chilling out watching Teen Titans with bambino before going for breakfast then beach.

#holibobs
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning. Rather damp here although supposed to brighten later. Hopefully a surf if swell has hit, may tinker with lawn mower this morning. Life in the fast lane.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's due to tank down in The Big Smoke which makes me smile as my Aussie minion has taken the day off to watch The Ashes at Lords :twisted:

A day at Lords is great. One of the places where tucking in to a well chilled bottle of champagne at 11 a.m. is not frowned upon.

However, the forecast would suggest very little (if any) play today. He/she may as well bin it off and come in to work!
  • Matthewfalle
    just off for espresso & cake

#espresso&cake

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Damp start drove in on account of not wanting to get wet. Busy day ahead of chair spinning and trying to not fall asleep. Coffee will be required, may annoy the girl in logistics again.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    'Dreich' as they say in Jockland.

Life has now moved into limbo land. Not Hoppy style but similar - don't have to move out.
    Hopefully builder bloke will turn up and we can talk over plans for the Uber man cave/garage thingy.
    Then I have toots free space, tinkering space, indoor pedalling space, Porker space, wood store space...
    Green house at the back and views over the loch. Peacjy, peachy, peachy.

#oasis

Pics of the gurl in logistics please Step. That'll cheer me up.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...A day at Lords is great. One of the places where tucking in to a well chilled bottle of champagne at 11 a.m. is not frowned upon.
    11am? only the uncouth would frown on it

any time is bubbly time, on eurojaunts with mrs s, we've started as the 0540 pulls out of st.pancras

wind fearsome, getting shoved all over road, gave up at the top of timanfaya and took the long way back
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Lie in, Binckbank highlights, brekky, work.
  • Finally got home and car unloaded by 22:00 last night. Shower, breakfast, espresso, pump tyres up on bike, ride in to work in the raining, f-ing freezing. Sat about pretending to write a presentation on model based definition for a conference in September. Meeting about "sustainable development education" at 11:00, then lunch followed by "training for clearing".
    great to be back from hols....
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

...any time is bubbly time, on eurojaunts with mrs s, we've started as the 0540 pulls out of st.pancras...

Groogh, surely you then have to keep topping up until bedtime, otherwise unspecified mankiness will kick in. Not that keeping oneself nicely topped up is necessarily a hardship, but it could possibly lead to falling over, public urination, and incoherent shouting topped off by a almighty battle with the air demons before finally passing out in a skip. :shock: :oops:
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    'Dreich' as they say in Jockland.

Life has now moved into limbo land. Not Hoppy style but similar - don't have to move out.
    Hopefully builder bloke will turn up and we can talk over plans for the Uber man cave/garage thingy.
    Then I have toots free space, tinkering space, indoor pedalling space, Porker space, wood store space...
    Green house at the back and views over the loch. Peacjy, peachy, peachy.

#oasis

Pics of the gurl in logistics please Step. That'll cheer me up.

Laters.

Shall try to oblige.

Tinkering space is a must, I'm slowly getting there with mine, need to do more binning, put shelving up, lighting and bike hooks. Lots of faff and not easy when its peeing down.
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

...any time is bubbly time, on eurojaunts with mrs s, we've started as the 0540 pulls out of st.pancras...

Groogh, surely you then have to keep topping up until bedtime, otherwise unspecified mankiness will kick in. Not that keeping oneself nicely topped up is necessarily a hardship, but it could possibly lead to falling over, public urination, and incoherent shouting topped off by a almighty battle with the air demons before finally passing out in a skip. :shock: :oops:
    we just keep on, another on the tgv, one on arrival, one with dinner, nightcap, just takes practice :D
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Long day of not much achieved. Drove my Mum into town and back this morning, with a coffee stop. Back through town for lunch on way to physio, then long drive home again.

Shame it was such a nice day to waste.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

A day at Lords is great. One of the places where tucking in to a well chilled bottle of champagne at 11 a.m. is not frowned upon.

