De Rosa Milanino Training

philclubman
philclubman Posts: 229
edited August 2019 in Your road bikes
Updated March 2017. Position dialled in.

33404133411_5db9af0f10_h.jpg

My new De Rosa Milanino Training

I'd been looking out for a new frameset for a change from my Dawes Clubman and this came up on ebay. I was almost set on a Kinesis 4S, but I'm happy with my choice.

The frame was a bargain and I've transferred most of the parts from the Clubman apart from the white finishing kit that I had to buy. I've had some time to build her up over Christmas and have just taken her for her first ride. Amazing!!

Hope you like.

16164743825_39d02f7e2c_z.jpg

16163991742_a8d76c02fd_z.jpg

15544980843_dbdd4c1763_z.jpg

16138949076_409e07c667_z.jpg

16162850121_83c46686c8_z.jpg

Comments

• That is very nice! I really like the look of it!
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Think I may have bid on the same frame! You've done it proud, looks great. 8)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Thanks guys.

From the list of bikes in your signature, Luv2ride, I needed it more than you anyway! Have you got any pics of the Crosslight?

Mudguards are on now and she's ready for commuting duties.

I've added more pics below, and will take some with the 'guards on another time.

16165125991_1eb66ef961_c.jpg

15980967639_76af065cf4_c.jpg

15547260863_08e4aa20bc_c.jpg
  • 'tis a nice frame........but a triple chain set on it? Really?

Afraid so. :) It works for me.

It's what I had on the Clubman, so it got transferred to the new frame. My next groupset will be a double, but
    nothing out there is very inspiring apart from maybe Chorus. A bit dear to use on the commute though. What groupset would you have put on?

It's what I had on the Clubman, so it got transferred to the new frame. My next groupset will be a double, but
    nothing out there is very inspiring apart from maybe Chorus. A bit dear to use on the commute though. What groupset would you have put on?

Commuter bike you say......? Well....it goes against the grain a bit but Shimano 5800 11 sp is ideal for a commuter/come wknd warrior bike imo. Good value too (yeah, Chorus by all means but take the price hit). Obviously some will cry out loud in anguish that a group set from Shimano could ever grace an italian frame but hey ho! :o

Commuter bike you say......? Well....it goes against the grain a bit but Shimano 5800 11 sp is ideal for a commuter/come wknd warrior bike

Plus some evening 10's and some 25's. Possibly some crits and RR too. 105 looks okay, but I'll stick with what I've got.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    From the list of bikes in your signature, Luv2ride, I needed it more than you anyway! Have you got any pics of the Crosslight?

Here you go...
    imagejpg1_zpsc102fe94.jpg

Just need to learn to take good photo's like yours :lol:
    Now has a black on white Charge Scoop saddle and the stem has been dropped a few spacers. Nice ride...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Luv2ride wrote:

Here you go...
    imagejpg1_zpsc102fe94.jpg

Just need to learn to take good photo's like yours :lol:
    Now has a black on white Charge Scoop saddle and the stem has been dropped a few spacers. Nice ride...

Looks good. I always like Kinesis bikes. There's someone with a GF Ti on here that looks amazing. At some stage I will definitely buy a Kinesis. The Tripster looks amazing too.
  • sane_man
    sane_man Posts: 3,759
    I have just picked up my Milanino Training a week ago, lovely frame. My trusty Pinarello Sestriere died of premature rusting and the Milanino is a worthy successor - Italian style but with mudguards for a Welsh winter!

They're quite rare, only a small amount a year are made and they don't appear on the website or any catalogue - very much like the Pinarello Sestriere they're a mudguard-clearance version of a race frame in limited numbers. I tried getting one in September but the UK distributors had none left. I pestered my local De Rosa dealer on an almost weekly basis and some stock finally turned up a week before Christmas. He ordered one quickly and apparently they were showing zero stock by the end of the day. I think it was worth the wait!

I can see yours is also a newer model with the metallic blue panels and the lack of cutouts in the rear dropouts. Been out on one 50-mile ride so far and I'll be installing some SKS guards tomorrow evening.
    <i><font color="maroon"><font size="1">I could be happy the rest of my life, with a Cinnamon Girl</font id="size1"></font id="maroon"></i>
  • philclubman
    philclubman Posts: 229
    Updated March 2017. Position dialled in.

33404133411_5db9af0f10_h.jpg
  • hey there do you know the max tyre clearance with mudguards on ?

thanks

thanks

I only use 23mm. There's not great clearance for big tyres.

On the front, I'm now running a standard reach brake - the pads are at the very bottom of the slots, but that should give an idea.

48510293172_b6627b9e2c_z.jpg

48510106766_dfc39bcf0c_z.jpg
  • A couple of pics from a bit of impromptu BMX this morning.

48510106891_b43ea9c560_b.jpg

48510293062_375dab52f9_b.jpg

thanks

I only use 23mm. There's not great clearance for big tyres.

On the front, I'm now running a standard reach brake - the pads are at the very bottom of the slots, but that should give an idea.

48510293172_b6627b9e2c_z.jpg

48510106766_dfc39bcf0c_z.jpg

thanks!
    looks like 25 max probably . thanks for the update still looks puuurrrdy :-)