However, the forecast would suggest very little (if any) play today. He/she may as well bin it off and come in to work!
    I haven't seen him online so I guess he's down the pub playing with bits of sandpaper.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You sound familiar with the experience Mr. H :)
  • Recently flew to Greece and flight was 6am. In airport around 0430 and people drinking then. God no.
    Some think it's almost obligatory to start drinking as soon as possible because "we're on our hols". Chavs mostly.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You sound familiar with the experience Mr. H :)

A life in a day, rather than a day in the life; and i've never encountered, let alone fought with, an air demon. Indeed, I have doubts about their very existence, though the "permanently refreshed" gentlemen who sit on the bench outside what used to be Bodeans in Balham are often deep in conversation with said phenomena.
  • Wheelspinner
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Yep, home renovation and dealing with builders will do that to you... :D
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Mine literally started yesterday! So far, so good. Moving out at the weekend.
  • Wheelspinner
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Mine literally started yesterday! So far, so good. Moving out at the weekend.
    Best of British to you with it...

I have a tiler and a floor coverings guy coming tomorrow to measure up and quote for the downstairs works. Bill will be eye-watering for sure.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day made busier than is necessary by other peoples incompetence. Resisted tearing them a new one myself for a change, will let others have the fun this time.
    Rather moist around these parts today, thankfully Wednesday is the day I have to drive the Mrs in to work so I was nice and dry when I got to work. Hopefully they won't shut the A316 at Twickenham again today, apparently traffic was dreadful yesterday, made riding the bike rather more satisfying.
    I thought champagne is a perfectly acceptable breakfast drink, what else does a champagne breakfast need. Debating going for the Winter Warmer breakfast in Richmond again this year, it did get rather messy last year although I don't recall fighting any air monsters. Unfortunately I'm supposed to be at the classic car show that day but may have to delegate that particular task. Wednesday is of course pub day so I will be visiting a hostelry after going to see the old dear this evening.
    Shout if you fancy a beer sometime H³, moaning about the trials and tribulations of building work over a pint is traditional. Bit far for you Spinner, but you are welcome to join us.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Shout if you fancy a beer sometime H³, moaning about the trials and tribulations of building work over a pint is traditional. Bit far for you Spinner, but you are welcome to join us.

Aye, good idea. I would say before the weather gets shyyte, but that seems to have already happened. Have you been to the Hand in Hand since it's re-opened? I've been up quite a bit - was there last night in fact, seeing as there is nowhere to sit and have dinner at our house. I also took my mum there for Sunday lunch the other day. Really good roast for £14-£17, and they've made quite a bit of space for dining. Definitely my favourite pub in the area.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Aye, good idea. I would say before the weather gets shyyte, but that seems to have already happened. Have you been to the Hand in Hand since it's re-opened? I've been up quite a bit - was there last night in fact, seeing as there is nowhere to sit and have dinner at our house. I also took my mum there for Sunday lunch the other day. Really good roast for £14-£17, and they've made quite a bit of space for dining. Definitely my favourite pub in the area.

why don't you have a beer with Spinner over Skype?

Bear in mind the time difference, one of also has the pleasure of it being a breakfast beer.

#breakfastbeer.foodofchampions

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Best of British to you with it...

well, thats him phukked then.

#britain.itsnotthatgreat
    #brexit
    #borisjohnson
    #reesmogg
    #trump'sbitch

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Pinno, my quest has failed! She went home at four
  • Matthewfalle
    drinkng 7% Birra Moretti Forte while whilst chilling on the terrace. its actually alright and not the instant headache in a bottle i thought it would be.

#refreshing

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Fed up of waiting for the stealers to give me my car back, I’ve got a club run to go to......
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno, my quest has failed! She went home at four

:(
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Drinkng home made red wine while whilst chilling on the terrace. its actually alright and not the instant headache in a bottle i thought it would be.

and no - none of this home brew shyyyt british people make. proper wine from proper grapes in the proper way, innit, see, lush Gywnned.

#refreshing
    #smooth

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.